PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Secret Interlude - 04/22/21 05:42 PM
Secret Interlude

I am a little out of my comfort zone again. I couldn't think of anything interesting to say so I just let BiaB pick a title for me, so here goes nothing!

BiaB style - Bossa Nova Style
Tempo = 120

Drums = RealDrums - bossaBrushes
Bass - Ample Bass - preset - Jazz Bass
EP = Velvet - preset - 56 MKI vintage phase
Guitar - Kontakt - Band - preset - nylon string guitar
Strings 1 - Kontakt - Solid State Strings
Strings2 - strings1 down an octave - Kontakt - String Boutique - presets Deep strings and dark strings.

I am playing the nylon string guitar lead and via my wind controller the tenor sax (Swan Tenor sax) and trumpet (Kontakt - Chapman trumpet).

FX = Wave's bass rider on the bass track.
Raum reverb on all but the bass and drum tracks.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Secret Interlude - 04/22/21 10:58 PM
Very different Mario. Cool chord progressions. Love that windcontroller. Guitar was very cool as well.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Secret Interlude - 04/23/21 03:42 AM
For being out of your comfort zone, you've certainly produced some comfortable, easy listening music.

Melodic and mellow. The twinned brass were a nice touch. smile
Posted By: stratos Re: Secret Interlude - 04/23/21 05:28 AM
I really like this.
More out of the comfort, no problem + 1 :-)
Posted By: rsdean Re: Secret Interlude - 04/23/21 07:49 AM
Mario,

You sound completely in your comfort zone... Outstanding playing and a great tune.

Loved it!

Bob
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Secret Interlude - 04/23/21 11:05 AM
Unbelievable, what a beautiful song, makes you want to just sit back, close your eyes and just enjoy the easy listening music!!!
Posted By: jannesan Re: Secret Interlude - 04/23/21 11:51 AM
Relaxing Latin mood and enjoyable chord progression, beautiful playing, good instrumentation, late summer night vibes. Very comfort zone, please stay there for a while smile

Janne
Posted By: robsmusic Re: Secret Interlude - 04/23/21 09:15 PM
smooth!

-rob
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:30 AM
There is something about a bossa groove that has always captivated us.

This is most cool...love the nylon pickin' and the horns. You are one versatile musican!

J&B
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:59 AM
BiaB is very creative, too, huh? Secret Interlude seems to fit this wonderful composition perfectly. Mario, you seem quite comfortable to my ears. The melody and horn harmony is superb. That guitar is very tasteful and so well played. Very enjoyable for this sunny Saturday morning, and it will surely translate well into the night.
Posted By: bluage Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 05:38 PM
Your composition has that 'rainy day' feel blended with a melodic warmth and rhythmic coolness that is characteristic of so many fine bossa nova tunes. The string arrangement provides a dreamy, elegant background for your instrumental performances. Everything comes together wonderfully.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 08:47 PM
I am somewhat of a Bossaholic, and this is a very tasty musical beverage!!! So, so nicely done Mario!!! Take care. Greg

BTW, there is NOTHING outside your comfort zone!!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very different Mario. Cool chord progressions. Love that windcontroller. Guitar was very cool as well.

Thanx Scott, much appreciated.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:10 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
For being out of your comfort zone, you've certainly produced some comfortable, easy listening music.

Melodic and mellow. The twinned brass were a nice touch. smile

I said slightly out of my comfort zone as our wedding band did play a couple of bossa novas, I just never tackled the whole thing by myself.

Thanx for those nice comments.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:10 PM
Originally Posted By: stratos
I really like this.
More out of the comfort, no problem + 1 :-)

Thanx stratos, I'm glad you liked this.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:11 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Mario,

You sound completely in your comfort zone... Outstanding playing and a great tune.

Loved it!

Bob

Thanx so much Bob.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Unbelievable, what a beautiful song, makes you want to just sit back, close your eyes and just enjoy the easy listening music!!!

Ronnie, thanx so much for this wonderful review.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Relaxing Latin mood and enjoyable chord progression, beautiful playing, good instrumentation, late summer night vibes. Very comfort zone, please stay there for a while smile

Janne

Thanx so much Janne.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:13 PM
Originally Posted By: robsmusic
smooth!

-rob

Thanx Rob.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
There is something about a bossa groove that has always captivated us.

This is most cool...love the nylon pickin' and the horns. You are one versatile musican!

J&B

Janice and Bud, thanx so much for these very nice words.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:15 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
BiaB is very creative, too, huh? Secret Interlude seems to fit this wonderful composition perfectly. Mario, you seem quite comfortable to my ears. The melody and horn harmony is superb. That guitar is very tasteful and so well played. Very enjoyable for this sunny Saturday morning, and it will surely translate well into the night.

Marty, thanx for listening and those very nice comments.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Your composition has that 'rainy day' feel blended with a melodic warmth and rhythmic coolness that is characteristic of so many fine bossa nova tunes. The string arrangement provides a dreamy, elegant background for your instrumental performances. Everything comes together wonderfully.

Thanx for those very kind words. I greatly appreciate them.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/24/21 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I am somewhat of a Bossaholic, and this is a very tasty musical beverage!!! So, so nicely done Mario!!! Take care. Greg

BTW, there is NOTHING outside your comfort zone!!

Greg thanx for listening and commenting. There are a lot of things out of my comfort zone its just BiaB makes it easy for me to experiment and learn new genres.
Posted By: rayc Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 02:23 AM
The nylon string stands out . It does get a tiny bit strident higher up but, generally, is a lovely sound well captured.
You do amazing things with your controller.
Well done.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 09:21 AM
You sound comfortable to me, Mario wink

Great groove, and I really like the horn parts via the wind controller.

But my favorite part is the nylon string guitar part, right in the pocket and super tasteful.

Nice!
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 09:55 AM
Howdy Mario....

Well....I like this one and I'd say you are in your comfort zone.
A relaxing, well put together composition which I'd listen to again.
I agree with all other comments. smile

I've threatened to write one in this style too which I many research for my next project.

Well done.

Have a great day....
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 10:22 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
The nylon string stands out . It does get a tiny bit strident higher up but, generally, is a lovely sound well captured.
You do amazing things with your controller.
Well done.

Thanx Ray. The nylon string guitar is a very cheap one that is starting to have a warped neck. Also there is no truss rod so this one will be in the garbage can in a couple of years, sooner if I replace it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 10:23 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
You sound comfortable to me, Mario wink

Great groove, and I really like the horn parts via the wind controller.

But my favorite part is the nylon string guitar part, right in the pocket and super tasteful.

Nice!

Dave thanx so much for listening and commenting. Every once in a while I hit a winning guitar part so thanx for that. It means a lot coming from an excellent guitarist like yourself.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 10:26 AM
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Howdy Mario....

Well....I like this one and I'd say you are in your comfort zone.
A relaxing, well put together composition which I'd listen to again.
I agree with all other comments. smile

I've threatened to write one in this style too which I many research for my next project.

Well done.

Have a great day....

Like I said I was a little out of my comfort zone as my wedding band did play a couple of bossa novas, but I had never do one from scratch before. Well I mean from scratch using BiaB ingredients.

Thanx for the nice comments.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 01:15 PM
Mario,
The nylon guitar stars in your sultry sky here; those horns are sooo smooth too.
You are in complete wind control mode.
Well done!

Robert
Posted By: musician17 Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 01:58 PM
You are right up there when it comes to creating music that makes one feel good and happy - and that's what it's all about, right? Really, really beautiful track - it takes so much talent and skill to make it sound that easy, and that's exactly what you do. Thank you - I needed this, and you're 100% reliable, every time. Bravo.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 06:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Mario,
The nylon guitar stars in your sultry sky here; those horns are sooo smooth too.
You are in complete wind control mode.
Well done!

Robert

Thanx Robert for the super fine review. I really appreciate it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 04/25/21 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
You are right up there when it comes to creating music that makes one feel good and happy - and that's what it's all about, right? Really, really beautiful track - it takes so much talent and skill to make it sound that easy, and that's exactly what you do. Thank you - I needed this, and you're 100% reliable, every time. Bravo.

Thanx so much James for this wonderful posting. I appreciate these great remarks but to be truthful it ain't easy to do.

I'm glad you liked this.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Secret Interlude - 04/26/21 01:07 AM
Nice. It sounds like the music that would have played during the opening credits of a 60s movie.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Secret Interlude - 04/26/21 03:07 AM
Mario, you're the boss of the bossa after this one. Nice tune and changes.
Your arrangement and choice of instruments show a good understanding of the genre.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Secret Interlude - 04/26/21 03:34 AM
Mario
I don't comment every time but I listen to everything you post and I am ALWAYS inspired by what you do , including this one . Also you have the funniest signatures smile
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Secret Interlude - 05/03/21 11:00 PM
A nice one in any zone !
moto
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 05/03/21 11:36 PM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Nice. It sounds like the music that would have played during the opening credits of a 60s movie.

Thanx so much for listening and commenting.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 05/03/21 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Mario, you're the boss of the bossa after this one. Nice tune and changes.
Your arrangement and choice of instruments show a good understanding of the genre.
Cheers,
Mike

Thanx Mike, but I'm no boss of the bossa nova. A novice yes, this was my first solo attempt at it, my band played a couple of them, but a boss, no way.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 05/03/21 11:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
Mario
I don't comment every time but I listen to everything you post and I am ALWAYS inspired by what you do , including this one . Also you have the funniest signatures smile

Thanx Gary. I try to bring a little humor into the fold here.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Secret Interlude - 05/03/21 11:39 PM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
A nice one in any zone !
moto

Thanx Captain.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Secret Interlude - 05/04/21 10:23 AM
Mario,

Smooth! for sure. Nice job with the wind controller and the nylon...

A good "theme-based" instrumental (as they should be).
A good listen. Good mix.

fj
© PG Music Forums