PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Prodigal (Back Into the Light) - 05/01/21 02:10 PM
So every time I listen to my old songs I think, I can make a new track for that one, so here's another one.

This is a recording of a combination of vocal tracks for the same song...Bob Huston is singing part of the song from a vocal track from October 2000 along with me and my cousin Gene...the other half of the track is my son Ian, my daughter Amber and me from a vocal track recorded around 2010 and the music track is brand new from BiaB recorded in 2021...so the duet of these recordings is a time traveling jigsaw puzzle!

It's just for fun but I have always loved this little tune...if you listen I hope you enjoy it...Dan

BiaB real tracks
683 Bass
2201 Nylon guitar
405 Strumming acoustic
543 El. Guitar
Real drums=NashvilleEven 8
I added some tamborine, electric piano and acoustic guitar playing a drone E chord from my Genos

https://soundclick.com/r/s8h8d1

Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Prodigal (Back Into the Light) - 05/02/21 09:51 AM
Wow, what a cool backstory to this glorious song, Dan. This is a very captivating version. Great job hiding any "scars" from the various takes, and presenting a seamless treat. Well done on many levels.
Posted By: firesong Re: Prodigal (Back Into the Light) - 05/02/21 07:32 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Wow, what a cool backstory to this glorious song, Dan. This is a very captivating version. Great job hiding any "scars" from the various takes, and presenting a seamless treat. Well done on many levels.

Thanks Marty...yeah this about the only song of mine that was recorded by two different groups at the same tempo and in the same key signature...kind of a Nat King and Natalie Cole/Hank Williams and Hank Jr. thing where two generations sing together separately...glad you enjoyed it...Dan
© PG Music Forums