PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete With your permission - 05/04/21 11:27 PM
Hi, this is my latest, funk style jazz. No particular history behind it, just having fun.
With your permission

Style is =CARBON.STY (Carbon Fast Jazz Fusion w MST)
BassCustom Synth is Hi-Q 034 01 Bass, Electric, 61 Classic Sforzando
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34),
MIDI SuperTracks in style: 3516:Bass, FusionFastAlex Ev 150
RealTracks in style: 3335:Piano, Electric, Rhythm FusionFastJeff Ev 150
RealTracks in style: ~1216:Vibes, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
RealTracks in song: 1956:Sax, Alto, Soloist TexasBluesRockStraightMark Ev 120
RealDrums [in style:FusionFastAlexPerc^3-a:SnareGroove,HiHat,Conga,Tamberine , b:HiHat,Snare,Conga,Tamberin

Mike B.
Posted By: dcuny Re: With your permission - 05/05/21 01:33 AM
Hi, Mike.

The "Texas" sax fits in there really nicely!

I like the mix - nice stereo spread with the instruments.

Well put together bit of music. smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: With your permission - 05/05/21 05:45 AM
Nice chord structure.

Busy Sax work and percussion.

No doubt lots of fun to put together.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: With your permission - 05/05/21 06:15 PM
A good vehicle for the sax- energetic and smooth.
Sounds great on headphones.

Robert
Posted By: MarioD Re: With your permission - 05/05/21 08:15 PM
Mike you should have fun more often! Loved those vibes! Super groove and stereo separation. That sax wasn't really killing, loved it.

Super use of RTs and a super song.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: With your permission - 05/06/21 09:29 AM
Sounds like it was as much fun to make as it is to listen to, Mike. You always create a band I could listen to every night, and then provide the coolest changes for them to show off. Love your choice of instrumentation, and the way you bring them in.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: With your permission - 05/06/21 11:47 AM
Thanks for all your comments, like I said just having fun and trying new styles (to me anyway) and possibilities.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: With your permission - 05/06/21 01:19 PM
Mike.
Sounds great! Solid arrangement, kept me focused all the way through. Production and mix is excellent (as with most of your offerings). Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: With your permission - 05/09/21 07:43 PM
When you have fun we have fun!

Amazing how well that blues sax worked.

Excellent!

J&B
Posted By: bluage Re: With your permission - 05/10/21 09:19 PM
'cubanpete'...

Damn, man, your composition, 'With Your Permission' was so brief and ended so suddenly that I thought a commercial break was coming! laugh

Great combination of Real Tracks. This instrumental is as steamy and passionate as a stormy tropical summer night, with particular credit bestowed on all the rhythmic percussion going on in the Real Drums track. The fast sixteenths tempo in the drum set reminded me of some of Pat Methany's more upbeat music. The vibes and electric piano provided all the romantic sweetness and ambient shimmer and glow you could ask for to contrast the primal musical drive of the piece. You pulled off a great stunt using that 'Texas Blues Rock' alto sax soloist! I listened to the demo in BIAB. It had a 2 & 4 beat that did not suggest it would work in your bossa/funk/smooth jazz composition, but it came off sounding like it was making love to somebody, ha, ha laugh !!!

Hot, hot, hot!
Posted By: Leon1 Re: With your permission - 05/10/21 11:46 PM
A most enjoyable listen, Mike, as per usual.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: cubanpete Re: With your permission - 05/12/21 09:59 PM
Thank you guys, I was surprised myself how well the sax solo worked. I like to experiment, if not sounds good I don't even post it here.
Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: With your permission - 05/13/21 11:41 AM
Another fine offering.

Sounds great!

moto
Posted By: Derochette Re: With your permission - 05/15/21 04:32 PM
Hi cubanpete,

The sax is excellent. Impeccable mixing and very pleasant arrangement. It's a very well done instrumental piece. I apprecied.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: cubanpete Re: With your permission - 05/18/21 08:52 PM
Thanks Moto and Jan for your comments and the time to listen. I'm glad you all liked it.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: With your permission - 05/21/21 03:45 AM
Hi Mike,

I love bossanovas. That was a stroke of genius using that TexasBluesRock realtrack... very, very cool. It fits perfectly. As always, I love the chords you use to lead the listener through your song. Wonderful arranging.

This was a nicely satisfying journey.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: cubanpete Re: With your permission - 05/25/21 06:05 PM
Hi Noel, thanks for your comments. Not sure about the stroke of genius but sure was a stroke of luck. I tried different soloists and thought that this one fitted pretty good despite the difference in styles.Thanks again

Mike B.
© PG Music Forums