PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog Infinite Love - 05/09/21 10:21 AM
Greetings Forum Friends,

Some of you may recall I lost a friend to COVID a few months ago. We wrote our last song, "Half a Million Gone" about the impact COVID has had on us all. This song, "infinite Love" is more about our friend, Jen.

https://soundclick.com/r/s8hc9p
Infinite Love

Although this song is a tribute, she wouldn't have wanted it to be sad and mournful. She was optimistic and joyful. She believed in environmental causes, wildlife and animal rescue. She was driven to make a difference in the world...and she did!

We were so lucky to have her by our side. I believe she always will be, as long as we have limitless hope and infinite love.

DC SpaceDog

https://www.soundclick.com/dcspacedog

Posted By: ChadHC Re: Infinite Love - 05/09/21 11:46 AM
what a nice tribute/memorial song. Happy and joyful recollections of a life well-lived. Super job on this! Sorry for the loss of your loved one.

Perfectly fitting vocals. Did you play some of the instruments as well? or was it all BIAB. I liked the exotic sounds of the instruments used.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Infinite Love - 05/10/21 09:39 PM
Chad, Thanks for listening and commenting. I played the e-piano, the intro riffs, and the instrumental verse with marimba and steel drum instrumental synths from my midi keyboard.

PGM, I'll post the Realtracks in a few days with the Soundcloud link for PGM radio.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Infinite Love - 05/10/21 10:36 PM

Hey this sounds great SpaceDog!

Very perky! It made me happy!

smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Infinite Love - 05/11/21 05:28 PM
We also lost a great friend to C-19 -- a friend of 25 years who had similar beliefs and attitudes as your friend.

That makes your song very special to us.

Thanks for sharing it.

J&B
Posted By: dcuny Re: Infinite Love - 05/12/21 12:51 AM
Nice tribute - upbeat and cheerful. Good arrangement, nice instrumentation, good vocals. The lyrics did a good job at getting across your friend's personality.

Sad to hear about your loss, but the song left me smiling. smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Infinite Love - 05/12/21 11:54 AM
A wonderful tribute, and clearly a big effort.

I really liked the doubled-up vocals.

The 'tropical island' feel put everything at ease.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Infinite Love - 05/12/21 04:28 PM
Hi SpaceDog,

Very nice composition full of hope despite the loss of people we love. Your voice makes us feel your feelings and the melody is very pleasant. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Infinite Love - 05/13/21 11:39 AM
Great tribute!

I think the best songs always grow from some deep emotional experience.
This is a wonderful example of that.

Well done.

moto
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Infinite Love - 05/13/21 10:11 PM
Thank you all for listening and commenting. I'm glad you liked it.

Dave S, Perky is a good description of my friend. I'm glad the song captured that too.

J&B, Sorry you lost a friend to C-19 too. I hope this song helps you through the loss as it has for me.

David, Always good to hear from you. Thanks for the complements. I wanted this to be my best work since I knew her family would be listening.

VideoTrack, Actually, the writing was tougher than than the recording and production which went very smoothly for a change.

Derochette, Thanks for the nice comment about the vocals. I try to feel each word of the lyrics in an attempt to communicate the emotion.

Captain Moto, You are right about the best songs coming from deep emotions. You can always tell when the artist is faking it or just going through the motions.

Take care.

SD
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Infinite Love - 05/15/21 09:39 PM
PGM,

Here is the Soundcloud link for PGM radio.

https://soundcloud.com/dcspacedog/infinite-love

Here are the RTs I used:

Title: Infinite Love
Style is _RUMBABP.STY (Rumba w/ Acoustic Bass & Piano)

RealTracks in style: 916:Bass, Acoustic, Rumba Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 920:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Rumba Ev 110
RealDrums in style: RumbaFull^3-a:Brushes , b:Ride

Added RealTracks:

925 Piano accoustic rhythm Bossa nova
923 Electric guitar
924 Electric Guitar
2109 Tres rhythm guaracha

Midi Solo blues quartet
Loop Percussion Congas124 bpm

Thanks for creating such a wonderful musical power tool!
© PG Music Forums