PG Music Home
Posted By: PeterF Can I Come Too? - 05/27/21 08:29 PM
Can I Come Too?

I guess you might call this a bluesy roots type of song.

Leon - Vocal & Lyric
I sang a little and played dobro (along with the RT resonator) and electric guitars.

RealTracks in style: ~572:Bass, Electric, Blues BB Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 2626:Guitar, Resonator, RhythmPlus Blues8thsRandy Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 573:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues BB Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:BluesBBEven8^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Can I Come Too?

Big cold raindrops, falling from the sky
Big cold raindrops, falling from the sky

My woman left me, I don’t know why
My woman left me, I don’t know why

Cars on the highway, drive on by
Cars on the highway, drive on by

They’re going somewhere, I don’t know where
They’re going somewhere, I don’t know where

Oooo, oooo, can I come too?

Big fat teardrop, rolling down my cheek
Big fat teardrop, rolling down my cheek

Sleep is calling, but I can’t close my eyes
Sleep is calling, but I can’t close my eyes

She’s out there somewhere, wonder who she’s with
She’s out there somewhere, wonder who she’s with

People going places, purpose in their eyes
People going places, with purpose in their eyes

Posted By: MarioD Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/27/21 08:45 PM
Love the groove! Great vocal and mix. As always excellent guitar playing.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/28/21 06:14 AM
I agree with Mario, groove is perfect, just a great feel.

Nice processing on the vocal, Leon sounds great, and I like that low BGV in there, very effective.

Excellent playing as per usual, Peter, both the dobro and electrics.

Good song guys, listened a couple of times.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/28/21 11:08 AM
Peter / Leon,

Sounds great! Lean & mean blues rock...

Great arrangement, mix and vocal. Everything about this works perfectly.

Bob
Posted By: Derochette Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/28/21 11:49 AM
Hi Peter and Leon,

I agree with the opinions above. The mix is ​​well done and the double voice lends itself well to it. It is pleasant and well arranged. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/28/21 12:11 PM
Peter & Leon,

That one really sticks in your head!

Good live-band sound - just what this one needed. Dobro & guitar solos sound good. Vocals, too. Good mix.

And it is STILL running around my head! That's a good sign!!

Enjoyed.

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/29/21 12:02 AM
Loved this tune. Loved your dobro. Very cool instrument. Super vocal Leon. Harmonies were excellent as well. Well done
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/29/21 01:51 PM
Peter & Leon
VERY nice! Your tunes serve as a reminder to me that good music does not have to be made with fancy beats or synths, but come from the heart. Excellent swinging vocals and those guitars... Great stuff! One of my favorite from you hands down. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. I am a dilettante when it comes to production. About half of the stuff I know I learned from folks here on the forum smile But I have a small suggestion as a average listener.. Leon's vocals are very pronounced. In most of your tunes it works great, however this tune is very.. how to say it right? - "open aire" and when Leon's vocals come in they are a bit sharp. When Peter is doing BGV it diffuses things, creating natural chorus like effect (which is awesome by the way!). As far as suggestion goes. I think Leon's vocals might benefit a little chorus/reverb to have better adhesion to the mix or even better Peter singing it in the background throughout, softer and louder in places to create natural chorus.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/29/21 06:07 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Love the groove! Great vocal and mix. As always excellent guitar playing.

Thanks Mario

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/29/21 06:08 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I agree with Mario, groove is perfect, just a great feel.

Nice processing on the vocal, Leon sounds great, and I like that low BGV in there, very effective.

Excellent playing as per usual, Peter, both the dobro and electrics.

Good song guys, listened a couple of times.

Appreciate the comments Dave.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/30/21 07:56 AM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter / Leon,

Sounds great! Lean & mean blues rock...

Great arrangement, mix and vocal. Everything about this works perfectly.

Bob

Thanks Bob

Peter
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/30/21 10:43 AM
Dobro and resonator. Cool choice and not easy to meld. Love the lyrics and vocal, Leon. You're right, Peter, bluesy roots, right down to the repeated lines, but you brought it to the better by your chord structure. Have to give it a 2nd listen cuz my typing got it the way of the 1st. Ok. I'm back. Man, that is a really groovy feel, and a good mix. Well done, Peter & Leon.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/30/21 09:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Peter and Leon,

I agree with the opinions above. The mix is ​​well done and the double voice lends itself well to it. It is pleasant and well arranged. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks for the comments.

Peter
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/30/21 10:24 PM
Nice mix and all around great song. I got one question, "Can I Come Too"!!
Posted By: bluage Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/31/21 02:38 AM
'PeterF'...

Underneath all the sweet, finger-lickin' good guitar syrup that's poured so lavishly over this production are some lyrics that pretty well expose the mental and physical anguish that accompanies the sudden, baffling, unexplained departure of a much-loved lover:

"Sleep is calling, but I can’t close my eyes..." Oh, dear! Losing sleep, are we? We're talking about the demons of guilt and insecurity and regret taking over your brain, not to mention looking so poorly because of it that people want to get into your business with unbearably prophetic statements like, "Jeez, man, ya' look like your girlfriend left you, or something."

"She’s out there somewhere, wonder who she’s with..." Ouch! This kind of gnawing, throbbing worry-worm can dig so deep into your emotions that it could drive a body to regrettable extremes of behavior.

This is a lyrically powerful song set to music that sounds so good that it washes away some of the despair bleeding out of those lyrics. A good trade-off, perhaps?
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/31/21 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter & Leon,

That one really sticks in your head!

Good live-band sound - just what this one needed. Dobro & guitar solos sound good. Vocals, too. Good mix.

And it is STILL running around my head! That's a good sign!!

Enjoyed.

fj

Thanks a lot floyd appreciate the comments.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 05/31/21 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved this tune. Loved your dobro. Very cool instrument. Super vocal Leon. Harmonies were excellent as well. Well done

Thanks Scott.

Peter
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/01/21 01:11 AM
Great groove I absolutely dug. Smoking track. Great work both of you.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/01/21 06:11 PM

As I so often say quoting Gregg, "everything is hittin' the note!"

Janice says the groove was wonderful for dancing around the kitchen. Bud says you gotta be shootin' at me to see any dancing but he finds the vibe and melody instantly engaging.

All the vocal and guitar performances are top notch. And that includes your Dobro.

And the sad but counterintuitively happy feel lyric was excellent. As was the mix.

Fun!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/01/21 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Peter & Leon
VERY nice! Your tunes serve as a reminder to me that good music does not have to be made with fancy beats or synths, but come from the heart. Excellent swinging vocals and those guitars... Great stuff! One of my favorite from you hands down. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. I am a dilettante when it comes to production. About half of the stuff I know I learned from folks here on the forum smile But I have a small suggestion as a average listener.. Leon's vocals are very pronounced. In most of your tunes it works great, however this tune is very.. how to say it right? - "open aire" and when Leon's vocals come in they are a bit sharp. When Peter is doing BGV it diffuses things, creating natural chorus like effect (which is awesome by the way!). As far as suggestion goes. I think Leon's vocals might benefit a little chorus/reverb to have better adhesion to the mix or even better Peter singing it in the background throughout, softer and louder in places to create natural chorus.

Thanks Misha and thanks for the vocal mix suggestions appreciated.

Peter
Posted By: Al-David Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/02/21 06:40 AM
Peter and Leon ...

That's some really cool listening! I particularly like the mix. I prefer the backing tracks to be a little more prominent than many folks do. But they drive this song perfectly and I'm glad you didn't tuck them too far in the back of the mix.

That's some sweet guitar playing and Leon sounds better than ever. Great lyric, too. I think you gentlemen hit every nail right on the head. This song lacks nothing - perhaps a larger audience. Really cool music!

Alan
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/02/21 01:39 PM
Great song. As others have said, ga-rooove!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/03/21 12:31 AM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Dobro and resonator. Cool choice and not easy to meld. Love the lyrics and vocal, Leon. You're right, Peter, bluesy roots, right down to the repeated lines, but you brought it to the better by your chord structure. Have to give it a 2nd listen cuz my typing got it the way of the 1st. Ok. I'm back. Man, that is a really groovy feel, and a good mix. Well done, Peter & Leon.

Thanks Marty appreciate the comments.

Peter
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/03/21 03:12 AM
Hi Peter and Leon,

first of all: great feel. Very nice backing tracks and cool vocals - solo and bgv,

Loved the guitar solos, Peter - well, I always do, actually.

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/03/21 09:21 AM
G'day Peter & Leon
Just had my forth listen . The mistake I made for the previous three listens was that I was rushed and short of time. No - This has to be a chilled, slow burn encounter to fully apprieciate all the subtle nuances on display . All the guitars (RT & Human) blend perfectly and have obviously been assembled by someone who knows his stuff . Great vocals and harmonies round out a fine little ditty that you guys have created.Very enjoyable,well done.

ps I couldn't avoid the - If you leave me ..................... smile
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/03/21 10:00 AM
Hi Peter and Leon,

Your song deserved a lot of compliments! It's a nice song with the effect of an earworm. But a nice worm!
I heard a lot of your songs. They all have one thing in common, no two things; the build up gives a (relative) basic feeling. Not much instruments and straight forward. The second thing are your distinctive voices, if you know what I mean with this. I find these very nice qualifications.

But..., I have read Misha's suggestion and I can understand what he is saying. But on the other had, given your style of music, it can be 'too much' to experiment with reverb. But I would certainly try it one time.

Till your next song,
Hans
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/03/21 07:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Nice mix and all around great song. I got one question, "Can I Come Too"!!

Thanks & of course you can!

Peter
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/03/21 07:32 PM
Great song. I enjoyed my listen but now I have to go and listen to someone else's song so I can get this one out of my head. wink
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/03/21 08:00 PM
Mesmerizing and memorable tune. It's got its hooks in me.

I like everything about this--the song, vocals, guitar, instrumentation. Nice work!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/03/21 10:29 PM
Great hook!

Nice guitar work.

Vocal sit nicely.

moto
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/03/21 10:30 PM

Very nice guys.

Has a real Dylan feel.

Excellent writing and performance. Love the slide.
Posted By: rayc Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/04/21 12:35 AM
The sound reminds me of this obscure Australian band...
https://youtu.be/I0k6qnkVqwU
Excellent sound and performances...the snare splitting across the stereo image was odd but effective.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/04/21 03:09 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
'PeterF'...

Underneath all the sweet, finger-lickin' good guitar syrup that's poured so lavishly over this production are some lyrics that pretty well expose the mental and physical anguish that accompanies the sudden, baffling, unexplained departure of a much-loved lover:

"Sleep is calling, but I can’t close my eyes..." Oh, dear! Losing sleep, are we? We're talking about the demons of guilt and insecurity and regret taking over your brain, not to mention looking so poorly because of it that people want to get into your business with unbearably prophetic statements like, "Jeez, man, ya' look like your girlfriend left you, or something."

"She’s out there somewhere, wonder who she’s with..." Ouch! This kind of gnawing, throbbing worry-worm can dig so deep into your emotions that it could drive a body to regrettable extremes of behavior.

This is a lyrically powerful song set to music that sounds so good that it washes away some of the despair bleeding out of those lyrics. A good trade-off, perhaps?

Thanks a lot Loren always love reading your reviews.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/04/21 03:10 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great groove I absolutely dug. Smoking track. Great work both of you.

Appreciate that thanks.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/05/21 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

As I so often say quoting Gregg, "everything is hittin' the note!"

Janice says the groove was wonderful for dancing around the kitchen. Bud says you gotta be shootin' at me to see any dancing but he finds the vibe and melody instantly engaging.

All the vocal and guitar performances are top notch. And that includes your Dobro.

And the sad but counterintuitively happy feel lyric was excellent. As was the mix.

Fun!

J&B

Thanks - look forward to seeing the kitchen dance one day!

We both appreciate the comments (and the jpg).

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/05/21 01:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Peter and Leon ...

That's some really cool listening! I particularly like the mix. I prefer the backing tracks to be a little more prominent than many folks do. But they drive this song perfectly and I'm glad you didn't tuck them too far in the back of the mix.

That's some sweet guitar playing and Leon sounds better than ever. Great lyric, too. I think you gentlemen hit every nail right on the head. This song lacks nothing - perhaps a larger audience. Really cool music!

Alan

Thanks Alan - appreciate the comments.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/05/21 01:08 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Great song. As others have said, ga-rooove!

Much appreciated.

Peter
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/05/21 04:32 PM
Sounds great. Excellent dobro playing. Cool bluesy number.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/07/21 01:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Peter and Leon,

first of all: great feel. Very nice backing tracks and cool vocals - solo and bgv,

Loved the guitar solos, Peter - well, I always do, actually.

Cheers,

Stefan

Thanks Stefan nice to see you back.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/07/21 01:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
G'day Peter & Leon
Just had my forth listen . The mistake I made for the previous three listens was that I was rushed and short of time. No - This has to be a chilled, slow burn encounter to fully apprieciate all the subtle nuances on display . All the guitars (RT & Human) blend perfectly and have obviously been assembled by someone who knows his stuff . Great vocals and harmonies round out a fine little ditty that you guys have created.Very enjoyable,well done.

ps I couldn't avoid the - If you leave me ..................... smile

Much appreciated.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/07/21 01:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Peter and Leon,

Your song deserved a lot of compliments! It's a nice song with the effect of an earworm. But a nice worm!
I heard a lot of your songs. They all have one thing in common, no two things; the build up gives a (relative) basic feeling. Not much instruments and straight forward. The second thing are your distinctive voices, if you know what I mean with this. I find these very nice qualifications.

But..., I have read Misha's suggestion and I can understand what he is saying. But on the other had, given your style of music, it can be 'too much' to experiment with reverb. But I would certainly try it one time.

Till your next song,
Hans

Thanks Hans

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/07/21 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Mesmerizing and memorable tune. It's got its hooks in me.

I like everything about this--the song, vocals, guitar, instrumentation. Nice work!

Thanks Scott.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Great song. I enjoyed my listen but now I have to go and listen to someone else's song so I can get this one out of my head. wink

Thanks appreciate the comments.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/07/21 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Great hook!

Nice guitar work.

Vocal sit nicely.

moto

Thanks.

peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/07/21 01:43 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
The sound reminds me of this obscure Australian band...
https://youtu.be/I0k6qnkVqwU
Excellent sound and performances...the snare splitting across the stereo image was odd but effective.

Ray - interesting band - played a bit of their album on Spotify.
Glad you liked the snare split (however it was accomplished).....

Peter

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Very nice guys.

Has a real Dylan feel.

Excellent writing and performance. Love the slide.

Thanks David always appreciate a Dylan reference.

Peter
Posted By: PeterF Re: Can I Come Too? - 06/07/21 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Sounds great. Excellent dobro playing. Cool bluesy number.

Thanks a lot.

Peter
© PG Music Forums