PG Music Home
Posted By: NigelSpiers Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/28/21 10:31 PM
Chuggin

Hi Folks,

This song was written after our band played at the famous Southern Blues Bar in Christchurch, New Zealand (unfortunately destroyed in the 2010 earthquake). A young woman was dancing very provocatively right in front of the stage.

Featuring a duet between Nigel Spiers and Jo Lincoln and the sublime playing of Guitar maestro Brian Harley.

Guitars - Brian Harley
Vocals & BV's - Nigel Spiers & Jo Lincoln
Bass - Simon Marks
Organ - Nigel Spiers
Drums - Shannon Forrest (BIAB Real Track).

Song - written, arranged, mixed and mastered by Nigel Spiers - Christchurch, New Zealand.

From the album "Old Dogs New Tricks" - Old Dogs New Tricks
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/28/21 11:55 PM
Nigel,
Fun tune! Great performance. Arranged played and sung exceptionally well. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/29/21 02:13 AM
Hi Misha,

Thanks for your generous comments.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: bluage Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/29/21 10:07 PM
This ought to get a crowd on their feet in a club, and I wouldn't rule out dancing on tables, either! High-powered performances from each musician kept my ears open throughout. Love the sassy, sexy verbal interplay between the male and female vocalists. Top-flight sound management, too. With music as professionally produced as this, I no longer think of New Zealand as a place not interesting enough to visit laugh.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/29/21 10:42 PM
Hi Bluage,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes you would have loved the "Southern Blues Bar". It never shut until the last patron was ready to go, live Blues bands 7 nights a week, Jam Night and lots of dancing on the tables. You are right - this song got the crowd on their feet.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: rayc Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/30/21 02:14 AM
Cool bar blues: the organ is a treat.
Of course NZ has always had classic rock n blues oozing across the Tasman to make Australia a happier place.
From the La De Das to Dragon, the Red Hot Peppers to Mother Goose pub rock needed NZ.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/30/21 03:36 AM
Hi Ray,

Thanks -yes we think we like to punch above our weight here in NZ.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Al-David Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/30/21 04:34 AM
Hi Nigel ...

Love it! Strong backing tracks to a super cool lyric! Some real sweet licks on the guitars and that organ pushes the entire composition to another level.

Sweet! Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/30/21 09:41 AM
Hi Alan,

Thanks for your encouragement - much appreciated.

Yes - I love organ as a rhythm and solo instrument which is why I have pushing PGMusic on the Wishlist forum for more Organ Real Tracks.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/30/21 10:34 AM
Oh, yeah. Wish you could see me dancin' with that provocative gal... Er, wait no I don't. The only thing we have in common is the uncontrollable desire to groove to this wonderful feely song. So well done. Right from the chuggin' guitar intro I knew we were in for a musical treat. Then when the bass came in I was on my feet. Thanks for the workout, Nigel.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/30/21 03:55 PM
Wow my kind of blues. What a cool groove. Loved the vocal and very provocative lyrics. Guitar was excellent Well done
Posted By: MarioD Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/30/21 06:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow my kind of blues. What a cool groove. Loved the vocal and very provocative lyrics. Guitar was excellent Well done

I am in complete agreement! Super chops man! Loved the groove and B3. Every fits like a glove!

"A young woman was dancing very provocatively right in front of the stage." That has happen to me also. I loved it. The wife well not so much!
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 05/30/21 06:53 PM
Hi Scott & Mario,

Thanks for your positive comments - much appreciated.

Mario - yes I reckon quite a few of us on this forum may have experienced the delights of a beautiful Woman giving us a wink and a nod while playing.

Tell us your stories.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/01/21 02:41 AM
Good bluesy tune with great vocal interplay and guitar. Nice work!
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/01/21 03:34 AM
Hi TuneMonger,

Thanks for your comments.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/02/21 08:54 PM
Oh those provocative dancing women, they'll get in your mind, won't they.

Nicely done by all.

Love it.

moto
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/02/21 08:54 PM
Oh those provocative dancing women, they'll get in your mind, won't they.

Nicely done by all.
Sounds like real music.

Love it.

moto
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/02/21 09:28 PM
Hi Moto,

Thanks for your encouragement - agreed.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/03/21 03:07 AM
Nigel,

that's my kind of music - very cool! Great backing track and absoloutely well-sung by both of you.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/03/21 08:45 AM
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the positive comments - yeah Jo is such a consummate professional - she's a joy to work with.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/03/21 08:58 AM
Hi Nigel,

That's a cool Blues duet rocker you made! You're sure it had nothing to do with that earthquake? It could have...
I can hear you must had a lot of fun recording / playing it.
Very nice indeed, can't keep my feet still!

Hans
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/03/21 10:25 AM
Hi Hans,

Thanks for your comments - yes Jo, Brian, Simon and I had had a heap of fun recording this song.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/08/21 03:26 AM
Hi Nigel,

This is a great listen! Really great. You sure pulled out all stops creating and assembling this one.

100% entertainment from beginning to end.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Chuggin (Blues Rock) - 06/08/21 09:14 PM
Hi Noel,

Thanks for your support - yeah we sure had a ball recording this track. I remember Brian did the Rhythm and Solo Guitar parts in just two takes having never heard the song before - genius!

Best Regards
Nigel
© PG Music Forums