PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 04:27 AM
You (Remix) - Featuring Di

Di and I wrote this back in 2011 for an opportunity. It got selected - made all of $600.00 for the license. It was originally created on a different music program. I redid the music in BIAB a couple of days ago and mixed in the vocal earlier today. The description of what the buyer wanted included "... mid-tempo Bossa Nova. Make it sweet and simple. Looking for a mid 1960s sound." The lyric is barely shy of cheesy, but it got the job done.

Although the music tracks were created in BIAB 2021, Di's vocal is the original recording from 2011. Her current health issues don't make it possible for her to sing at an acceptable quality. She rarely has the strength to sing a complete song. She says "Hi!" to everyone.

For the first time, I used Soundcloud's mastering option. I get either 3 or 4 (not sure which) songs mastered free every month with my upgraded plan. I was very pleasantly surprised with the improvement.

Been away from the site for quite a while. Life sometimes hijacks your premade plans. Will be over to catch up an few recent posts over the weekend. Will see some of you then.

You

© 2011 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Randall, BMI
(v1)
You, light up my stars at night
You, make everything so right
I don’t know what I’d do
If you ever went away

(v2)
You, lift my spirits high
You can always make me sigh
I pray to God each night
That you’ll always want to stay

CHORUS
If you ever said goodbye
I don’t know what I’d do
There would be nothing left
Of me without you

Instrumental Verse

(v3)
You, are the life of me
You set my spirit free
Without you I’d never be
The woman I’ve become

(v4)
You, you’ll never know how much
You can thrill me with your touch
It’s like magic when we kiss
When our hearts melt into one

Repeat Chorus

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Key=B Tempo 109, Length (m:s)=3:13

Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,

Style is _ARVORES.STY (Arvores Bossa Trio Rhythm Guitar)

RealTracks in style: ~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in song: ~925:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 710:Guitar, Nylon-Elec, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140 (B:energetic)
Loop in Song: Drums\BossaBrushesPerc^1-congas,perc
RealTracks in song: 704:Flute, Soloist Bossa Ev 140
RealDrums [in style:BossaBrushes: a: Sidestick Brushes b: Sidestick, Ride
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 10:03 AM
Hi Alan,

I love a good Bossa and this is a beauty!

Vocals - Great
Backing - Very nice
Song - Excellent
Lyrics - I like the different rhyming patterns in the verse and chorus.

You've inspired me to write a Bossa tune.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 10:25 AM
Hi Di!! This is great Alan & Di. What a gift of talent to be able to deliver such a treasure on demand. I, too, love the feel of bossa and you guys carry it out as easily as a palm tree played by a breeze. I'm swaying to my 2nd play and already know I'm gonna push play again as soon as it stops because I miss the sound that much. Thanks for taking the time to share it, Alan. Stay well.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 10:45 AM
David and Di, 'You' together have collectively delivered an extremely pleasant production.

There's lots to like about this. A perfect tempo, quality vocal, excellent selection of instrumentation.

The mix is superb. Yes, no question, a great production.
Posted By: Scott C Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 04:00 PM
Nice to hear Di signing. Lovely song. Alan. Well done
Posted By: MarioD Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 06:14 PM
WOW Di was a fantastic singer!

This is a winner for sure, super groove, great vocal, all in the perfect mix.

Al you did a fantastic job mixing and older vocal track with today's BiaB.
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 07:38 PM
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Alan,

I love a good Bossa and this is a beauty!

Vocals - Great
Backing - Very nice
Song - Excellent
Lyrics - I like the different rhyming patterns in the verse and chorus.

You've inspired me to write a Bossa tune.

Best Regards
Nigel

Hi Nigel ...

Many thanks for the very kind comments. Looking forward to hearing your Bossa! Glad you enjoyed it. Take care. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Hi Di!! This is great Alan & Di. What a gift of talent to be able to deliver such a treasure on demand. I, too, love the feel of bossa and you guys carry it out as easily as a palm tree played by a breeze. I'm swaying to my 2nd play and already know I'm gonna push play again as soon as it stops because I miss the sound that much. Thanks for taking the time to share it, Alan. Stay well.

Hey Marty ...

Great to hear from you. So happy you enjoyed the song. The next 4 or 5 songs I post will be spec songs ... written, of course, on demand. We've had pretty good success, over the past year or so, with licensing a few songs here and there. Can't live on it, but it's made a few car payments and bought a couple of steak dinners!

Sure do appreciate those multiple listens. Wishing you nothing but the very best.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
David and Di, 'You' together have collectively delivered an extremely pleasant production.

There's lots to like about this. A perfect tempo, quality vocal, excellent selection of instrumentation.

The mix is superb. Yes, no question, a great production.

VT ...

You are much too kind. But ... don't stop; we can take it! Very pleased you appreciate the various aspects of the song. Many thanks for letting us know. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 07:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Nice to hear Di signing. Lovely song. Alan. Well done

Thanks so much, Scott. The vocal was done about 10 years ago, but the BIAB tracks are fresh - a couple of days old. Thanks for the listen and very kind words. Wishing you everything good. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 07:50 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
WOW Di was a fantastic singer!

This is a winner for sure, super groove, great vocal, all in the perfect mix.

Al you did a fantastic job mixing and older vocal track with today's BiaB.

Hello Mario ...

So nice to hear from one of my very favorite upstate New Yorkers. Many thanks for the really nice comments. The most difficult part of integrating the vocal track with the new BIAB tracks was getting the timing as close to perfect as possible. It took a lot of repeats on the track alignment to get it done, but it all worked out okay. Thanks again! Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/30/21 10:36 PM
Reminds me of a time when I played bass in a 4 piece combo, and we played company parties and such as that, what a wonderful reminder, great song.
Posted By: bluage Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/31/21 02:05 AM
Hello, 'Al-David' & Ms. Di...

You really think the "lyric is barely shy of being cheesy" ??? Okay, then, show me where the 'cheesy' lyrics are, please. In that verse? In this one? Where?

Mr. David and Ms. Di, I don't hear anything but the sound of fresh, pure, exuberantly exposed, unapologetic words of eternally regenerative L-O-V-E floating on the wings of music from one giving heart and into the eternally grateful and accepting heart of another! Your selection of the ARVORES.STY Real Style was stunning in that its perfectly languid tempo combined with your flowing, subtle chordal progressions to throw the widest spectrum of romantic hues and shades over the song. In turn, Ms. Di obviously infused the essence of your lyrics into her soul of souls and responded to them with heartfelt emotion. The vibrato in her voice was as warm, as sweet, and as clear as birdsong in the morning.

I don't care how long ago this song was created. You and Ms. Di have graced this User's Forum with a timeless thing of beauty and a simple affirmation of the taste and feel and the touch of true love. Nothing "cheesy" about that!

Posted By: floyd jane Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/31/21 10:56 AM
Di & Alan...

Always good to see/hear you back this way again...

Beautiful vocal, Di!

Nice tracks.

"...barely shy of cheesy"... HA! that works for this - nicely!!

Good mix.

A pleasure to listen to. (needless to say...)

fj
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/31/21 12:37 PM
Way to go! Great to hear one of your songs again. Di has a lovely voice and great phrasing. Your audio production almost always sounds radio ready and professional quality.

Great to see you both back in the forum.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: You - Featuring Di - 05/31/21 09:27 PM
You hit the target on the mark with this song... spot on with the period genre.

I really enjoyed the composition, production, and performance.

Wonderfully done Al and Di!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/01/21 01:03 AM
That's a jazzy vibrato and a half on Di. I could listen to that for hours. Great work converting it to BIAB, I'm usually not successful with tasks like that. What a treasure the two of you are!
Posted By: rayc Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/01/21 01:42 AM
Great to hear from the pair of you.
Ace song and a wonderful vocal. the updated BIAB backing is really well arranged.
Clever fellow.
Well done all round.
Posted By: PeterF Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/01/21 02:46 AM
Alan & Di

Lovely song beautifully sung and "remixed".

A pleasure from start to finish.

Peter
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/01/21 03:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Reminds me of a time when I played bass in a 4 piece combo, and we played company parties and such as that, what a wonderful reminder, great song.

Hi Ronnie ...

Thank you so much! And yeah, I remember those days of playing live all the time.! I sure do miss them ... but my wife's health precludes me from being away from her more than a few hours at a time.

Glad you enjoyed the song ... thanks for letting us know! best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/01/21 07:10 AM
Hi Alan and Di,

Great to see you with a new post, Alan!

And especially nice to hear Di do her thing. Love her tone, and that really fast vibrato she has, very cool.

Great track, nice groove and well mixed.

Enjoyed!

All the best to the both of you.
Posted By: rsdean Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/01/21 10:31 AM
Alan,

Wow! Di is such an amazing singer.

This song showcases all of her best vocal qualities. Really outstanding stuff...

I think this is just great - love it.

Bob
Posted By: Birchwood Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/01/21 05:27 PM
Hi Alan,

That was a nice remix of that song. and what nice that I could hear Di singing.
In the past you wrote she sang, but i never heard it. Well, she really had/has a amazing voice.
And therefore this remix can be seen as a statue for her as well (I would say).

Google translate couldn't translate the 'cheesy' line, so I'm still searching on the internet for an explanation ;-)

I also have the opportunity to master my songs on Soundcloud (4 songs free per month). I tried some, but changed them for my own mastering.
Except for one song (Emily). I didn't like the result so much. But maybe that can change

Will you say 'Hi' to Di in return?
Hans
Posted By: musician17 Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/01/21 05:39 PM
This is absolutely incredible. No hyperbole. Blooming wow.

Your wife could really, really sing. Wow. What a voice. Nothing superfluous, every inflection that needs to be there is there. Superb.

Not much to say. I just sat back and enjoyed. Bravi, the two of you. Exactly what I needed tonight - once more, from you. Can't praise it enough.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/01/21 05:45 PM
Cheesy? No.

A nice love song? Yes

We love the entire band but the standouts are Di's vocal (obviously) and the flute.

She delivers the perfect vocal for the bossa groove and you mixed it to perfection.

A big ole fashioned, AWESOME!

J&B
Posted By: rayc Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/02/21 06:45 AM
I dropped by tonight for another listen...it's ACE!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/02/21 10:05 AM
Alan,
Glad to see you back!
A beauty. Love Bossa! Absolutely stunning vocals by Di. Some unusual and interesting key changes for the genre, which makes stand out. Arrangement and mix is pro level. Listens very well. Enjoyed it a lot. Thank you for sharing and best to you and Di.

Misha.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/02/21 01:56 PM
Al and Di, what a great song.

Before hearing your song, I would have said "I'm just sitting at my computer." Will listening to your song, I'm sorry, but ya can't help but move! What a great feel!

The instruments sound so real, I can't picture someone pushing a button to generate them. In fact, I had to go back and see if RealTracks had a flute, or if someone had played that for your recording. How cool is that?

Di-loved the vocal. It was absolutely perfect for this song! Big love to that! And..."hi" back to you! smile

Al-It may have taken a little finessing, but I know you know this, many songs you have to do something wink. I think it's so cool you you had the skills to be able to work with it like you did.

I thought the mastering sound good too. Loves me that bass! For this style, it HAS to be represented. And it was!

All the way around a really fun listen that honored the genre so well.

Thanks for the late morning workout! smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/02/21 07:25 PM

This sounds great you two!

smile
Posted By: Leon1 Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 12:04 AM
A lovely bossa nova, Alan. And an enchanting vocal by Di. All the best to you both.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Crossroads Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 02:43 AM
Dear Di, dear Alan,

what a most touching idea... it's so beautiful !!!

What a nice song - love those chord progressions in the chorus part. Very well re-built, Alan - nobody could ever imagine that this wasn't the original version.

Di, your voice is absolutely gorgeous and your phrasing is second to none - just sublime.

I would like to hear more of your 'old stuff' - it's been such a treat to listen to.

What a crying shame, what an immense loss, dear Di, that your health issues prevent you from singing these days.

Please stay safe and take good care of each other,

Stefan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 03:07 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Hello, 'Al-David' & Ms. Di...

You really think the "lyric is barely shy of being cheesy" ??? Okay, then, show me where the 'cheesy' lyrics are, please. In that verse? In this one? Where?

Mr. David and Ms. Di, I don't hear anything but the sound of fresh, pure, exuberantly exposed, unapologetic words of eternally regenerative L-O-V-E floating on the wings of music from one giving heart and into the eternally grateful and accepting heart of another! Your selection of the ARVORES.STY Real Style was stunning in that its perfectly languid tempo combined with your flowing, subtle chordal progressions to throw the widest spectrum of romantic hues and shades over the song. In turn, Ms. Di obviously infused the essence of your lyrics into her soul of souls and responded to them with heartfelt emotion. The vibrato in her voice was as warm, as sweet, and as clear as birdsong in the morning.

I don't care how long ago this song was created. You and Ms. Di have graced this User's Forum with a timeless thing of beauty and a simple affirmation of the taste and feel and the touch of true love. Nothing "cheesy" about that!

Hi Loren ...

So, how does one reply to such a wonderful review? I'm not sure, but I hope a very sincere "Thank you" is sufficient. I always love the poet charisma of your reviews! Agtain, thank you very, very much! Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 03:09 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Di & Alan...

Always good to see/hear you back this way again...

Beautiful vocal, Di!

Nice tracks.

"...barely shy of cheesy"... HA! that works for this - nicely!!

Good mix.

A pleasure to listen to. (needless to say...)

fj

HI Floyd ...

It's always great to get your take on our music. We're delighted you found the song "a pleasure to listen to." That puts a new feather in our collective hats. Thank you so much for the kindness.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 03:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Way to go! Great to hear one of your songs again. Di has a lovely voice and great phrasing. Your audio production almost always sounds radio ready and professional quality.

Great to see you both back in the forum.

Hi Jim ...

It's really great to see you more often on the forums. You always have great insights and so willing to share them. Di has always had an innate ability to "feel" fabulous phrasing in her vocals. She calls it her "freestyle singing". Thank you for mentioning that. And I so appreciate your encouraging comments regarding the mix quality. I usually have no idea what I'm doing, when it comes to mixing. I simply let my ears guide me. I can't offer any technical explanations ... if it sounds right to me, I'm good with it. That's about all I can tell you in reference to my mixing "skills". I think we can sometimes overthink some things, let product instructions guide us to a different path we might have otherwise chosen, and let "trends" direct our choices. I prefer to let my ears lead the way through trial and error added to past experiences.

Again, many thanks. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 03:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
You hit the target on the mark with this song... spot on with the period genre.

I really enjoyed the composition, production, and performance.

Wonderfully done Al and Di!

Hi Ez ...

We sure do appreciate all those kind words. Thewy made us smile - real big! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 03:24 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
That's a jazzy vibrato and a half on Di. I could listen to that for hours. Great work converting it to BIAB, I'm usually not successful with tasks like that. What a treasure the two of you are!

Hello TM ...

Very nice to hear from. Di's vibrato is natural. I seriously doubt she could eliminate it if she tried. I, also, find it very pleasant to the ear. I only wish my vocal ability were but half of hers.

The conversion to BIAB treatment wasn't that hard. Just took 3 or 4 hours. I have an app that will give me the bpm in a matter of 30 seconds or less. It saved me a lot of time. BIAB doesn't support some of the chords I used in the original but I got it close enough. I use Maj 6th chords a lot, which BIAB does not support. the 6-9 chords are close but don't have the same listening characteristics. But, it was close enough in this instance.

Thank you for your very kind words. Wishing you the best ...

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 03:27 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Great to hear from the pair of you.
Ace song and a wonderful vocal. the updated BIAB backing is really well arranged.
Clever fellow.
Well done all round.

Ray ...

Many thanks for your time to listen and the subsequent words of encouragement. We appreciate them very much. The "flavor" of the song is slightly different than the original but the BIAB options, nonetheless, came through for us and we were happy with the results.

Again, thanks so much. Take care ...

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 03:28 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Alan & Di

Lovely song beautifully sung and "remixed".

A pleasure from start to finish.

Peter

Peter ...

Thanks a bunch. We delighted you enjoyed the song. We appreciate you letting us know. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/03/21 05:52 AM
Di and Alan.
Now that I know a little of your recent trials and tribulations , hearing Di's beautiful vocals is extra special. The Bossa is perfect for a all around feel-good vibe. Loved this.
cheers
Gary.
Posted By: ROG Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/04/21 07:16 PM
Hi Alan and Di,

What a very special treat to hear Di's fabulous voice again. So much life and expression, but always fully controlled. Beautiful.

Great song - smooth and extremely professional throughout.

The whole thing is SO well crafted, from Di's wonderful vocal delivery to the perfect bossa backing and the excellent mix.

Loved the entire experience.

All the best to you both and be sure to tell Di how much I love her voice and wish her the best with her health.

Regards,
ROG
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/04/21 08:54 PM
Man, that sounds great!
Di's vocals are sweet as an be.
Give her my best.

This is a wonderful song.
You done good!

moto
Posted By: Derochette Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/05/21 11:18 AM
Hi Alain & Di,

I'm not a specialist in this style but it's very pleasant and Di's lovely voice lends itself wonderfully to the lyrics. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:39 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Alan and Di,

Great to see you with a new post, Alan!

And especially nice to hear Di do her thing. Love her tone, and that really fast vibrato she has, very cool.

Great track, nice groove and well mixed.

Enjoyed!

All the best to the both of you.

Hi DFave ...

Well, thank you so much! Di enjoyed reading your comments - as did I. It put a smile on her face! Thanks for all the great words. We appreciate it!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:40 AM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Alan,

Wow! Di is such an amazing singer.

This song showcases all of her best vocal qualities. Really outstanding stuff...

I think this is just great - love it.

Bob

HI Bob ...

You are much too kind! We certainly appreciate such encouraging comments. Di is very sad she can no longer sing as she once did. Again, many thanks ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Alan,

That was a nice remix of that song. and what nice that I could hear Di singing.
In the past you wrote she sang, but i never heard it. Well, she really had/has a amazing voice.
And therefore this remix can be seen as a statue for her as well (I would say).

Google translate couldn't translate the 'cheesy' line, so I'm still searching on the internet for an explanation ;-)

I also have the opportunity to master my songs on Soundcloud (4 songs free per month). I tried some, but changed them for my own mastering.
Except for one song (Emily). I didn't like the result so much. But maybe that can change

Will you say 'Hi' to Di in return?
Hans

Han ...

Nice of you to drop in for a listen. DI and I were thrilled to read your comments. That was very nice of you.

The word "cheesy" is an American slang term for something that is a bit hokey. Kind of silly and not done with any amount of sophistication.

Again, thank you for the kind comments.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:46 AM
Originally Posted By: musician17
This is absolutely incredible. No hyperbole. Blooming wow.

Your wife could really, really sing. Wow. What a voice. Nothing superfluous, every inflection that needs to be there is there. Superb.

Not much to say. I just sat back and enjoyed. Bravi, the two of you. Exactly what I needed tonight - once more, from you. Can't praise it enough.

Hello James ...

I always look forward to your encouraging comments. And, as always, you put a smile on my face. Di's face, too! And yes, her voice is pure gold, in my estimation - trying not to be too biased. Many thanks, my friend!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Cheesy? No.

A nice love song? Yes

We love the entire band but the standouts are Di's vocal (obviously) and the flute.

She delivers the perfect vocal for the bossa groove and you mixed it to perfection.

A big ole fashioned, AWESOME!

J&B

HI Janice & Bud ...

Those very kind words warmed our hearts. AT first, I wasn't extremely happy with the flute - refreshed it countless times. But, the more I listened this particular rendition, the more I liked it.

Your kindness and generosity with alwats touch us in a good way. Thank you so much.

ALan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:50 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
I dropped by tonight for another listen...it's ACE!

Ray ...

And what an "ACE!" review. Many sincere thanks!!!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Alan,
Glad to see you back!
A beauty. Love Bossa! Absolutely stunning vocals by Di. Some unusual and interesting key changes for the genre, which makes stand out. Arrangement and mix is pro level. Listens very well. Enjoyed it a lot. Thank you for sharing and best to you and Di.

Misha.

HI Misha ...

Di and I were thrilled to read your comments. She, as do I, thank you for the very, very nice words!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:54 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Al and Di, what a great song.

Before hearing your song, I would have said "I'm just sitting at my computer." Will listening to your song, I'm sorry, but ya can't help but move! What a great feel!

The instruments sound so real, I can't picture someone pushing a button to generate them. In fact, I had to go back and see if RealTracks had a flute, or if someone had played that for your recording. How cool is that?

Di-loved the vocal. It was absolutely perfect for this song! Big love to that! And..."hi" back to you! smile

Al-It may have taken a little finessing, but I know you know this, many songs you have to do something wink. I think it's so cool you you had the skills to be able to work with it like you did.

I thought the mastering sound good too. Loves me that bass! For this style, it HAS to be represented. And it was!

All the way around a really fun listen that honored the genre so well.

Thanks for the late morning workout! smile

Hi Aaron ...

Well, we're not sure how to reply to such glowing comments! You're a knowledgeable music artisan and your words strike a good place in our hearts. You are much too kind. But we sure do appreciate it!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:56 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This sounds great you two!

smile

Thank you so much, David! We both admire your creativity and musical knowledge; thus such kindness from you puts another feather in out hat. Thank you so much!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 01:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
A lovely bossa nova, Alan. And an enchanting vocal by Di. All the best to you both.
Regards,
Leon

Leon ...

Thank you so much. We're delighted you enjoyed your listen. Thanks for letting us know!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 02:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Dear Di, dear Alan,

what a most touching idea... it's so beautiful !!!

What a nice song - love those chord progressions in the chorus part. Very well re-built, Alan - nobody could ever imagine that this wasn't the original version.

Di, your voice is absolutely gorgeous and your phrasing is second to none - just sublime.

I would like to hear more of your 'old stuff' - it's been such a treat to listen to.

What a crying shame, what an immense loss, dear Di, that your health issues prevent you from singing these days.

Please stay safe and take good care of each other,

Stefan

Stefan

Because of the friendship Di and I have enjoyed with you and Maha, we always look forward with anticipation for your thoughts and comments. And you are so very nice with your words! Redoing this with BIAB wasn't as difficult as I thought would be. It took me about 8 - 10 hours from beginning to finished and posted. It's a little different from the original, but we like it even more.

We hope you and Maha are doping well. We know she is facing some serious issues and how it affects you. We think of you guys every day. And you, too - take care of each other.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 02:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
Di and Alan.
Now that I know a little of your recent trials and tribulations , hearing Di's beautiful vocals is extra special. The Bossa is perfect for a all around feel-good vibe. Loved this.
cheers
Gary.

HI Gary ...

Many thanks for those really nice words. I know you and your wife have faced simialr situations. We hope all is well at this time. Best to both of you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 02:08 AM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Alan and Di,

What a very special treat to hear Di's fabulous voice again. So much life and expression, but always fully controlled. Beautiful.

Great song - smooth and extremely professional throughout.

The whole thing is SO well crafted, from Di's wonderful vocal delivery to the perfect bossa backing and the excellent mix.

Loved the entire experience.

All the best to you both and be sure to tell Di how much I love her voice and wish her the best with her health.

Regards,
ROG

Hi ROG ...

Thank you for the really nice comments on the song and the well wishes for Di. We appreciate both very much.

Di has a distinctive delivery in her vocal style. I agree that the quality of her voice is excellent. But she has a unique approach to phrasing and lyric interpretation. As she says, she has a "freestyle" approach to musical interpretation. She generally a shy, quiet person ... until you put her in front of a microphone. The she just lets her voice take control.

Thank you!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 02:09 AM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Man, that sounds great!
Di's vocals are sweet as an be.
Give her my best.

This is a wonderful song.
You done good!

moto

Howdy, Capn ...

We truly appreciate your brief but very kind comments. Sometimes, a few words can say a lot. We thank you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 02:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Alain & Di,

I'm not a specialist in this style but it's very pleasant and Di's lovely voice lends itself wonderfully to the lyrics. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Hi Dero ...

Di and I thank you very much for those very nice words. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Deej56 Re: You - Featuring Di - 06/06/21 03:25 PM
Al-David and Di:

I’m a little late to the party on this one, but glad I made it here. What a wonderful tune! Love that flute solo. And Di’s vocal is so, so stellar—sits so sweetly in the mix; just lovely. I’m amazed at your ability to redo the music in BIAB and pair it up with an earlier recording—that takes a lot of talent (and would be a near impossible task for me). Very impressive work here and no surprise the original got accepted.

My best to you both,

Deej
© PG Music Forums