PG Music Home
Posted By: rcarver Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 12:53 AM
https://soundcloud.com/randycarver/out-of-gas

100% Band In A Box

RealTracks in style: ~579:Bass, Electric, Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 3163:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm BluesyPopSteady8thsBrent Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 3351:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm SwampyBluesBrent Ev 095
RealTracks in song: 3363:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BritClassicRockGrittyWah Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 3352:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Soloist SwampyBluesTalkBoxBrent Ev 095
RealTracks in song: 3210:Harmonica, Soloist BluesyRockFieryLD Ev 100
RealDrums [in style:BluesRockSlowEv^4-a:Snare , b:Snare, HiHat
Posted By: Al-David Re: Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 01:18 AM
Love the strong drive of this. That chord progression on the chorus is really cool ... as well as the tempo change. And then it came back in full force. A real nice selection of RTs. Very nice done and a super listen. Nice work!

Alan
Posted By: rcarver Re: Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 01:24 AM
Thanks Alan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 05:42 AM
rcarver,

if this is what you put together after you have run out of gas, I'd really like to know what your songs sound like once you got a tiger in your tank...

Awesome - love it from A-Z, but that slowing down and sneaking into the harp solo is really smart.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 08:51 AM
Hi Randall,

Top notch production all round.

I couldn't believe you made the 3210 Harmonica work in a song - but you did and it works well,

I particularly liked how you slowed this section down and then returned to the main beat.

Mix - great.

Well done.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: dani48 Re: Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 09:10 AM

Hi, Randall !

What a super tune !
Very much enjoyed my listen !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 09:13 AM
A creditable amount of ingenuity on display here. You seem to have made an ostensibly gasless track run remarkably well on the proverbial "smell of an oily rag." Great use of tempo to shift gears. I like it.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 11:21 AM
Excellent production. Great write. Wow, exciting dynamics. Cool tempo change that bounces back with the harmonica. Really fine direction; those BiaB folks sound like they were there when you wrote it. Love those baritones.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 01:16 PM
Cool!
Makes you wanna hang in there to hear what's coming around the corner.

Well done.

moto
Posted By: rcarver Re: Out Of Gas (Instrumental) - 06/06/21 01:55 PM
Thanks to everybody for your kind words.
© PG Music Forums