PG Music Home
Posted By: Angelomusic Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/07/21 04:21 AM
Hi all,

This is the 2nd version of "Mother" that I play live using a new guitar, a fender Mustang 1966.

This is a jazz fusion guitar instrumental, in 3/4

Hope you will like it!

Voices at the start : Spitfire Labs Choir
Style used with BIAB : ARACELISTY ; LONER
https://youtu.be/9Xot0Sb2gOE
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/07/21 05:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Angelomusic
Hi all,

This is the 2nd version of "Mother" that I play live using a new guitar, a fender Mustang 1966.

This is a jazz fusion guitar instrumental, in 3/4

Hope you will like it!

Voices at the start : Spitfire Labs Choir
Style used with BIAB : ARACELISTY ; LONER
https://youtu.be/9Xot0Sb2gOE

Angelo, that's very cool, too! So well-played and I love the sound of your axe.
BTW: Can't recognize what kind / model of a guitar that is - I'd really like to know...

Stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/07/21 06:03 AM
Thank you so much Stefan for your kind words!
My father's guitar is a Fender Mustang 1966. Believe it or not but I play on that tune with the original strings!
This guitare is a rare gem I believe, was not as popular as the Strat or Tele.
Thanks again!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/07/21 10:31 AM
My father's guitar is a Fender Mustang 1966. Believe it or not but I play on that tune with the original strings!
Thanks again!

Angelo,

... a Fender Mustang - I could have known because I had the opportunity to play on one once in the sixties. But while vintage guitars get more precious over the years, vintage brains just ... forget it.

But that' really a great axe that you've got, yessiree

About 1966 I bought a Fender Esquire which was - compared to a then unaffordable Strat - cheap. A couple of years later I had to have a black and white Strat (like J. Hendrix played one then) and delivered the Esquire in part payment. That was one of my very big mistakes: The Strat was one of the first CBS models and it was a desaster on all levels. And do you know what people pay for an Esquire these days? Crazy...

But no whining: I own a 1977 Les Paul Custom, a Jeff Beck Signature Strat and - funny - a Mexican Fat Strat with a Floyd Rose tremolo. Altogether more than enough for an old fart who only picks up a guitar when he needs a solo for a new song cool

Thanks for the info and stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/07/21 11:45 AM
Angelo, a great dedication.

What a fantastic tribute. You certainly made the axe sing.

No doubt you would be pleased with both your presentation and dedication.

Excellent, really excellent.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/07/21 09:52 PM
Hi Angelo, great guitar playing. Nice tune.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/08/21 11:23 PM
Lovely song and absolutely awesome playing. Excellent tone. Well done
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/09/21 07:00 AM
Great playing, nice mix of melody and energy.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/09/21 02:43 PM
Hi Angelo really nice phrasing and love the tone on your new guitar are you going through and amp or direct just wondering thanks Eric
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/09/21 06:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Thanks again!

Angelo,

... a Fender Mustang - I could have known because I had the opportunity to play on one once in the sixties. But while vintage guitars get more precious over the years, vintage brains just ... forget it.

But that' really a great axe that you've got, yessiree

About 1966 I bought a Fender Esquire which was - compared to a then unaffordable Strat - cheap. A couple of years later I had to have a black and white Strat (like J. Hendrix played one then) and delivered the Esquire in part payment. That was one of my very big mistakes: The Strat was one of the first CBS models and it was a desaster on all levels. And do you know what people pay for an Esquire these days? Crazy...

But no whining: I own a 1977 Les Paul Custom, a Jeff Beck Signature Strat and - funny - a Mexican Fat Strat with a Floyd Rose tremolo. Altogether more than enough for an old fart who only picks up a guitar when he needs a solo for a new song cool

Thanks for the info and stay safe,

Stefan

Thanks Stefan! This is my 1st Fender which as you know belonged to my father. Played Ibanez before. Well, I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised by the sound of the Fender! I'm a fan now! The only downside is that the tremolo is quite useless because there is nothing preventing the strings to get untuned so after a couple of whammy bar uses you have to tune the strings again.
As far as I can read your message you have quite a nice collection of guitars!
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/09/21 06:19 PM
CubanPete, Videotrack, Tunemonger, Scott C, thank you all for your support and warm words which really touch me!
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/09/21 06:21 PM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi Angelo really nice phrasing and love the tone on your new guitar are you going through and amp or direct just wondering thanks Eric

Hi! Thanks for your comment!
I plug my guitar on a Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen connected to my laptop.
For the guitar sound I use THU-FULL plugin which is awesome, so versatile and full of possibilities.
I play with THU-FULL directly into my Daw (Reaper) which is what I used to mix using Ozone 9.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Mother - live - (jazz fusion guitar) - 06/09/21 08:44 PM
Some fancy fret work there!
Mustang sounds good.

Nicely done.

moto
© PG Music Forums