PG Music Home
Posted By: Elliott Kayne ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/08/21 11:01 AM
** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door **

Keep the World Outside our Bedroom Door

I used various mix of Band in Box; Drums, Bass, and live Guitars; Lead, Rock Power Chords. I wanted a stadium rock feel.

Let me know what you think.

REVERB NATION
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic/song/32693110-bedroom-door

SOUNDCLOUD
https://soundcloud.com/ekayne/bedroom-door
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/08/21 07:40 PM
I enjoyed this, nicely done.
Great use of the band.
Rob4580
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/08/21 08:38 PM
Interesting creation.

A nice rock feel.
I like the message in the lyrics.....well delivered.

moto
Posted By: David Snyder Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/08/21 09:50 PM

Sounds really great Elliot.
Posted By: Buttrey Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/08/21 10:55 PM
This is great. Can you please give us some details about which style and tracks (etc.) you used? Thanks in advance. Very nicely done.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/09/21 06:46 AM
This has a great live feel. Love how the drums hit in the first part, how'd you do that? The song and the singing are both very good. The vocal might need a little mix magic to sit better. I could be wrong about that. Overall, it was quite impressive!
I really like the build up with the drums and guitar. Great melody as well.
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/09/21 01:57 PM
Thanks for listening and I appreciate your comments, compliments and feedback.

Here's the BIAB Tracks used:
****** Song Summary *************
Title: bedroom door
File:bedroom door2.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 110, Length (m:s)=3:53
No intro. 103 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 103. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 1592 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _SHINING.STY (Praise & Worship Pop Shining)

RealTracks in song: 1254:Bass, Electric, PopShiningSync Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1257:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRock8ths Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1256:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningGritty Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 693:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120 (B:eighths)
RealDrums [in Song:RockHardModernEv8^2-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat

Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/09/21 02:06 PM
This song has come a long way from the BIAB tracks.
DRUMS:
Besides the BIAB drum parts I used EZ DRUMMER for the opening drum hits, to get that big 70's stadium sound. I manually played via midi keyboard added ride cymbals at various points throughout the song.

GUITARS
I use REASON as my DAW and it has A-List Electric Guitarist plug-in for some of the chucking guitars and power chords. I also added me playing LIVE Guitar PRS 513 and Boss ME-80 direct. I am also playing Lead Guitars with Strat / ME-80 direct. I sweetened the Lead Guitar lines with Midi Strings playing the same lines so it sounds bigger.

PIANO
I am playing Midi Keys. All midi parts are bounced down to Audio in my DAW (Reason) to save CPU and allow editing, and audio effects.
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/09/21 02:07 PM
I remixed based on your suggestions... thanks
Posted By: rayc Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/09/21 07:47 PM
A mix of Bon Jovi & Terry Jacks with a country narrative.
The tail on the intro drum reverb on the left was REALLLY long.
With the reverb etc there's some de-essing to be done.
Love the drums and the guitars.

Good vocals. Keyboard solo fits nicely.

Big 80s rock sound.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/10/21 09:09 AM
Hi Elliott,

I can adjust with most of the comments; a good song with a nice build up and cool drum intro.
And the vocals sounded very good. Maybe you could bring in a little more emotion further on in the song? (although, behind the bedroom doors there is a lot of emotion going on, I presume).

But I enjoyed listening,
Hans
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/10/21 09:33 AM
What a great build to this passionate rocker, Elliott. Excellent vocal, and the band is perfect. Thanks for sharing the details. Man, those drums are the perfect addition.
Posted By: Scott C Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/11/21 08:27 PM
Excellent production on this tune Elliot. Super vocal and backtrack. Well done
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/14/21 09:03 PM
Very cool song!! Love the build and the payoff!! Your vocal is so well recorded and processed!!!.....sounds completely pro to me!! Well done all around!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/14/21 09:23 PM
What a great intro and climax. Your dynamics were fantastic. Outstanding vocal and lyrics that were mixed perfectly.
This sounds pro and is ready for air time IMHO.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 06/14/21 10:44 PM
Hi Elliott,

What a great song - I loved the whole lot.

What's going on here - 3 good songs in one day!

What I really like is all the different sections of the song and tremendous light and shade. A lot of the songs on this forum have a good idea but they tend to be one trick ponies. I am also guilty in this in some of my songs.

In particular:
Opening - dramatic and tremendous energy.
Verses starting at 48 seconds - great change of pace.
Refrain at 2:06 - perfect
Second refrain at 3:06 - even better.
Back to the verses at 3:22 - this is how to end a song.

Vocals - I liked your talking/singing style - perfect for this song. A couple of notes in the first half of the song at ends of phrases are a touch peaky. But I think you can easily fix these with a few cut and pastes from later in the song. It is worth it for such a good song.

Let's hear more.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/22/22 01:57 PM
New Remix:
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic/song/32693110-bedroom-door

Thanks
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/22/22 03:22 PM
Great song Elliott! I thought it was some really good writing, and I loved your arrangements. As others have mentioned the intro was great, I sure liked how you brought the piano in, and the music break was fantastic too!
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/22/22 03:33 PM
Great job indeed. A big rock sound with lots of dynamics.
+1
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/22/22 08:19 PM
Elliott,

This is a great production! You've created a really full sounding track! I really feel you accomplished what you set out to do in creating the rock sound you wanted! Lovely breakdown toward the end! Nice work!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: vicarn Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/23/22 05:37 AM
Nice one Elliot.
Great build to the chorus and intro to the bridge.
Great mix and dynamics.

Vic
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/23/22 06:43 AM
I like the song and the production as a whole.
What distracts me a bit is that your vocals are slightly to the right and not centered...is there a particular reason for that?
When I switch your song to mono your (centered) voice sounds much stronger.
Posted By: RnAM Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/23/22 12:57 PM
You definitely succeeded in giving the arrangement a stadium feel.

Particularly the drums sound very professional and powerful, I must say.

Everything is also very well balanced.

I agree with TuneMonger though that you might want to add some FX ambiance to your vocal to give it an even more "live" feeling.

Rob
Posted By: Al-David Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/24/22 12:38 AM
Hi Elliot ...

This is a B-I-G sound! Every place in the soundscape has just enough without them, collectively being too much.

Super mix. Your vocal really shines - wish I had a voice like that! The variety and different directions in the various parts keeps it fresh from beginning to end. And yeah ... you definitely got the stadium feel just right.

Really pro all the way. Loved it!

Alan
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/24/22 12:18 PM
Hello Elliott
Very cool song
Sounds very good
The chorus is absolutely top
Great sung
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/27/22 07:22 PM
Nicely done!!! Cool vibe, nice vocals, and a great sound!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: dcuny Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 08/27/22 07:46 PM
I didn't hear the first version, so I can't speak to the differences.

But sonically... what a treat, especially the stereo spread. laugh
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: ** New Rock Song - Bedroom Door ** - 09/06/22 06:07 PM
D-Y-N-A-M-I-C-S ! Great audio here man, you understand the power of dynamics and have crafted it well. Good song too. I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for posting.

Rick
© PG Music Forums