PG Music Home
Posted By: NigelSpiers Ooh Ya Ya (Jazzy R&B) - 06/15/21 01:41 AM
Ooh Ya Ya

Hi Folks,

This song was inspired by my first visit to New Orleans. After a night of street Jazz we found a hole in the wall diner. The dish of the day was "Ooh Ya Ya". We asked the waitress what Ooh Ya Ya was and she just winked and said "all the boys want my Ooh Ya Ya".

This is a duet with Susan De Jong and myself and also features the wonderful sax of Carmel Courtney.

All backing instruments are custom designed Midi tracks.

From the album "US Odyssey"

Music and Lyrics by Nigel Spiers. Mastering by Ian mcallister.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Ooh Ya Ya (Jazzy R&B) - 06/15/21 09:27 AM
Haha, I know that waitress. Another gem, Nigel. Well-written, and those vocals are at the top of their class. The sax is perfect. New Orleans is a very inspirational piece of the planet, and you were struck with a hot case of the taste, man.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Ooh Ya Ya (Jazzy R&B) - 06/15/21 10:46 AM
Hi guys,

very cool ! Great vocals and that sax solo ist so funny...

Absolutely ace.

Stefan
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Ooh Ya Ya (Jazzy R&B) - 06/15/21 01:09 PM
So cool, you used that inspiration to cook up a tasty musical dish.

Well done

moto
Posted By: PeterF Re: Ooh Ya Ya (Jazzy R&B) - 06/15/21 07:33 PM
Nigel
Very entertaining song and beautifully sung. Fun set of lyrics.

Just curious are the custom designed midi tracks Band in a Box midi files (do you recall what ones) - if so what what process did you use to design them?

Peter
Posted By: MarioD Re: Ooh Ya Ya (Jazzy R&B) - 06/15/21 07:46 PM
Love the groove, vocals, lyrics, and that sax lead. The mix is spot on.

A real toe tapper!

Loved it.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Ooh Ya Ya (Jazzy R&B) - 06/15/21 09:21 PM
Hi Peter,

Unfortunately - it was a long time ago I did the original writing and recording of the backing tracks and did not take any notes. I seem to remember using some Bob Notes Norton Midi tracks as the basis and then did a lot of editing in BIAB and my DAW.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Ooh Ya Ya (Jazzy R&B) - 06/15/21 10:38 PM
Oh Nigel, terrific tune. It's a shame you don't remember the particulars as far as what tracks, style and whatnot you used on this one. It is always a help to everyone in this forum to know this things.
Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Ooh Ya Ya (Jazzy R&B) - 06/16/21 07:59 PM
Hi Mario,

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Yeah it certainly pays to have a mastering engineer give final mixes that professional touch. In this case he asked for separate stems for each vocalist, band and soloist.

Best Regards
Nigel
© PG Music Forums