PG Music Home
Posted By: NigelSpiers You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/20/21 10:45 PM
You Don't Love me

Hi Folks,

Here's an old fashioned tear jerker (and who doesn't need one every now and then?). Sung by the masterful Susan de Jong and Sax from the remarkable Carmel Courtney.

Other Instruments are User Style MIDI tracks except the Drums which are a Band In A Box 12/8 Real Track.

Music, Lyrics and production by Nigel Spiers.
Mastered by Ian mcallister
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/21/21 01:02 PM
Nice work. Great recording. So clear. Wonderful vocals. Sax was outstanding. Drummer was good too.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/22/21 09:20 AM
Great group on a great song. Outstanding vocal and write. Man, that sax is dripping the perfect notes --not showy, but showing perfect taste for the song.
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/22/21 01:56 PM
Fantastic song. Reminds me of my past time of playing in a band. I agree with the others the sax is perfect!! You don't hear songs fade out like that anymore, they usually have an ending. Great Job!!
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/22/21 08:58 PM
Hi jptjptjpt,

Thanks for your comments. Yes it's an absolute joy writing songs for such talented musicians as Susan and Carmel.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Crossroads Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/23/21 09:35 AM
Susan and Nigel,

that's just awesome. It sounds so authentic... Susan's vocal is perfect and I do like that Stan Getz-like sax solo. Brilliant.

Stefan
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/23/21 11:59 AM
Perfect backing for Susan's delivery.

Great mix, great Sax delivery. Pretty good from every direction, actually.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/23/21 09:16 PM
Love these kind of retro tracks........reminder of a great era!!! Really well done all around!! Take care. Greg
This song really has that classic feel to it. I think the "classic tear jerker" in the description is the perfect way to explain the vibes of this song. You did a really great job! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/24/21 12:11 AM
Hi Marty & Ronnie,

Thanks for your wonderful comments.

Yes the fade-out is a classic R&B ending and normally only possible where songs have an outro with repeated last line.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/25/21 07:32 AM
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your comments.

This was the first of many songs I wrote for Susan and Carmel. I distinctly remember when they had recorded their parts in my studio staying up all night and playing and replaying their takes with a stupid grin on my face (according to my wife).

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/25/21 02:13 PM
Hi Nigel,

Old fashioned tear jerker works for me smile Man, Susan can sing! Great job on the sax too, love his tone!

Good song, enjoyed.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: You Don't Love Me - (Jazzy Blues) - 06/27/21 09:21 AM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the positive comments - I will pass them on to Susan & Carmel.

Best Regards
Nigel
© PG Music Forums