PG Music Home
Posted By: camog "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/21/21 08:51 AM
Original Tune - basic backing in BB 2020 Mac, I added piano, el guitar & swells, strings on the keys, nylon guitar, ac guitar.

https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/world-on-the-rack-instrumental

Carl
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/21/21 10:57 AM
Carl,

You've created a mesmerizing and calming atmosphere with this production. The guitar sounds great. This is quite a lovely piece of music.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/21/21 11:19 AM
Hi Carl,

Yes - I agree - mesmerizing and a very atmospheric production.

I can see this being used as a film score.

I particularly liked your acoustic guitar work - very nice.

Well done.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/21/21 11:49 AM
Really glad you like my tune Ezekiel - thanks a lot for listening and for your nice comment!

Best regards, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/21/21 11:51 AM
Thanks Nigel for your kind comment and for listening - really glad you like my tune!

Best regards, Carl
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/22/21 09:27 AM
Mesmerizing, yes. The drum draws attention, then the bass hits me on the head and the nylon guitar (beautifully played, btw) closes my eyes and the rest takes me away. Five minutes later I open my eyes and the world is actually a better place. Wow, that's what good music does, and you've created all of that here, Carl. Thanks. What would the world be like if this was piped into all the peace talks?
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/22/21 12:11 PM
Bless ya Marty for your lovely comments - thanks so much, I'm chuffed you liked my tune!

If we could only make music that would melt the hearts of those who are trying to ruin the world, then yes - the world might be a better place! I very much appreciate that you 'hear' my music - thank you Marty!!

Best regards, Carl
Posted By: PeterF Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/22/21 08:15 PM
Really pretty and some lovely playing throughout.

How did you record the acoustic guitars? They are really delicate sounding.

Excellent.

Peter
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/23/21 02:33 AM
Hi Peter, thanks a lot for your nice comments - chuffed you liked my tune!!

I used a Microtech Gefell M300 small condenser mic straight into a Golden Age Pre-73 preamp and a Comp-54 compressor, then into my MOTU 828ES and Logic Pro X - I also added a little reverb from Liquidsonics during mixing! I find mic placement very important during recording of acoustic instruments - well worth experimenting with distance & angles to get the sound you want!

Acoustic guitars can easily get boomy, so I always roll off the bottom end with EQ so they become clearer and don't occupy the lower freqs - I also add a little upper mid EQ boost!

Thanks for listening Peter!

Best regards, Carl
Posted By: dcuny Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/23/21 03:13 AM
Really nice - the nylon string playing really shines, and the arrangement keeps things interesting.
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/23/21 05:57 AM
Thanks a lot David - super glad you liked it, many thanks for listening and for comments!!

Best regards, Carl
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/23/21 12:01 PM
Extraordinarily good delivery. Sensational balance with the guitar sitting just out front by the perfect amount.

Really pleasant.
Posted By: bluage Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/23/21 12:14 PM
'camog'...

Autumnal, intimate, timeless...these are a few of the ways I experienced your composition. Your arrangement unified all the instrumental voices into a flowing, seemless musical whole. There was a restrained sense of unresolved emotions coursing through the piece in a way that felt never-ending...until it did. Your musicianship is splendid.

I think it's a moody, sensitive, finely-felt piece of music-making.
Posted By: Bernard Rasson Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/23/21 12:22 PM
Loved the guitar playing
nylon guitar is such a lovely instrument :-)
I agree with other users saying this would make a fine film music theme
best regards
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/23/21 01:32 PM
Thanks so much VideoTrack for your nice comments - I'm chuffed you liked my tune!

Best regards from the UK to you in AUS!!

Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/23/21 01:33 PM
Thank you very much Bluage for your kind comments - very much appreciated, thanks for listening!!

Best wishes, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/23/21 01:35 PM
Thanks very much Bernard Rasson for your super comments and for listening - much appreciated!!

Best wishes to you in Belgium from the UK!!

Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/29/21 10:44 AM
Thought I noticed faint distortion on the Nylon guitar - removed a plugin from the track which may have caused a minute overload!

https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/world-on-the-rack-instrumental-remix

Carl
Posted By: Leon1 Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/30/21 12:16 AM
Beautiful tune. Great playing. Great production. Sounds totally professional.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: camog Re: "World On The Rack" Instrumental - 06/30/21 03:10 AM
Hi Leon, really glad you liked my tune - thanks a lot for your kind comment and for listening!!

Best regards to you in AUS, Carl
© PG Music Forums