PG Music Home
Posted By: Derochette Born to die - 06/28/21 05:01 PM
Hi, the kind members of Biab,

I'm uploading new soundscape to my beloved site. The title is "Born to die" or more exactly, To born, to life and to die. The cycle of life is joyful but also sad. With the covid, I lost some very dear friends and I pay tribute to them with this unambiguous soundtrack but where I tried to share emotions. My working method is always the same. I put 4 minor chords in my vst biab. I isolated one or more lines of notes and I used vsts. I reworked some lines taking inspiration from certain realtrack midi files like the mandolin where I spotted the arpeggio areas to use them with harp and violins vst. Of course when I start from an instrument, I try to adapt it to the chosen vst. It's a sad melody. Thank you in advance, to the courageous listeners who will leave me a positive or negative comment on this musical piece.

The link of this soundware is :

https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/born-to-die-biab-5-bon

The link of my other soundware is :

https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631
Posted By: Scott C Re: Born to die - 06/28/21 10:50 PM
It is just incredible you can get the sounds get. The production on this song is first class. The music just floated back and forth from speaker to speaker I am a huge fan of your music.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 06/29/21 03:10 PM
Hi Scott C,

Thank you for your nice comment which makes me happy. This background music does not seem to meet the expectations of club members. I am thinking of withdrawing it to come back with compositions better suited for this musical platform.

Kindly regard
Derochette
aliasJaniJackFlash
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Born to die - 06/29/21 04:14 PM
Derochette,

Another beautiful piece of music. Can certainly hear the "life" in it.

Majestic!

An enjoyable listen... well mixed...cinematic...

fj
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Born to die - 06/29/21 06:04 PM
That is an amazing tribute to those you lost. We understand completely as we experienced the same.

J&B
Posted By: rsdean Re: Born to die - 06/29/21 06:24 PM
Very beautiful and touching… masterfully produced.

Bob
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Born to die - 06/29/21 11:25 PM
A powerful and moving composition, Derochette.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 06/30/21 10:40 AM
Hi floyd jane,

I'm glad you like this instrumental track. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Kindly regard
derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 06/30/21 10:43 AM
Hi Janice & Bud,

Many of us have quit during this sad period of covid. Thank you for your comment that touched me.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 06/30/21 10:45 AM
Hi rsdean,

Thank you for making me part of your resentment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 06/30/21 10:47 AM
Hi Leon1,

I thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Born to die - 07/03/21 10:52 PM
Hi Derochette outstanding peace!! very creative and engaging all the way, very clear and crisp mix! I hope to hear more thanks for sharing Eric
Posted By: rayc Re: Born to die - 07/03/21 11:28 PM
Jani,
To be born, to live and to die...
Naître, vivre et mourir...
Geboren zu werden, zu leben und zu sterben...
出生、生活和死亡...
Να γεννηθείς, να ζήσεις και να πεθάνεις...
Да се родиш, да живиш и да умреш...
Được sinh ra, sống và chết...

It translates well.
The arpeggios at the beginning are cool and their return adds some excellent punctuation i your statement about the basic cycle.
The bitter sweet string lines on the last passage remind me of the soundtrack of Shooting The Past - Adrian Johnston's work for Poliakoff's miniseries productions is always evocative and 1st class...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wobZ5jGL0No

Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Born to die - 07/04/21 01:01 AM
Very good production. This would work great in a movie, obviously. Moving music.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Born to die - 07/04/21 07:57 PM
Magnificent piece. The emotions are laid bare in the music. Where others like me use lyrics to convey emotion, you have the ability to convey your thoughts and feelings effectively through your music.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/06/21 03:25 PM
Hi F.M.M,

It is my pleasure that you commented on my instrumental track. I thank you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/06/21 03:29 PM
Hi rayc,

Thank you for the Adrian Johnston youtube link. He's a very good composer. It made me happy that you appreciated and I thank you for the time you devoted to me for this nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/06/21 03:30 PM
Hi jptjptjpt,

I thank you for your appreciation. This pleases me.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/06/21 03:35 PM
Hi Ezekiel's Storm,

Thank you for your description which fits well with my way of working. I'm not a good singer and a poet so I try to do the best I can with ambiences and instrumental sounds.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Born to die - 07/08/21 09:48 AM
Oh, man, Derochette. You are so good at these musical landscapes. What a great, creative sound. This is the kind of stuff that makes good movies great, and makes the instrumental soundtrack worth it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Born to die - 07/08/21 08:45 PM
This is a masterpiece! Loved the way it flowed throughout the song. The strings were spot on and the mix was outstanding. You are a fantastic musician.

You don't need lyrics to express emotion and you did a fantastic job expressing emotion in this wonderful piece of music.

Loved it!
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/10/21 03:57 PM
Hi Ezekiel's Storm,

I'm happy that my music without lyrics conveys the emotions of life as you say very well. Thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/10/21 04:03 PM
Hi BabuMusic,

Thank you for your comment. Ah! If to illustrate his videos, someone could be interested in my landscapes, I would be delighted (especially since they are free). Unfortunately, there are few amateurs but, I can always dream. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/10/21 04:06 PM
Hi MarioD,

Please tell me that lyrics are not necessary because I am a poor writer especially in English. I'm glad you told me that my music conveys emotions. Thank you again to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Born to die - 07/11/21 09:21 AM
Hello Derochette,

In a reply on a post you said this kind of songs are maybe not suited for this forum and you were thinking of withdrawing it.
Why was that? I didn't read any comments on it, but I kept wondering why you said it.

And there is a reason I'm asking it. Your music is certainly not 'middle of the road' music. You make complex emotional melodies. They can or must be used for 'heavy' movies. Like this beautiful song. One can easily hear your music in combination with events you wrote it about; the loss of friends. Or more broadly; live and death. Not everyone likes these kind of songs, but that counts for far more songs. That must never be a reason not to have them on this forum.

It's the art of making songs (with the help of BiaB) that is what it's about. I read how you make the kind of sounds for the strings or harp or even guitar out of midi meant for other instruments and I like that. It even gives me ideas I can try out.

But whatever, I liked your song very much, just like that Gentle Wolf song. Well... only as long as you keep telling me how you alter the instruments, the midi and that sort of things. Deal???

Hans
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/11/21 11:21 AM
Hi Birchwood,

First of all thanks for your comment. To answer your question. A priori, I thought that this instrumental soundscape was very sad and that people didn't need it in times of covid. Subsequently, I saw that people were interested and that made me reconsider my position.

To respond to your interest in my way of working, I can give you several examples. First of all, I work in the classic biab to find a style. Then, I get my project in my daw studio one from the Biab vst where I find all the midi files associated with the realtracks. I can then replace some midis lines with other instruments. I give some examples:
1. In Rondo of love, the mandolin line comes from a violin realtrack.
2. In Please come back home, the piano playing comes from a realtrack guitar file.

Substitution not only allows you to change your style but also to choose the best vst instruments according to your project. Of course, you have to rework all the midi lines through the pianoroll. Here, I hope to have answered your questions. And I thank you again for the interest you have shown me in my method of composing.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Born to die - 07/11/21 11:55 AM
Derochette,
Beautiful piece. Evolves well. Nice flow of melody through various instruments. Everything is in place. Listens and mixed very well.
The only thing I might point out and it is just a personal taste thing, I feel there is a bit more staccato sections than needed to make it more balanced. In any case, it is very enjoyable and well composed musical piece. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Born to die - 07/12/21 10:12 AM
Hi Derochette,

Thanks for accepting 'the deal' and to give me your detailed answer.
It surely gives me an impression on how you work. Of course I know that you can put any instrument on it, but your working method is a somewhat different one.

Till your next masterpiece!
Hans
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Born to die - 07/13/21 02:09 AM
Derochette, your work here is extremely good! This mix and overall production is about as good as it gets! I appreciate your efforts! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Born to die - 07/13/21 08:02 AM
One word summary, "Epic"!

Just an outstanding piece of music, well done.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/13/21 03:15 PM
Hi Rustyspoon,

I appreciate your comment. It is true that the staccato are a little too present and I abused it a little. To meditate on your comment. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/13/21 03:35 PM
Hi Birchwood,

You should know that I do not only work on instrumental music and at the same time. I have a lot of unfinished projects in progress and memory, I have not kept all the history. But in the future for new projects, I will record the midi tracks of the different styles that inspired me and I will take them back in the description. I also want to say, that I also develop my own midi tracks and that not everything comes from Biab. But Biab has a very rich reservoir of melodies that can be easily inserted by part in any musical project.But it is only one of the tools of the creation of music.

Thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/13/21 03:45 PM
Hi Torrey,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/13/21 03:47 PM
Hi BlueAttitude,

I'm happy to read you and the content of your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: PeterF Re: Born to die - 07/13/21 06:37 PM
Derochette,

Lovely work and a moving tribute.

An excellent composition and arrangement.

Peter
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/18/21 12:46 PM
Hi PeterF

It really makes me happy that you enjoyed this musical soundscape . Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Born to die - 07/18/21 04:13 PM

This sounds really wonderful.

A stupendous job.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Born to die - 07/19/21 02:50 PM
Very dynamic!! Very melodic!! Very beautiful!! Have you tried to hook up with independent film makers? You write and produce beautiful score music!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/19/21 04:04 PM
Hi David,

I'm glad you like it.
Thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Born to die - 07/19/21 04:13 PM
Hi Greg,

I am an amateur musician and I do not know any independent composers. It is a very closed environment and to enter it you have to have people who work in the sector and who wish to support certain composers.

Everything is done by word of mouth at home and I have little chance of being spotted by these people.

When you watch on my soundcloud account the number of times my compositions have been listened to, it's a bit of a dreary desert plain. But I really thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash

© PG Music Forums