PG Music Home
Posted By: Derochette Gentle Wolf - 07/10/21 04:27 PM
Hi The kind members of the biab club.

I put a musical landscape on the wolf. This particularly endearing animal has a very developed social life. To achieve this instrumental music, I have been looking for wave sounds of the howling of the wolf.
used tools
Vst Biab for the continuation of agreements.
I started with a midi track piano that I modified and on which I put an IIyamov guitar. I changed the fingering in the pianoroll. Then I added strings playing in different octaves but modeled on the midi file of the piano. By isolating certain lines of the chords, I introduced backing vocals and the flute. To top it off, I added waves sounds from my personal bank. If you have the time or the inclination, please let me know if you liked it or not. See you on your compositions. Thank you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

The link to my instumental music is :

https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/gentle-wolf

The link to my other instrumental music is :

https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631

vst used:
1. Vst Biab chords and midi track piano.
2. IIyamov guitar nylon on piano track
3. Spitfire chamber orchestra strings (sustain, spiccato and staccato)on piano track on different octaves
4. Bass eastwest mor on chords biab
5. Choir voice of passion and choir boys eastwest on one line biab
6. Projectsam luminia irish flute on different lines of pianoroll
7. different wav sounds

Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/10/21 08:10 PM
Derochette,

Love your arrangement and the palette of sounds presented here! The score builds in a beautiful way with a very nice mix! Some of those string sounds are incredibly good! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/11/21 08:19 AM
Hi Derochette,

That is a nice piece of work you made about the lonely gentle wolf.
I liked how you managed to make the background vocals sounding more and more like the howling of that wolf.
Only somewhere at the end it was a bit overdone on this effect. But that is a minor thing.

The composition was very interesting and the melody turned out to be very intriguing and picturesque.
Even without words you can imagine a lot. Though the howling also pointed the direction of one's imagination ;-)
It was nice to read how you did all this with the midi. The (IIyamov) guitar was very bright and gave a lovely sound to what originally was meant for a piano (if you can say that with midi).

I enjoyed your song a lot!
Hans
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/11/21 11:12 AM
Derochette,

Another wonderful listening experience. Beautiful!

A very clever idea to use a piano track as the starting point for the nylon guitar. And that nylon guitar has a great tone.

Strings are nicely done. The piece builds well.

And an excellent mix.

A great listen.

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/11/21 09:20 PM
Such a beautiful piece of music. Just loved the production on this. Guitar was excellent.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/12/21 02:49 PM
Fantastic production. A very sweet ode to the wolf. Your guitar playing is lovely. This is a very good piece.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/12/21 04:04 PM
Hi Torrey,

I'm glad you came by. I discovered you through your last composition which I really liked. Thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/12/21 04:16 PM
Hi Birchwood,

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I started this soundscape music a year ago and I finalized it in the last few days. At the time, I tested several midi lines in different old biab midi styles (very well done and often forgotten by club members) through the biab vst. I will try to find them and mention them to you in a future post. I will be careful next time to mention where I puncture the midi lines used. Thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/12/21 04:20 PM
Hi Floyd Jane,

You are a reference for me on this forum and I'm glad you enjoyed this musical landscape. Thank you for stopping by.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/12/21 04:32 PM
Hi Scott,

I am always happy to read you. Very different from my previous composition, this composition is mainly based on a vst guitar put on a mix of midi piano lines taken in different old Biab midi styles.

This Vst is IIyamov nylon which is not expensive (but wait promotions at - 50%) and which is one of the best on the market. You should know that this vst only runs on kontakt (full version) of native instrument. Thank you again to you for following me and for encouraging me.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/12/21 04:45 PM
I enjoyed this muchly. I'm very interested in any use of animal vocalizations in music and have great plans for material from this website: https://www.elephantvoices.org/elephant-ethogram/ethogram-table/behavior/353.html
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/12/21 04:51 PM
Hi jptjptjpt,

I appreciate your encouraging comment. Thank you for your nice passage on my musical landscape.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: MarioD Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/12/21 07:43 PM
Very impressive work!

Interesting usage of the nylon guitar based on a piano track. I really liked that nylon guitar's sound.

Outstanding composition and mix.

This is a winner!
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/14/21 03:31 PM
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your comment. I think to understand that in your projects you intend to produce illustrative music based on animal videos. These are very interesting projects and I hope you will submit your compositions to us on this site.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/14/21 03:35 PM
Hi MaroD,

I am delighted to read you. The vst guitar is IIyamov nylon guitar and I believe it is one of the best on the market. Thank you for your comment here and on soundcloud.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/15/21 11:10 AM
What a beautiful wolf you've painted with this musicscape, Derochette. You show the pride and strength in the animal. There is so much interesting little musical weavings in this tapestry. Always enjoyable to listen to while seeing your musical pictures through closed eyes.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/16/21 08:31 PM
Beautiful music!!!! Gorgeous production!!!! Completely pro to my ears!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: rayc Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/19/21 05:38 AM
Derochette,
dare I say you're becoming quite skill in the midi maze.
Well done.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/19/21 08:28 AM

Man, you are so good at this sort of thing!

Just a fabulous listen, well done!
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/19/21 04:48 PM
Hi BabuMusic,

This is the best compliment I have read on my musical instrumental. You read my thoughts because your description coincides perfectly with what I wanted to transcribe by emotions in this soundtrack. Thank you very much.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/19/21 04:50 PM
Hi rayc,

It's nice your comment. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/19/21 04:51 PM
Hi Greg,

I really appreciate your comment. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/19/21 04:55 PM
Hi BlueAttitude,

I have a lot of respect for you and for the other musicans of Biab . And I thank you for your nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/23/21 12:40 PM
Cinematic and very engaging.

This is like a painting for which you can see additional beauty each time you look at it.

It is so beautiful in such a gentle way and the instrumentation choices are exceptional.

We love wolves and we love this!

J&B
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/25/21 04:33 PM
Hi Janice & Bud,

Thanks for your nice comment. In the absence of lyrics I try to transcribe my feelings through the notes that can speak and whose meaning can be understood by some people of which you are a part. A big thank you again.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/25/21 06:06 PM
Derochette,

Just reading the description of you writing process before even listening had me breathlessly in awe. I could only wish to have the technical expertise to even approach doing a composition in the way. I was not disappointed with the listen. You have a lovely way of pulling things together, and this is a beautiful piece. Soulful and rich emotionally. Perfect production. Just outstanding!

All my best to you,

Deej
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 07/31/21 01:00 PM
Hi Deej56,

Apologies for the delay in responding. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I'm glad you like this intrumental. Here I incorporated wolf vocals taken from the web to make the harmonies more lively in relation to this endearing animal loved by some and hated by others.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Gentle Wolf - 08/01/21 09:38 PM
Derochette,
This was on my "listen to list" for some time. Finally caught it smile
Very lively composition. Interesting twists in melody. Arrangement is very strong with a lot of focus to the details. I found interesting usage of nylon guitar with full force of orchestral strings. To be honest I would use less heavy orchestration, perhaps more "acoustic" so it blends better with very intimate Efimov guitar that has a lot of presence.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 08/03/21 03:57 PM
Hi Rustyspoon,

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I deliberately made variations on the orchestral strings taking into account the videos I watched on the wolf who can be calm and at other times who can have a more nervous attitude. But you're absolutely right I could have chosen softer orchestral strings compared to the nylon guitar. I retain your constructive remark. Thank you again to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Gentle Wolf - 08/03/21 08:33 PM
I see I am a little late to the party on this one. I enjoy your compositions and am glad I found this before it dropped off the page. Complex, pleasing, and moving.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Gentle Wolf - 08/04/21 01:15 PM
What a great instrumental, the arrangement sounds great, it surely has required lots of work, all those small details - introduction of instruments, the choir, the change of dynamics and of course the main character, the gentle wolf. I can imagine a movie about a young wolf running care-freely in the forests and on the meadows.

Janne
Posted By: rsdean Re: Gentle Wolf - 08/05/21 06:17 AM
Derochette,

Beautiful piece of music... I think you achieved your vision.

Bob
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Gentle Wolf - 08/05/21 05:55 PM
Nice overall instrumental, comes over in a relaxing way .

Thanks
Posted By: Derochette Re: Gentle Wolf - 08/06/21 04:30 PM
Hi Ezekiel's Storm, Jannesan, rsdean, Beatmaster,

Many thanks for stopping by to comment on my soundtrack. I tried to get into the spirit of the wolf, an unrecognized but endearing animal and a well-known predator. Through these various simplistic notes, it is a reflection on the life that surrounds us.

Kidnly regard
Derochette
aliasJaniJakFlash
© PG Music Forums