PG Music Home
Posted By: DC Ron Music video adventure - 07/13/21 08:57 PM
Here's my first completed music video. The backing track is based on BiaB _SERVO.STY and finished in Studio One.

Not everyone will recognize the references, but think that's ok.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Music video adventure - 07/13/21 10:08 PM
Ron,
Nice 90s alt. rock groove on this tune. Strong vocals and good, clear mix. Listens well. ​
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: rayc Re: Music video adventure - 07/13/21 10:27 PM
Welcome back.
It's been some time since you've visited.
I look forward to reading your comments on the work of others while you're in the neighbourhood.

You're living dangerously with your vid content...I hope you don't get a strike.

Nice song, sweet ideas and melody though the repetition could use some variation in delivery - particularly the line, "...someone said let's go to Mark's house..." It could be delivered with a little emphasis on "Mark's" as would be the case when actually spoken and that would mean the subsequent "Let's go to Mark's house." repeats would differ slightly.
Poor Mark's mum.
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Music video adventure - 07/14/21 07:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Ron,
Nice 90s alt. rock groove on this tune. Strong vocals and good, clear mix. Listens well. ​
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Misha, THANKS for the listen, glad you liked it!
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Music video adventure - 07/14/21 07:30 PM
Yes, it's been a while since I've posted. Thanks for the listen and the gentle admonishments, which I admittedly deserve.

Glad you enjoyed the song. Tried to vary the chorus a bit by alternating Mark's HOUSE with MARK'S house each of the four times it's repeated. This seemed to please the earworm gnawing at my brain. smile

Video is the next frontier after BiaB in bringing these songs to life, and I appreciate the input.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Welcome back.
It's been some time since you've visited.
I look forward to reading your comments on the work of others while you're in the neighbourhood.

You're living dangerously with your vid content...I hope you don't get a strike.

Nice song, sweet ideas and melody though the repetition could use some variation in delivery - particularly the line, "...someone said let's go to Mark's house..." It could be delivered with a little emphasis on "Mark's" as would be the case when actually spoken and that would mean the subsequent "Let's go to Mark's house." repeats would differ slightly.
Poor Mark's mum.

Posted By: Crossroads Re: Music video adventure - 07/15/21 04:48 AM
Hi DC Ron,

just want to emphasize what Ray wrote: Nice sing, but how in the world could you dare using origina Peanuts material for your video?

My advice; Stick to Creative Commons stuff - might save you a lot of trouble. Thouands of CC clips on YT, Vimeo etc.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Music video adventure - 07/15/21 06:52 AM
Hi Ron,

I listened with pleasure to your song. A nice theme in the lyrics. In my ear i keep hearing "let's go to Marks' house". It happens I know a Mark but don't want to go there ;-)
You have a very pleasant voice, but you hold back when you sing. It is not bad for this song, but you can do a lot more with your vocals. and I want to hear that.

I can feel along with the -funny- comment from Ray and the warning from Stefan.
And Stefan knows what he is talking about on the video material and permits.

Hans
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Music video adventure - 07/15/21 10:56 AM
Haha. I've visited Mark's house many many times, and it's just like you describe, Ron. What a cool song to tell about those times. You wrote a song that is both nostalgic and fun, and mixed it very well. Well sung.
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Music video adventure - 07/15/21 08:33 PM
Stefan, thanks for the cautionary notes! This is a series of animated GIFs strung together and sourced from Gifer.com and the like. I did read up on Fair Use and did this for educational purposes with no profit motive. If it gets taken down, so it goes

To your point, I am working on a 2nd video with all original graphical content. Will post that soon.

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi DC Ron,

just want to emphasize what Ray wrote: Nice sing, but how in the world could you dare using origina Peanuts material for your video?

My advice; Stick to Creative Commons stuff - might save you a lot of trouble. Thouands of CC clips on YT, Vimeo etc.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Music video adventure - 07/15/21 08:37 PM
Hans, THANKS for the listen. The vocalist is Dusty Hughes, an amazing and versatile musician. If I could sing like he can I'd quit my day job. Heck, I'd quit sleeping, too. smile

Glad you enjoyed the tune!

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Ron,

I listened with pleasure to your song. A nice theme in the lyrics. In my ear i keep hearing "let's go to Marks' house". It happens I know a Mark but don't want to go there ;-)
You have a very pleasant voice, but you hold back when you sing. It is not bad for this song, but you can do a lot more with your vocals. and I want to hear that.

I can feel along with the -funny- comment from Ray and the warning from Stefan.
And Stefan knows what he is talking about on the video material and permits.

Hans
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Music video adventure - 07/15/21 08:45 PM
Marty, glad you enjoyed the tune! Yes, Mark's House was a real place for a lot of us. I do have to acknowledge that I'm neither the lyricist nor the vocalist. Credits and ownership disclaimers are at the top of the video.

I just write the music and arrange/produce the tune using BiaB. Which is a LOT of fun. I'm also enjoying these first forays into music videos and the extra storytelling layer that adds.

THANKS for the listen!

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Haha. I've visited Mark's house many many times, and it's just like you describe, Ron. What a cool song to tell about those times. You wrote a song that is both nostalgic and fun, and mixed it very well. Well sung.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Music video adventure - 07/16/21 08:53 PM
Ron,
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Agree with all that!! Excellent sound and vocal!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Music video adventure - 07/17/21 07:09 PM
Greg, thanks for the listen and the kind words. I'm kind of stuck in the past musically. The "90s" seem like yesterday...until I look in the mirror. Ha! Ron

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Ron,
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Agree with all that!! Excellent sound and vocal!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums