PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/17/21 09:40 PM
A latin/jazz-inspired acoustic track. I hope some of you will like it.

Driving With A Restless Soul

Take care,
Will

Real tracks used:
RT914: Bass, Acoustic, ChaCha
RT1905: Piano, Acoustic, Rhyth, BoleroMelodic
RT1902: Guitar, Acoustic, Background Bolero
RT2952: Strings, Rhythm JazzBalladPads
RealDrums: FunkSyncSnare
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/19/21 02:41 PM
Really pretty song!! Great blend of instruments! Mix is fantastic too!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/19/21 08:19 PM
Pleasant tune. I feel like I am dining at a sidewalk cafe. Beautiful blend of instruments.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/20/21 06:48 AM
Hi Will,

I was waiting for a new song from you. Here it is - different again. And REALLY NICE.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/20/21 08:44 AM
Great build starting with the piano/bass, and, man, when that guitar came in I knew we were in for a pleasant ride. Drums and strings and we were off on a fun musical adventure. Excellent title, too. That's exactly what it sounds like. Restless with all the emotion that will bring. Really good stuff, Will.
Posted By: bluage Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/21/21 08:50 PM
Mr. Josef...

Exquisite! You began your composition with a sensuous, moonlit, tango-like rhythm adorned with a soulful classical guitar solo, and then, you 'funked it up' with that Real Drum snare while painting wisps of midnight-toned strings over it. This is finely-felt, atmospheric, sexy 'Latin/jazz' music for the road, as the title of the track and the accompanying photo suggests. It's a fresh and welcome diversion in its sound and feel on the forum.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/21/21 09:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really pretty song!! Great blend of instruments! Mix is fantastic too!! Take care. Greg

Thanks a lot for listening and your kind words, Greg!

All the best to you!
Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/21/21 09:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Pleasant tune. I feel like I am dining at a sidewalk cafe. Beautiful blend of instruments.

Thanks you for listening. Very much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: rayc Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/22/21 03:35 AM
Nice...that was an abrupt change though...I'd have like it foreshadowed by a snare or cymbal hit in the bar before but that's no biggie. NICE one.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/23/21 03:00 PM
Well done. Nice dynamics and the all acoustic band is mixed very well. Not easy to do.

Funky Bolero...yeah smile

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/24/21 07:18 PM
Will,
Sensuous and atmospheric; love the bolero guitar. Well arranged and produced as always.

Robert
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/26/21 08:08 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Nice...that was an abrupt change though...I'd have like it foreshadowed by a snare or cymbal hit in the bar before but that's no biggie. NICE one.

Thanks a lot! Appreciate that you took the time to listen!

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/26/21 08:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well done. Nice dynamics and the all acoustic band is mixed very well. Not easy to do.

Funky Bolero...yeah smile

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Thanks for your time and kind words! I appreciate your comments.

Take care,
Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/26/21 08:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Will,
Sensuous and atmospheric; love the bolero guitar. Well arranged and produced as always.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks a lot for listening and your kind comments - very much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/27/21 08:23 AM
Hello Will,

while listening to your song I heard a lot of things happened; firts only the piano and the acoustic bass, then the nylon guitar entered and changed the sphere in a nice way and suddenly the drums entered! I thought 'where is this leading to'? My fantasy of being in a classic restaurant was shattered, but you brilliantly managed to keep it all in hand. So your song is fascinating and nice at the same time!

Hans
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/27/21 10:39 PM
Hi Will. An evocative title (been there, done that). Creative mix of tracks and an excellent mix. An enjoyable listen.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/28/21 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. Josef...

Exquisite! You began your composition with a sensuous, moonlit, tango-like rhythm adorned with a soulful classical guitar solo, and then, you 'funked it up' with that Real Drum snare while painting wisps of midnight-toned strings over it. This is finely-felt, atmospheric, sexy 'Latin/jazz' music for the road, as the title of the track and the accompanying photo suggests. It's a fresh and welcome diversion in its sound and feel on the forum.

Hi blueage,

Such nice comments! You make me blush! Glad you liked the track.

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/28/21 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hello Will,

while listening to your song I heard a lot of things happened; firts only the piano and the acoustic bass, then the nylon guitar entered and changed the sphere in a nice way and suddenly the drums entered! I thought 'where is this leading to'? My fantasy of being in a classic restaurant was shattered, but you brilliantly managed to keep it all in hand. So your song is fascinating and nice at the same time!

Hans

Hi Hans, Thanks a lot for listening. If I got you to feel that you were in a classic restaurant I for sure hope the dinner was to your tasting. smile
Great comments!

Will
Posted By: Sundance Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/28/21 09:57 PM
Pretty track nice arrangement. Enjoyed listening.
Josie
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/30/21 06:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Will. An evocative title (been there, done that). Creative mix of tracks and an excellent mix. An enjoyable listen.
Regards,
Leon

Hi Leon,

Thanks a lot for listening - it is much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/30/21 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Pretty track nice arrangement. Enjoyed listening.
Josie

Hi Sundance,

Thanks a lot for your kind words!

Take care,
Will
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/30/21 09:58 PM
Will,
Very cinematic. Nice fusion of styles and interesting progression. Now you need lyrics smile
Well done. Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.
Misha.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/30/21 10:36 PM

Will,

This is lovely. Well done.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/31/21 01:55 AM
Will,

First thing that jumped out was that great jazz bass . . . beneath the piano, it’s just lovely. The acoustic solo just resonates. Real pretty piece, very well constructed and executed. I went back a couple time to listen to the drum introduction . . . I’m wondering if they overshadow things a bit . . . perhaps dial the volume back a bit to let that guitar and piano continue to lead? Just a thought—see what others think.

All my best to you,

Deej
Posted By: jannesan Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 07/31/21 01:11 PM
Very enjoyable mood, the acoustic piano fills the air nicely at birth, then the acoustic guitar leads to youth. Bit expectant, but finally the drums shift the gear for the free ride on the highway of life, describing the restlessness of the soul very well. Beautiful chord progression all the way, but especially on the guitar right before the drums. Melancholic from start to the peaceful exit or maybe it's just a break for a dinner.

Janne
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/01/21 11:58 AM
Will.
very tasty guitar work....and arrangement.
just an idea...maybe drums a smidgeon lower in the mix ?
well done.
om
Posted By: Scott C Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/02/21 12:42 PM
Excellent listen Will. Piano is beautiful. Well done
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/02/21 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Will,
Very cinematic. Nice fusion of styles and interesting progression. Now you need lyrics smile
Well done. Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Hi Misha,
Thanks a lot for listening - always appreciated!
And no... lyrics not needed for this one... smile

Take care,
Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/02/21 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Will,

This is lovely. Well done.

Thank you for listening, David!

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/02/21 07:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Will,

First thing that jumped out was that great jazz bass . . . beneath the piano, it’s just lovely. The acoustic solo just resonates. Real pretty piece, very well constructed and executed. I went back a couple time to listen to the drum introduction . . . I’m wondering if they overshadow things a bit . . . perhaps dial the volume back a bit to let that guitar and piano continue to lead? Just a thought—see what others think.

All my best to you,

Deej

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Will.
very tasty guitar work....and arrangement.
just an idea...maybe drums a smidgeon lower in the mix ?
well done.
om

Thanks a lot to both of you for listening. Very much appreciated!

Initially I made another mix with the drums lower in volume but I felt the track lost a lot of energy that way, so I decided to go with this mix. I understand that this is probably also a matter of taste.

Thanks again!
Will
Posted By: PeterF Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/03/21 05:31 AM
Will

Very appealing instrumental and some really excellent guitar, beautifully played and recorded.

Peter
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/03/21 12:00 PM
Will,

super job putting this together! That beautiful guitar track is the focal point but the backing band is the glue that holds it together! The arrangement is lovely as well as the chord structure! Very nice job with the mix! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/04/21 08:55 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Will

Very appealing instrumental and some really excellent guitar, beautifully played and recorded.

Peter

Thank you, Peter. Your kind words are very much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/04/21 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Will,

super job putting this together! That beautiful guitar track is the focal point but the backing band is the glue that holds it together! The arrangement is lovely as well as the chord structure! Very nice job with the mix! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey,

Such kind words!!! Thanks a lot for listening and your kind comments which made me blush a little. You are one of the artists that set a standard that I hope I one day can come near by.

Thanks again!
Will
Posted By: MarioD Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/04/21 09:14 PM
Will, you have produced the most perfect melodic instrumental. That nylon string guitar was the perfect lead instrument. The piano was spot on also. Personally I don't think that you needed the drums, I'd like to hear this without it, but that is just my opinion.

An excellent piece of music.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/04/21 09:25 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Will, you have produced the most perfect melodic instrumental. That nylon string guitar was the perfect lead instrument. The piano was spot on also. Personally I don't think that you needed the drums, I'd like to hear this without it, but that is just my opinion.

An excellent piece of music.

Hi Mario,

My "ambient/chill" part of my musical brain absolutely understand what you mean, but I needed the drums to confirm the picture and feeling I had in my head about driving... it is difficult to explain... it just didn't feel right to me without the drums (I tried the mix without drums).

Thanks a lot for listening and commenting!
Will
Posted By: rsdean Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/05/21 06:14 AM
Will,

What a great mix of tracks... I especially like the piano.

Your production is great as well.

Much enjoyed!

Bob
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/09/21 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Will,

What a great mix of tracks... I especially like the piano.

Your production is great as well.

Much enjoyed!

Bob

Thanks for listening and commenting, Bob. Means a lot to me!

Will
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/13/21 10:23 AM
Will,

A lovely piece. Good listening.

Your instrumentals are always interesting - they breathe well. Good mix.

fj
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/24/21 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Will,

A lovely piece. Good listening.

Your instrumentals are always interesting - they breathe well. Good mix.

fj

So sorry Floyd, I didn't notice your comment before today, but thanks a lot for listening! Very much appreciated as always!

Will
Posted By: Derochette Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/25/21 05:00 PM
Hi Josef,

It is a pretty very intimate composition that you offer us where all the instruments can be expressed. The playing of the guitar is splendid. And the piano very alive. It is really well done. I really enjoyed it. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard,
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Driving With A Restless Soul - 08/25/21 08:41 PM
Thanks a lot, Derochette. Your kind words are very much appreciated!

Will
© PG Music Forums