PG Music Home
Posted By: johnmix In The Key Of Life - 07/21/21 10:09 PM
Here is a brand new song created in Band in a Box. Using the _DROPTOP Style. It's an upbeat track, Fun and Vibrant. Mixed and Mastered with Cubase 11.

https://soundcloud.com/j-wicked-mix/in-the-key-of-life

Enjoy Listening.

J Tafaro Music
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/22/21 09:27 AM
Upbeat and fun for sure. Excellent band. Did you use the all of the instruments in the style? I don't seem to have DROPTOP.
Posted By: johnmix Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/22/21 10:34 AM
I only picked the solo guitar ( Brent Mason ) and Sax ( Eric Marienthal ). You need to make sure you add the underscore _DROPTOP. I think I purchased the last additional Jazz styles, it may have come from there.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/23/21 06:25 AM
Hello johnmix,

very nice. Great choice of backing track. And with Brent and Eric you're always on the safe (and most beautiful!) side.

Cheers Stefan
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/23/21 11:09 AM
John,
Funky & jazzy tune. Mixed and listens well. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: johnmix Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/23/21 02:54 PM
Thank You
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/23/21 10:04 PM
Right away the song has a really upbeat sound to it, and the instrument at the forefront is a nice focus point without being distracting and it blends well with the arrangement. I think vibrant and fun is a great way to describe it! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: dcuny Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/24/21 01:09 AM
As Ember mentioned, the song starts off strong, and continues from there.

Good mix, well orchestrated, and kept my attention throughout.

Nice work! laugh
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/24/21 12:56 PM
johnmix,

Regardless of with style you pulled this from, it sounds super!
The mix is really good, loud and upfront! Great arrangement! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: johnmix Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/24/21 09:13 PM
Thank You all!!
Posted By: rayc Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/25/21 01:54 AM
johnmix,
I'm not entirely sure you should describe your music as "...upbeat track, Fun and Vibrant."
Those words create big boots. I know there's an impulse to use terms that will attract the listener BUT, if they've clicked into your thread then there's a good chance they'll listen.
It's definitely upbeat mostly due to the drums but there's something about that style of jazz solo that doesn't leave space for fun for this listener - not a "jazz" fan.
Convention suggests listing and BIAB components as well as VSTs and imported things to inform/educate the listener.
The sort of stuff I'm interested in, regarding your track, would be YOUR input: Did you multiriff the solos and comp? Did you mix n match within the style? Did you type in chords and press go?

Additionally, all of those folk above who've commented have SUPERB work posted in the forum and elsewhere. They're certainly would be worth listening to, reading and comment upon.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/26/21 05:23 PM
I looked at that style and I don't see a sax or solo guitar. Plus I've never known Brent Mason to play jazz???

Regardless it's a cool funk jazz mashup!

J&B
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/28/21 09:31 PM
Groovin'!

Nice arrangement and appealing composition.

Sax solo fits in nicely.
Posted By: johnmix Re: In The Key Of Life - 07/28/21 09:43 PM
thank you
© PG Music Forums