PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Is that right? - 07/24/21 11:02 AM
Hi folks, this is my latest quartet tune. The original was too long therefore I couldn't post it on Reverbnation so Have to reduce the length of it, but here it is.
Is that right?

Sorry, I cannot show the stats for this tune, I can't open the memo window. It just flashes and won't display. Not sure what;s happening here.

Anyway, enjoy!

Mike B.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Is that right? - 07/24/21 11:50 AM
Is that right? Reverbnation has a limit? Glad it's not the radio limit of 3 minutes because this is definitely a tune that can go on well past 6 minutes --depending on who's available to jam. Great after-hours fun for all the area musicians to gather and jam. My kinda fun. Each instrument has perfect tone. Really dig that piano, and the perfect rhythm section. What, no bass solo? Or was that the part you had to cut?
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Is that right? - 07/24/21 06:22 PM
Hey Marty, thanks for the listen and comments. Yes, the free Reverbnation have a limit of no more than 8 meg per song, my original had more than eleven I think, so I had to cut it down and no, no bass solo on this one.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: bluage Re: Is that right? - 07/24/21 06:49 PM
Hi, 'cubanpete'...

This one had me imagining Ray Baretto on bongos and, maybe, Kenny Burrell on electric guitar, with Ahmad Jamal exploring the bluesy, swingin' depths of the keyboard. 'Cool' and 'hot' are the operative words, here, because the bongos rhythm keeps things percolating under the relaxed, yet playful instrumental solos. It's also an elegantly performed after-hours listening experience for two.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Is that right? - 07/26/21 10:54 AM
Wow my friend! You are mentioning three heavy duty people here and one of my favorites performers in their own instrument. Pretty cool to have remind you of these great Jazz players.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Is that right? - 08/01/21 05:22 PM
Is that right? Heck yeah!

We just commented on your other recent quartet. Like it this is excellent work.

We've always loved quartets and trios of multiple genres.

We're certainly not schooled in jazz anywhere near the extent of Bluage but enjoyed his comments and, yes, the bongos carry things along nicely.

The mix, as always, is open airy and so live in feel.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Alexander Paul Re: Is that right? - 08/02/21 03:16 PM
The song definitely takes me away to another time and place. Love the piano!

Just out of curiosity, are there any special benefits of uploading your music to ReverbNation compared to other audio distribution platforms?
© PG Music Forums