PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/24/21 07:52 PM
I recorded this with my Yamaha Genos but was missing the one touch it needed so I went to BiaB for a lead guitar and to reinforce the Acoustic guitar...they added the touches i wanted to finish the mix...hope you enjoy this country/rock Praise song...Dan

https://soundclick.com/r/s7hcmr

BiaB elements
511 Electric guitar (Darin Favorite) Soloist Dire
522 Acoustic guitar

I added Vocals, piano and electric, acoustic and bass guitars, drums and percussion from the Yamaha Genos keyboard
Engaging melody and beautiful vocal.

I like the double meaning of "His goodness flows like the sweetest wine." That lyric is loaded with meaning.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/24/21 08:40 PM
Hi Daniel,

This is good song and also very well sung.

I particularly like the light and shade and also the key change.

Well done.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: firesong Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/24/21 08:55 PM
Nigel...thanks so much...so glad you enjoyed...Dan
This is a very good song and a great vocal performance. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Posted By: firesong Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/24/21 10:29 PM
Thanks for the comments...so glad you enjoyed the song...Dan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/25/21 03:08 PM
Dan,

Sounds excellent! Great vocals (harmonies are super) as always on your productions! The Genos sounds very nice! I'm partial to Yamaha piano sounds ( IMO they are the best sounding ). I always wanted a Genos but not being primarily a piano player couldn't force myself to lay down the $ for one! You have a good sound there! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: firesong Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/25/21 04:33 PM
Thanks Torrey...glad you enjoyed the song...the Genos is so versatile...the styles and sounds are as good as it gets when it comes to arranger keyboards...but when it's just piano I think the Roland's are more realistic sounding and play much better...I have a Roland FP60 that I play when I want a true piano experience though the Yamaha's seems to record in a mix better ( brighter and crisper)...thanks for your comments...I really enjoy your music...Dan
Posted By: Deej56 Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/25/21 06:05 PM
Firesong:

Sweet sound to this—sometimes the simple tunes are the best, particularly when they come from the heart. Nice production work topped with a really good vocal (and great backing vocals as well). Everything works really well here. Great work on this!

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: firesong Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/26/21 01:53 AM
Hey Deej...thanks for the kind words...I appreciate your encouragement and comments...glad you enjoyed the song...thanks again...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/26/21 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Engaging melody and beautiful vocal.

I like the double meaning of "His goodness flows like the sweetest wine." That lyric is loaded with meaning.

Ezekiel...thanks for the comments...you're right that line has multiple meanings...I so appreciate your insight...Dan
Posted By: Gonover Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/26/21 01:33 PM
Nice voice. Congratulations. It is nice to see that there are people who write to God
Posted By: firesong Re: The Lord is Good (country/rock P&W) - 07/26/21 02:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Gonover
Nice voice. Congratulations. It is nice to see that there are people who write to God

Gonover...thanks...He is my central songwriting theme...Dan
© PG Music Forums