PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Help Wanted: Inquire Within - 08/02/21 03:40 PM
Hey everyone...I'm a sucker for acoustic ballads so I've written dozens of them...but of all of them this is one of my personal favorites...mostly because of the hook which fits my genre (Christian, gospel, inspirational,etc.) like a glove...A band member of mine saw a sign in the window of a shop that read "Help Wanted:Inquire Within" and thought it would make a great song for a segment of one of our gospel concerts...I agreed and so I wrote this song...I hope you like it...Dan

BiaB's Jason Roller does the exceptional acoustic work (acoustic 364,368), I added the vocals and the rest from a Yamaha Tyros 5 keyboard.

https://soundclick.com/r/s7x8pw
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Help Wanted: Inquire Within - 08/03/21 11:55 AM
firesong,

excellent use of those RealTracks but the vocals are the top thing here (excluding the message)! They are performed flawlessly and the harmonies couldn't be any better! Overall sound is super and the mix is great! That Tyros still sounds great! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: firesong Re: Help Wanted: Inquire Within - 08/04/21 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
firesong,

excellent use of those RealTracks but the vocals are the top thing here (excluding the message)! They are performed flawlessly and the harmonies couldn't be any better! Overall sound is super and the mix is great! That Tyros still sounds great! Thanks, Torrey

Torrey...thank you for your gracious comments...I value your thoughts as you are one of my favorite producers on this forum...this song is near and deer to me so I'm pleased that you enjoyed it...I think of my self vocally as a "back-'m-up" singer so your comments on the harmonies encourage me (I really enjoy the harmony work you do in your recordings)...regards...Dan
© PG Music Forums