PG Music Home
Posted By: Crossroads ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/08/21 10:07 AM
Hi everybody,

these are hard tiimes - Maha has returned from the hospital a couple of weeeks ago, and she is worse off than ever before. She is convinced that she will never be able to mix or act in one of our videos again. I’m not that pessimistic, but it’s not easy to stay optimistic.

At the moment it’s taking care 24/7 and I have neither the time nor, to be honest,am I in the mood to serve the forum.

I have quite a lot of unpublished material in store, but I do not know if or when I will post it here, because I think it woudn’t be fair to post stuff without caring about what you post here.

Before I 'leave' you for at least a while, I’m going to post a love song that I wrote for Maha before the pandemic struck us.

Like usual I made a video afterwards, but this one has become not just a normal music video, but a very, very long one with Maha playing three different roles and appeearing in almost every scene.

It (rsp. the post-production) consumed an awfully lot of time (+/- 2 yrs.), because I couldn't stop packing it with hundreds of funny little bits - the credits alone took me several months.

If you, at all, give it a glimpse, the video will possibly take most of your attraction, but maybe you find a few seconds to listen to it, too - I think the horns arrangement is not bad.

Although he will probably not even remember: Bud was so kind as to explained to me how to use adjectives like swany or flashy - thanks a lot, Bud.

So here it is, a comparably short song with a looooong video:

AL I NEED IS YOU (song with lyrics)

ALL I NEED IS YOU (video with lyrics)

Musical data

Key / BPM: D / 130 BPM
Vocals: Me
The Band:
Dow Tomlin (b, BIAB / RT579)
Jason Roller (g, BIAB / R405)
Audley Freed (g, BIAB / RT500)
Sol Philox (g, BIAB / RT1719)
Guitar Solo: Me
MIDI:
Drums: arr. & progr. by me. -> MTPowerDrums
Horns (tb, ts, tp): arr. & progr. by me -> Big Fish Vintage Horns

As usual Maha polished the thing up - I definitely dig her live sound mixes endlessly and, man, do I hope that she will return to her PC soon. Or at least at all.

She finsihed the song already 2 years ago, so I’m not really sure which apps and plug-ins she used. But I do know that she did the mix in RealBand using some Waves plug-ins and mastered the whole thing in Ozoone 8.

Thanks a lot for taking the time (oh yes...)

Take care and stay safe, y'all,

Stefan
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/08/21 12:28 PM
Hi Stefan,

Good song and well played and sung.

I particularly liked the Horns - very tasty.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/08/21 09:59 PM
Stefan,

You packed this dense with hilarious images, great music and pure fun. A wild ride!
So much effort... You are one dedicated duo! I imagine you have a closet bigger than Liberace's packed with all kinds of props for your short films.

Sorry to hear of the dip in Mahas health. I hope things will get brighter and both of you will continue to make crazy and fun videos! Take good care of her.

Kind regards,
Misha.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/09/21 06:30 AM
Hoi Stefan,

What a sensational video! So much to see; the peeing dog, the dancing gorilla, the signs the people, the declaration... well in short: everything!
Very well done. and I noticed it took you some time to make all this. But as I said, the result is marvellous!!
It is also a very big achievement, considering your personal circumstances.

Stefan, a big applause for this song and video!

Try to stay on this Forum if you can. You don't have to comment on everything (well, you missed my song and that is bad), as long as you can make music, it helps to deal with all the other things.

We'll keep in touch and give my love to Maha,
Hans
Posted By: jannesan Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/09/21 01:30 PM
Great video and song! All you really need is a big movie studio behind you to turn your creative and fun ideas into videos much faster, I don't like to wait for 2 years to see the next one smile But I do like the homemade quality, it is refreshing. Your rocking style works always, good lyrics, good arrangement with horns and soloing. Excellent mix. I really hope to hear more of your and Maha's excellent work.

Janne
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/09/21 04:04 PM
As we said at YouTube, outstanding ... it's in your face, it's subtle and all things between!

Not in our wildest of all imaginations could we envision the amount of work that video took. Work AND an abundance of creativity. Just syncing it all so perfectly to the audio amazes us.

And driving the core of it all is a great song with fine vocal/instrumental performances, write, arrangement and all wrapped in Maha's excellent mix.

All the actors were superb and Maha's performance was beyond cool playing three roles.

Just great and most importantly FUN!

We are saddened to hear of Maha's situation and offer all the best wishes, hopes, good vibes and prayers possible.

J&B

PS Yes we remember Mr Swanky and Flashy man smile

Posted By: Alexander Paul Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/09/21 05:29 PM
Catchy song and fun video! I get some Blues Brothers vibes.
Posted By: rayc Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/09/21 07:36 PM
I really enjoyed the video story and the song is, as always, ace. THAT solo is icing on the cake...and the horn arrangements are tops too.
The song - rocknsoul excellence.
Your vocals are strong and clear - and REALLY reminds me of early Richard Clapton.
Loved it all,
fingers, thumbs, legs, eyes and arms crossed for a solid Maha lead recovery.

The video work is excellent.
I'll have to work out which program you use.
Posted By: MarioD Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/09/21 08:07 PM
Stefan, The song was great, excellent horn section and the video was outstanding.

Great work on everything.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/09/21 08:37 PM
Hi Stefan,

Very good song and a great video as well.

However, please don't spend time on replying to comments... concentrate all your efforts on Maha. It must feel like you both are deep down in a black hole in the moment... but please continue to believe that the future will bring hope and better times... I believe in that!

Wish you both all the best!
Will
Posted By: PeterF Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/10/21 12:03 AM
Stefan

That was a fun way to spend 12 minutes, creative and entertaining all the way through.

Excellent song to go with the video, great horn arrangement, nice guitar solo and excellent vocals.

Hope Maha improves soon and we see you back here shortly.

Peter
Posted By: beatmaster Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/10/21 09:22 AM
Yea defo a real treat , packed with musical abundance excellent Horns !!

Enjoyed this !!.

Thanks
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/10/21 02:42 PM
First of all Stefan I want you to know that thoughts and prayers are headed your way from me! I sure hope that things take a turn for the better for you and Maha!

Your song is EXCELLENT as usual! You are one of the top talents posting here and every thing you offer up is totally pro in every way and that also goes for your video work (wish I had the ability to work with video like you do!

BTW, those horns are wonderful!! Thanks and take care, Torrey
Posted By: Bawb Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/10/21 05:48 PM
Meh, not bad...
Ha! Amusing video and the music was played arranged very well. The vocal track was also well done!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/10/21 08:40 PM
Stefan,

First of all the song is tops. It has a good beat and you can dance to it. grin

I am going to nominate your video to the Academy for best short film. The production is complex. There are a lot of little things going on where you have to watch it more than once to catch.

"He kind of reminds me of Uncle Stefan..." Hahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You and Maha are in my thoughts.
Posted By: Scott C Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/11/21 12:00 PM
What a cool video Stephan. So creative. I be you and your family and friends had so much fun making it. The song was excellent. Loved the band. Reminded me of the Blues Brothers. Well done
Posted By: David Snyder Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/11/21 02:08 PM

Hey Stefan,

This sounds great man.

Good job!

I am so sorry to hear about your trials and I will remember you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/14/21 01:26 AM
Love your songs and love your singing, hope things can get better somehow for Maha.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/14/21 02:23 PM
Stefan,

WOW! It is obvios a LOT of work went into that!! Amazing detail in the video...

Song is really good. Production is one of your best. Horns are great.

Mix is excellent.

Everything is well done.

Best to you and Maha...

fj
Posted By: Leon1 Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/19/21 01:37 AM
Hi Stefan
The song is excellent and the video is just amazing. Personally, I would welcome your posts regardless of whether you were commenting on others. Your songs and videos are always a joy to see and hear. All the best to you both.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/19/21 11:08 AM
Stefan, you and Maha are my most treasured find of the last couple years. Man, I wish I was your neighbor. You always bring a laugh to my life. What an epic masterpiece of creativity. Your band (real and imagined) is the best! This is a love song of the most sincerest sort, Stefan. You're right, I cannot imagine the work that would go into something like this. Wishing all the best for you and Maha because that's what you've given us.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/23/21 10:53 AM
Hi Stefan and Maha,

This is incredible! I can totally believe that two years went into putting this together. The creativity of you two is off the planet. You are both geniuses at what you do.

Music, audio and video entertainment doesn't get better than this.

I hope you both have a good break.

Best wishes,
Noel
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/31/21 05:58 AM
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Stefan,

Good song and well played and sung.

I particularly liked the Horns - very tasty.

Best Regards
Nigel

Thanks a lot, Nigel. I really appreciate your kind wods.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/31/21 06:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Stefan,

You packed this dense with hilarious images, great music and pure fun. A wild ride!
So much effort... You are one dedicated duo! I imagine you have a closet bigger than Liberace's packed with all kinds of props for your short films.

Sorry to hear of the dip in Mahas health. I hope things will get brighter and both of you will continue to make crazy and fun videos! Take good care of her.

Kind regards,
Misha.

Thank you so much, Misha. For your lovely comment and even more for your good wishes. We still need them so badly, the situation is still cruel.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/31/21 06:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hoi Stefan,

What a sensational video! So much to see; the peeing dog, the dancing gorilla, the signs the people, the declaration... well in short: everything!
Very well done. and I noticed it took you some time to make all this. But as I said, the result is marvellous!!
It is also a very big achievement, considering your personal circumstances.

Stefan, a big applause for this song and video!

Try to stay on this Forum if you can. You don't have to comment on everything (well, you missed my song and that is bad), as long as you can make music, it helps to deal with all the other things.

We'll keep in touch and give my love to Maha,
Hans

Deat Hans,

thanks a lot for your extremely supportive lines.
I will contact you as soon as things are improving over here.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/31/21 06:07 AM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Great video and song! All you really need is a big movie studio behind you to turn your creative and fun ideas into videos much faster, I don't like to wait for 2 years to see the next one smile But I do like the homemade quality, it is refreshing. Your rocking style works always, good lyrics, good arrangement with horns and soloing. Excellent mix. I really hope to hear more of your and Maha's excellent work.

Janne

Hello Jannesan,

thank you so much for that very nice and supportive comment.

I don't have the slightest idea when we'll be able to put a new video together, but I still have 2 or 3 in store, so at least you won't have to wait for another two years.

Kind regards,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/31/21 06:11 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As we said at YouTube, outstanding ... it's in your face, it's subtle and all things between!

Not in our wildest of all imaginations could we envision the amount of work that video took. Work AND an abundance of creativity. Just syncing it all so perfectly to the audio amazes us.

And driving the core of it all is a great song with fine vocal/instrumental performances, write, arrangement and all wrapped in Maha's excellent mix.

All the actors were superb and Maha's performance was beyond cool playing three roles.

Just great and most importantly FUN!

We are saddened to hear of Maha's situation and offer all the best wishes, hopes, good vibes and prayers possible.

J&B

PS Yes we remember Mr Swanky and Flashy man smile

Dear Janice, dear Bud,

this time I have to thank you double for giving me your time: You not only took the time to watch that endless video, but also to write such a beautiful commen - you jnow how much I appreciate your opinion!

And thank you so much for your good wishes for Maha. We're still in a nightmare, so please keep on thinking of her.

Hope so much that y'all are in good health.

Stay sage,

Stefan

Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/31/21 06:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Alexander Paul
Catchy song and fun video! I get some Blues Brothers vibes.

Thanks a lot, Alexander - Blues Bros vibes? Well, that's not bad, I do like the idea ...

Kind regards,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/31/21 06:20 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
I really enjoyed the video story and the song is, as always, ace. THAT solo is icing on the cake...and the horn arrangements are tops too.
The song - rocknsoul excellence.
Your vocals are strong and clear - and REALLY reminds me of early Richard Clapton.
Loved it all,
fingers, thumbs, legs, eyes and arms crossed for a solid Maha lead recovery.

The video work is excellent.
I'll have to work out which program you use.

Dear Ray,

well, if that ain't the kind of comment one could dream of... Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked the thing.

And let me also thank you for your great way of sendung Maha your good wishes - is it too cheeky to ask you to keep on crossing everything for another while - Mha needs it badly.

As to the video app: I'm using Camtasia 2018. Although I also have the latest versions, I use that one, because editing is a PITA with the newer versions - so slooooooooowwwww.
For some special effects Camtasia doesn't provide I use VideoPad and sometimes Pinnacle Studio.
They (most of all Pinnacle) offer far more than Camtasia, but they're visually too complex for my eyesight - Camtasia is very intuitive.

Always glad to provide more info - you can send me a PM.

Thanks again and all the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/31/21 06:22 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Stefan, The song was great, excellent horn section and the video was outstanding.

Great work on everything.

Thanks so much, Mario, IÄm glad you enjoyed the song and the video.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 08/31/21 04:24 PM
Stefen,
Please give my best wishes to Maha.
You've got a hell a a partner there!

The song, the video:
WOW!
What unamazing production.
Your creativity and talent shines brightly.

Take care.

moto
Posted By: Deej56 Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/01/21 01:22 AM
Stefan,

Love your tunes--really creative, always well-written with great energy. This one is no exception. My heart and well wishes go out to you and Maha. Here's hoping all works out well so you both can share all the more great music with us and the world.

My kindest thoughts and prayers for you both,

Deej
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/01/21 11:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Stefan,

Very good song and a great video as well.

However, please don't spend time on replying to comments... concentrate all your efforts on Maha. It must feel like you both are deep down in a black hole in the moment... but please continue to believe that the future will bring hope and better times... I believe in that!

Wish you both all the best!
Will

Dear Will,

thank you so much for your very uplifting words. Yes, although it's not that easy, we don't give up hope and believe that life has got better days in store for us.

Glad you liked song and video.

All the very best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/01/21 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Stefan

That was a fun way to spend 12 minutes, creative and entertaining all the way through.

Excellent song to go with the video, great horn arrangement, nice guitar solo and excellent vocals.

Hope Maha improves soon and we see you back here shortly.

Peter

Hi Peter,

thaks a lot for your very kind comment - I really appreciate your opinion a lot.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/01/21 11:38 AM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Yea defo a real treat , packed with musical abundance excellent Horns !!

Enjoyed this !!.

Thanks

Thanks a lot, beatmaster, glad you had some fun watching and listening.

Kind regards,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/01/21 11:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
First of all Stefan I want you to know that thoughts and prayers are headed your way from me! I sure hope that things take a turn for the better for you and Maha!

Your song is EXCELLENT as usual! You are one of the top talents posting here and every thing you offer up is totally pro in every way and that also goes for your video work (wish I had the ability to work with video like you do!

BTW, those horns are wonderful!! Thanks and take care, Torrey

Dear Torrey,

being one of your biggest fans your opinion always means so much to me. So you gave me a really good feeling with your most kind words. Thank you so much for them and, of course, even more for your good wishes and thoughts. We really appreciate your concern a lot.

All the bestz,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/01/21 11:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Bawb
Meh, not bad...
Ha! Amusing video and the music was played arranged very well. The vocal track was also well done!

Thanks a lot, Bawb, I'm glad you liked song and video.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/01/21 11:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Stefan,

First of all the song is tops. It has a good beat and you can dance to it. grin

I am going to nominate your video to the Academy for best short film. The production is complex. There are a lot of little things going on where you have to watch it more than once to catch.

"He kind of reminds me of Uncle Stefan..." Hahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You and Maha are in my thoughts.

Hi Scott,

being nominated for the Oscar - that's what we've been waiting for for so long - thanks a lot for taking the initiative.

And also thanks a lot for mentioning the danceability of the song - to be honest I've been a bit disappointed that noone mentiones elegant and sleek moves that (then) 68 years old fatso (=me)displayed smile .

And, most of all, thank you so much for your thoughts. We'll keep in contact.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/02/21 04:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool video Stephan. So creative. I be you and your family and friends had so much fun making it. The song was excellent. Loved the band. Reminded me of the Blues Brothers. Well done

Thanks a lot, Scott. I'm really glad you enjoyed your watch and your listen.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/02/21 04:27 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Stefan,

This sounds great man.

Good job!

I am so sorry to hear about your trials and I will remember you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

So this was my first David Snyder comment ever - thanks a lot, Sir, I'm glad you liked the song.

And thanks even more for your good wisches and thoughts.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/02/21 04:29 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Love your songs and love your singing, hope things can get better somehow for Maha.

Thanks a lot, TuneMonger - for your kind words on the song and, most of all, for your good wishes.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/02/21 04:31 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Stefan,

WOW! It is obvios a LOT of work went into that!! Amazing detail in the video...

Song is really good. Production is one of your best. Horns are great.

Mix is excellent.

Everything is well done.

Best to you and Maha...

fj

Thanks a lot, Floyd, I'm always glad to read your comments. And thanks for your good wishes to Maha - she really needs them so badly.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/04/21 05:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Stefan
The song is excellent and the video is just amazing. Personally, I would welcome your posts regardless of whether you were commenting on others. Your songs and videos are always a joy to see and hear. All the best to you both.
Regards,
Leon

Hello Leon,

thank you so much for your kind words on our song and video and for your good wishes. Since Maha is still in a horrible shape it will take some time before I will be able to return to the forum, I'm afraid.

Maybe I can post one or two songs in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/04/21 05:48 AM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Stefan, you and Maha are my most treasured find of the last couple years. Man, I wish I was your neighbor. You always bring a laugh to my life. What an epic masterpiece of creativity. Your band (real and imagined) is the best! This is a love song of the most sincerest sort, Stefan. You're right, I cannot imagine the work that would go into something like this. Wishing all the best for you and Maha because that's what you've given us.

Dear Marty,

well, well, well - if that wasn't one of the nicest things I could have imagined - thanks an awful lot for that. Yes, it would indeed be incredibly nice to be neighbaours with you. I mean, we do have lovely neighbours, but they're no musicians and not always share my asense of humor smile. Oh yes, we would have a lot of fun, that's for sure.

Thank you once again and take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/04/21 05:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Stefan and Maha,

This is incredible! I can totally believe that two years went into putting this together. The creativity of you two is off the planet. You are both geniuses at what you do.

Music, audio and video entertainment doesn't get better than this.

I hope you both have a good break.

Best wishes,
Noel

Hello Noel,

wow, thanks a lot for that amazing comment - I'm really glad you enjoyed your listen and your watch. And also thank you so much for your good wishes!

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/04/21 06:01 AM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Stefen,
Please give my best wishes to Maha.
You've got a hell a a partner there!

The song, the video:
WOW!
What unamazing production.
Your creativity and talent shines brightly.

Take care.

moto

Hi moto,

thank you so much for your good wishes for Maha - yes, she's a hell of a partner for sure. And it's so sad to see how she has to walk barefoot through hell these days.

And thanks a bunch for your kind words on All I Need Is You - I REALLYX appreciate them a lot.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: ALL I NEED IS YOU (song & video) - 09/04/21 06:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Stefan,

Love your tunes--really creative, always well-written with great energy. This one is no exception. My heart and well wishes go out to you and Maha. Here's hoping all works out well so you both can share all the more great music with us and the world.

My kindest thoughts and prayers for you both,

Deej

Hi Deej,

you really found very, very nice and soothing words - thank you so much for your good wishes.

And I am glad that you liked our song.

Take care,

Stefan
© PG Music Forums