PG Music Home
Posted By: bluage Like, This... - 08/13/21 01:50 AM
User's forum member 'Icelander' and I collaborated on this slow jazz ballad suitable for 'cheek-to-cheek' dancing back in 2019.

Key of Eb, tempo @ 75 bpm, meter = 4/4/

Real Drums: JazzTerryClarke^02-a,b:Brushes, featuring Terry Clarke
Real Track #768: Bass, Acoustic, Jazz, Sw. 110, featuring Neil Swainson
Real Track #245: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm, Jazz, NY Sw. 110, featuring Mike LeDonne
Real Track #3064, Vocal Ooo's, Rhythm, 3-part, Ev. 085, Featuring David Wise and Shelly Justice.
Real Track #751, Sax, Tenor, Soloist, Jazz Ballad, Bluesy variation, featuring P. J. Perry
Melody track: Performed by 'Icelander' on unknown vibraphone VST instrument

Listen at https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14295920

Posted By: musician17 Re: Like, This... - 08/13/21 09:33 AM
I like it! Really beautiful and laid-back. Yes, I'd chat up a lady with this music playing, for sure :-) That vibraphone ... icing on the cake. Excellent job! :-)
Posted By: MarioD Re: Like, This... - 08/13/21 09:21 PM
Perfect jazz lounge music. That is one of my favorite genres and you really nailed it.

Great work
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Like, This... - 08/13/21 09:22 PM
i hear this playing in a gentlemans penthouse in london.
theres a knock at the door. he opens it, and a beautifull vision appears dressed in a sophisticated gown.. both the man and the woman smile....
knowingly. about the nice evening that lies ahead.

frankly i'm not a jazz expert...but the song conjured up
just such a vision.
well done.
om
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Like, This... - 08/14/21 12:01 AM
Nice background music, perfect for anything. Well done!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Like, This... - 08/14/21 08:46 AM
bluage, as Mario said, I love this genre and you nailed it! The tune flows exquisitely and you did a super job bringing different instruments in and out on the solos! Enjoyed it! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Like, This... - 08/14/21 10:09 AM
After the opening 2 bars my wife would look at me and I knew it was time to dance. HAHAHA How weird was that. As I typed that first sentence, Barb walked by the open studio door. She stopped and gave me that look. After the passed several weeks of caring for her parents, it was the perfect moment. Thank you guys. So I had to spin in again (with headphones) to hear all the wonderful ingredients you guys wrote for that magic moment. Just perfect guys.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/14/21 07:56 PM
'musician17'...

Seems like you can relate to the mood that the music set. Thank you for expressing what you likeed about composition!
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/14/21 07:59 PM
'MarioD'...

I'm happy to read that the piece appealed to you. Thank you for your comment!
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/14/21 08:09 PM
Dear 'justanoldmuso'...

What a wonderful vision! It's flattering to know that music can help a listener to realize a dream. Thanks for you comment.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/14/21 08:11 PM
Hello, 'Tunemonger'...

"Perfect for anything". Well, that suits us just fine! Thanks for listening and commenting.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/14/21 09:16 PM
Hello, 'Torrey Bliss'...

Sounds like you gave it a close listen. We appreciate that!
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/14/21 09:19 PM
'BabuMusic'...

Anytime any user's forum member tells me that he/she was inspired by the music to get up and dance, has made my day. 99% of the reason why I compose music is for that reason. Thank you for responding to the piece in such a joyful way.
Posted By: rayc Re: Like, This... - 08/15/21 12:38 AM
Nice, flows well and things have their own spot in the mix.
The FX on the "vibes" seem to muddy things a little bit as the overtones carry into the next note - a bit like playing a busy melody on a piano with the sustain pedal leaving everything to decay naturally.
Very nice piece.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Like, This... - 08/17/21 10:10 AM
Bluage & Icelander

Sweet tune! Excellent job on vibraphone. Good, clear mix. Listens very well. A bit short smile
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/17/21 03:17 PM
Hello, 'rayc'...

The vibes track was recorded by my collaborator, 'Icelander'. I don't know if he applied any FX to it.

Regardless, I'm pleased that the piece appealed to you. Thank you very much for taking the time to listen to it.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/17/21 03:20 PM
Hello, 'Rustyspoon#'...

Yes, I agree that 'Icelander' performed the vibes track so well. It's what caused me to answer his call for a collaborator.

You're right, it's a short piece. Wetted your appetite for more, perhaps?

Thank you for auditioning the piece and also for your comment.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Like, This... - 08/19/21 12:12 PM
Lovely song. Very cool groove. Sax was excellent. Super listen. Well done
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/20/21 12:02 AM
'Scott C'...

I agree with you about the sax. P.J. Perry's performance sounded like he improvised it especially for our composition.

Thanks for hearing it!
Posted By: rsdean Re: Like, This... - 08/20/21 09:09 AM
Loren,

This is a great collaboration - everything about this piece works so well.

I completely enjoyed this one.

Bob
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Like, This... - 08/20/21 04:08 PM
Loren,

A nice jazzy tune. Good mix. Enjoyed the listen.

fj
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Like, This... - 08/20/21 05:20 PM
Lovely!

I (Janice) listened to this first last night while cooking supper and I had a delightful time dancing around the kitchen, pretending Bud was cheek to cheek with me. (He says the only way he could dance is if someone is shooting at his feet.) smile

When we listened again together I had to get up and dance around the room to show him how much fun he was missing. Y'all delivered a lovely tune from the opening vibes to the sax solo to the final note.

We both enjoyed it and wish we were sitting in a little club hearing more of your songs.

J&B
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Like, This... - 08/20/21 06:48 PM
Sounds so smokey, clubby, 1940 ish . not a bad thing !!, and its what Biab does extremely well when it comes to slow waltzes.

Nice work on this, to me it captured an era well !!.

Thanks
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Like, This... - 08/20/21 06:54 PM
Loren, you know this is my kind of thing, excellent job but I was asking for more. That's the problem with nicely done tunes.
Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/22/21 12:13 AM
'rsdean'...

So, you got an ear for jazz, huh? Right on! I'm glad the piece appealed to you. Thank you for taking the time to listen to it.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/22/21 12:14 AM
Floyd Jane:

Thank you, man!
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/22/21 12:18 AM
Dear Ms. Janice...

I really and truly dig the fact that music makes you wanna move. Ain't dat what it was made for??? I'm happiest when I get that kind of response to my compositions/songs. I'm sure 'Icelander' appreciates your response, too!

Thank you for giving the piece a taste smile.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/22/21 12:20 AM
Hi, 'beatmaster'...

Yeah, I agree, it does indeed reflect the era of the big bands. I'm glad you took a liking to it! Thanks for listening.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/22/21 12:22 AM
Dear 'cubanpete'...

You know, the brevity of it bothered me for a while because I imagined we could improve on it, but we couldn't. There's a reason for the phrase, "short & sweet", right? Thank you for auditioning it and leaving a comment.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Like, This... - 08/22/21 03:50 PM
Hi bluage,

Splendid very jazzy composition that you put on this platform. Good orchestration, all the instruments are fully expressed. It is very pleasant to listen to. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Like, This... - 08/23/21 12:52 AM
Nice tune. Good work to both of you. I expect Bogey to enter the room with a dame on his arm at any moment.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Like, This... - 08/24/21 09:57 PM
Hi bluage,

I really would like to listen to this track, but absolutely nothing happens when I click on the play button. Do I need to be signed up to SoundClick to be able to listen?

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Like, This... - 08/24/21 10:47 PM
Hi again.. I tried again... and now it works. It is a great and inspiring track! Very much a in a style I love. My only complaint is that it is too short... it is actually very, very short... With such a good idea you should have explored the harmonies more... smile

Anyway, I enjoyed listening a lot!
Will
Posted By: Sundance Re: Like, This... - 08/26/21 02:27 AM
Sounds good to me. Nice arrangement. I enjoyed it.
Josie
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/27/21 11:30 AM
Hello, Derochette...

Concerning your comment, we especially appreciate what you said about the orchestration!

Thank you for listening to our composition.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/27/21 11:33 AM
'jptjptjpt'...

Ha! laugh Liked the line about 'Bogey'. Glad to read you absorbed so much atmosphere from the piece!
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/27/21 11:40 AM
Hi, Will Josef...

Concerning the brevity of the song, we probably could've added some more choruses with different solo instruments improvising over changes. It's just that we liked the idea of a 'moment' of music so concentrated in form and duration that its impact would be more intensely felt.

Really happy to read it had the desired effect on you!

Thank you for listening to it smile.
Posted By: bluage Re: Like, This... - 08/27/21 11:42 AM
Dear 'Sundance'...

We're happy to read the arrangement appealed to you!

Thanks for taking time to listen to it.
© PG Music Forums