how lucky can one man get

i have realized
   you are my everything
   every wish my heart has whispered
   every dream i've dared to dream realized

The BAND bits...
RealTracks in song: 1190:Bass, Electric, ModernRnBRock Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1828:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGroove Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1830:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopModernGrooveBrightDist Ev16 075
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2099:Piano, Rhythm PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 1801:Synth Pad, PopShiningSoft Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2585:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PunkHeldPlus Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 2690 Guitar, Electric, Soloist Slow16thsPopBrentSimple Ev16 075
RealDrums in Song:Rock16ths^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare
Royalty Free Loops

Comments welcome.

fj
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Realized - 08/17/21 04:03 PM
Perfect in every way.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Realized - 08/17/21 07:43 PM
Floyd,

That intro is some slick stuff! One immediately recognizes pro quality production at work here!
That piano working with the drums is so sweet and man do they sound good! Every instrument lays in the perfect spots!

This is such a good song and your vocal performance does it justice!

Excellent!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Realized - 08/17/21 08:11 PM
Hi Floyd. your songs are always something especial
and, this is no exception. Your passionate vocal
really highlight's the well crafted lyrics.
The production is superb. I enjoyed my listen.
Tanks for posting. Regards Rob4580
Posted By: rayc Re: Realized - 08/17/21 10:17 PM
FJ,
the pause before the chorus is emblematic of this song.
It's perfectly timed, creates expectation and follows through.
Kitchen sink/living room drama.
The known as comfort, creation and new discovery.
ACED it!
Posted By: Bawb Re: Realized - 08/17/21 10:56 PM
Hi Floyd,

You really have a way of coming up with songs that invoke such sweet and real to life imagery. Great mix and vocals. I enjoyed listening to it.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Realized - 08/17/21 11:48 PM
Hi Floyd,

Another excellent song - good chord progression, lyrics and powerful vocals.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Realized - 08/18/21 06:52 AM
Hello Floyd,

This is you, in and out!
It's going to be hard to find superlatives to describe the quality of your song, the band and its mix.
They are all very good/ outstanding.

What I liked very much was that guitar you hear after each sentence in the verse, kind of stacato rhythm.
I don't know how to describe that in proper English, but it gives a nice kind of tension.

Except the somewhat sudden end, it is a -very nice- straight forward song, with supernice lyrics.
Nice to listen to, in your chairs, with your wife and a glass of whatever and dreaming of the times that were.
At least, that's what it did to me. And my wife grinned...

Enjoy your day,
Hans
Posted By: rsdean Re: Realized - 08/18/21 07:37 AM
Floyd,

Another polished pro-sounding song... Amazing production and vocal.

Absolutely loved it!

Bob
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Realized - 08/18/21 10:54 AM
FJ.
nice lyrics and laid back feel.
i echo bob, very polished production.
best
om
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Realized - 08/18/21 12:34 PM

Floyd,

This is my favorite vocal of yours so far.

Really outdid yourself on that.

The rest is awesome as always.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Realized - 08/18/21 03:51 PM
Hi floyd jane,

Pretty melody of love. Nice choice of chords compared to the well-written lyrics. You manage to make us live your emotions. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: PeterF Re: Realized - 08/18/21 07:57 PM
floyd

Simply a great song, impressive in every way.

Your songwriting gift and performance really shine on this one.

Peter
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Realized - 08/18/21 09:40 PM
Hi Floyd another well done song very pro sounding the vocal was excellent as everything else so well thought out!!!! Eric
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Realized - 08/19/21 02:36 AM
The lyrics conjure some lovely images, Floyd and the vocals and production are as polished and professional as always. Another high quality entry in the FJ songbook.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Realized - 08/19/21 09:30 AM
You say love song, and it's surely a song to love. Such quality, such talent, such passion. I like what Ray says a bout the pause before the chorus. Man, you sure have an uncanny ability to make songs memorable. I've read or heard many pros talk about what's important in song writing and each and every song you do checks all the boxes as if YOU are the one they all talked about. Thanks, Floyd.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/19/21 01:00 PM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Perfect in every way.

A perfect review!!

HA!

smile smile smile
Posted By: bluage Re: Realized - 08/19/21 11:43 PM
Floyd Jane...

I am beginning to regard your songwriting/performing legacy on the User's Forum not as a series of (very fine) productions released over a period of time, but rather a continuous, stream-of-musical-consciousness that flows out of the root of your being and then branches out into these songs that, in my opinion, simply reveal the many rooms that exist in your heart. Kind-of-like a tree that grows different kinds of fruits -- apples, then oranges, then grapes, then peaches -- each with their own taste and texture, but all of them sweet.

You sing about love, but then you describe scenes that vividly flesh-out the tone and the feeling of the kind of love you're crooning about: "...you dance in the kitchen, I move in for the lead." What a beautiful line, a moment in time captured and freeze-framed for the benefit of future generations. Unforgettable, man.

The music sounds inevitable, as though the notes were the only ones the lyrics would accept. Your singing is passionate not for what you express that is explicit in the lyrics, but for what you leave for us to imagine.

It is a sublime pleasure to witness your ever-developing artistry as a songwriter.

Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Realized - 08/20/21 11:24 AM
FJ,
Listened to it when you posted, re- listened it today. What can I say... you have a black belt in writing country/pop songs.
Very neat, easy listening arrangement (I have a problem with doing that smile ) Fantastic vocal performance! Mix is super clear. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Realized - 08/20/21 11:28 AM
Another nice one from the FJ studio.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/20/21 04:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Floyd,

That intro is some slick stuff! One immediately recognizes pro quality production at work here!
That piano working with the drums is so sweet and man do they sound good! Every instrument lays in the perfect spots!

This is such a good song and your vocal performance does it justice!

Excellent!

Thanks, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey. Appreciate that....

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hi Floyd. your songs are always something especial
and, this is no exception. Your passionate vocal
really highlight's the well crafted lyrics.
The production is superb. I enjoyed my listen.
Tanks for posting. Regards Rob4580

Thanks, Rob. Good to see you drop by again...
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Realized - 08/20/21 06:51 PM
This never played for me, just could hear a sound like an advert or something slurping a drink then a voice over, Is this just me or ....!!..?.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Realized - 08/20/21 09:02 PM
Floyd, you are one amazing talented musician! EVERYTHING you do is so professional. Your vocals, backing tracks, lyrics, mix, etc are always just what is needed for every song you do. I wish I had half of your talent.

Another winner.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/21/21 10:14 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
FJ,
the pause before the chorus is emblematic of this song.
It's perfectly timed, creates expectation and follows through.
Kitchen sink/living room drama.
The known as comfort, creation and new discovery.
ACED it!

ray - thanks for all of that!!...

Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Floyd,

You really have a way of coming up with songs that invoke such sweet and real to life imagery. Great mix and vocals. I enjoyed listening to it.

Thanks, Bawb...

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Floyd,

Another excellent song - good chord progression, lyrics and powerful vocals.

Best Regards
Nigel

Thanks, Nigel...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/22/21 08:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hello Floyd,

This is you, in and out!
It's going to be hard to find superlatives to describe the quality of your song, the band and its mix.
They are all very good/ outstanding.

What I liked very much was that guitar you hear after each sentence in the verse, kind of stacato rhythm.
I don't know how to describe that in proper English, but it gives a nice kind of tension.

Except the somewhat sudden end, it is a -very nice- straight forward song, with supernice lyrics.
Nice to listen to, in your chairs, with your wife and a glass of whatever and dreaming of the times that were.
At least, that's what it did to me. And my wife grinned...

Enjoy your day,
Hans

Thanks, Hans...glad that y'all could share a moment over this... smile

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

Another polished pro-sounding song... Amazing production and vocal.

Absolutely loved it!

Bob

Really appreciate that, Bob....
Posted By: edshaw Re: Realized - 08/22/21 11:29 AM
Elegant, Floyd. Masterful. Touching.
Posted By: ROG Re: Realized - 08/22/21 07:36 PM
Hi Floyd,

A classic Rock Ballad!

Loved the whole thing and there was even a guitar solo.
I was thinking that the solo could have been a tad longer, but then we got the reprieve at the end, so all good.
Everything as polished and professional as ever, with your signature emotive vocal delivery.
Mix sounds good on the Sennheisers and even better up LOUD on the Tannoys.

Spot-on.

ROG
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Realized - 08/23/21 01:07 AM
Nice slow dance number. Good production. Well written and well sung. Good use of the band.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/23/21 02:30 PM
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
FJ.
nice lyrics and laid back feel.
i echo bob, very polished production.
best
om

Thanks, om...

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Floyd,

This is my favorite vocal of yours so far.

Really outdid yourself on that.

The rest is awesome as always.

Thanks, David. I've been surprised by how many folks have singled out the vocal. I thought it was "less than it should be" and thought it might need to be done over... smile ya never know..
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/24/21 11:11 AM
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi floyd jane,

Pretty melody of love. Nice choice of chords compared to the well-written lyrics. You manage to make us live your emotions. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks, Derochette...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Simply a great song, impressive in every way.

Your songwriting gift and performance really shine on this one.

Peter

Appreciate that, Peter...

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi Floyd another well done song very pro sounding the vocal was excellent as everything else so well thought out!!!! Eric

Always nice to have you drop by, eric...
Posted By: Phil Leith Re: Realized - 08/24/21 04:04 PM
Extremely relatable. I'm happy to say. And by the sound of it, happy to hear, as well.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Realized - 08/25/21 09:37 AM
Love this one, floyd, pure perfection!
Posted By: jannesan Re: Realized - 08/25/21 11:35 AM
Starts with an intriguing intro both instrument and chordwise. Very nice romantic lines with good details of your everything, from a tear to a dance. Strong chorus. Nice emotional vocals. Very good mix, enjoyed the drum sound. The guitar solo could have been longer.

Janne
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Realized - 08/25/21 12:13 PM
Pardon me. Might be a bit hard to type. Just moments ago, the corners of my mouth lifted and that must have put some pressure on my tear-ducts.

Continuing. Lyrically so very intimate. Shown, not told.

Musically, the band is so well integrated into the song. This is miles above words plastered over a backing. This is 100% song-writing. Fantastic.

Production is exquisite. Graceful little lifts with the strings and guitar fills. Just enough, just when it works.

Not every song can be better than the last one, or we'd all achieve something near to perfection if we just keep at it. Your next one might suffer for all that went into this one,, but this one is damn near the best I've heard. Let the next one fend for itself.
Posted By: Frankp Re: Realized - 08/25/21 12:42 PM
Sounds great Floyd. I didn't realize you could use that many tracks out of BIAB.

Do you export the SuperMidi as .Wav or as Midi?
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Realized - 08/25/21 03:58 PM
A love story gem of the rarest kind.

We love the way you captured those little everyday moments that we have that make us realize (REALLY!) how fortunate we are to be sharing life with our knight in shining armor or fairy princess.

I (Janice) was singing along with you, and just like I do when learning a part for one of your songs, I'd find that I had stopped singing because I was enjoying your vocal so much! Yes, as my sister used to say, "that voice" is the one I want to have on the desert island.

After Janice's thoughts I (Bud) find getting into the band and mix almost distracts. But the choice of tracks is outstanding (those drums) and the mix sparkles in the best manner of a great singer/songwriter production. I can at least pretend in my dreams that I wrote this for my bride smile

And the album cover is superb.

J&B

Posted By: Sundance Re: Realized - 08/26/21 02:23 AM
I thought this was really pretty. Enjoyed it very much.
Josie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/26/21 12:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
The lyrics conjure some lovely images, Floyd and the vocals and production are as polished and professional as always. Another high quality entry in the FJ songbook.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks, Leon!

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
You say love song, and it's surely a song to love. Such quality, such talent, such passion. I like what Ray says a bout the pause before the chorus. Man, you sure have an uncanny ability to make songs memorable. I've read or heard many pros talk about what's important in song writing and each and every song you do checks all the boxes as if YOU are the one they all talked about. Thanks, Floyd.

smile

You're makin' me blush, man.... smile
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Realized - 08/26/21 08:03 PM
Nice melody that especially captivating in the chorus.

I loves this verse:

your eyes shine when you're scheming
an easy, innocent read
you dance in the kitchen
i move in for the lead

All so good!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/27/21 11:00 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
Floyd Jane...

I am beginning to regard your songwriting/performing legacy on the User's Forum not as a series of (very fine) productions released over a period of time, but rather a continuous, stream-of-musical-consciousness that flows out of the root of your being and then branches out into these songs that, in my opinion, simply reveal the many rooms that exist in your heart. Kind-of-like a tree that grows different kinds of fruits -- apples, then oranges, then grapes, then peaches -- each with their own taste and texture, but all of them sweet.

You sing about love, but then you describe scenes that vividly flesh-out the tone and the feeling of the kind of love you're crooning about: "...you dance in the kitchen, I move in for the lead." What a beautiful line, a moment in time captured and freeze-framed for the benefit of future generations. Unforgettable, man.

The music sounds inevitable, as though the notes were the only ones the lyrics would accept. Your singing is passionate not for what you express that is explicit in the lyrics, but for what you leave for us to imagine.

It is a sublime pleasure to witness your ever-developing artistry as a songwriter.

Loren - thanks for the great review. It is always a pleasure to read your musings...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/28/21 11:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ,
Listened to it when you posted, re- listened it today. What can I say... you have a black belt in writing country/pop songs.
Very neat, easy listening arrangement (I have a problem with doing that smile ) Fantastic vocal performance! Mix is super clear. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks for all of that, Misha!...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Another nice one from the FJ studio.

Thanks, Herb.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/29/21 02:55 PM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
This never played for me, just could hear a sound like an advert or something slurping a drink then a voice over, Is this just me or ....!!..?.

Just you.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Floyd, you are one amazing talented musician! EVERYTHING you do is so professional. Your vocals, backing tracks, lyrics, mix, etc are always just what is needed for every song you do. I wish I had half of your talent.

Another winner.

That's some nice words, Mario. Thanks...

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Elegant, Floyd. Masterful. Touching.

Appreciate that, Ed...
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Realized - 08/30/21 01:16 PM
You keep making great music.
This is another winner.

Excellent!

moto
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 08/30/21 03:02 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd,

A classic Rock Ballad!

Loved the whole thing and there was even a guitar solo.
I was thinking that the solo could have been a tad longer, but then we got the reprieve at the end, so all good.
Everything as polished and professional as ever, with your signature emotive vocal delivery.
Mix sounds good on the Sennheisers and even better up LOUD on the Tannoys.

Spot-on.

ROG

Thanks, ROG....

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Nice slow dance number. Good production. Well written and well sung. Good use of the band.

jpt3 - thanks!
Posted By: musician17 Re: Realized - 08/31/21 04:50 AM
Mature writing. What a love song ... one day, I WILL write like that, too. Bravo - this sounds, again, like the song of someone who's been there and feels every note and word. Hats off.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Realized - 09/01/21 01:01 AM
Floyd,

Out of the gate it has an 80’s, Peter Gabriel feel to me (instrumentally at least) . . . but it’s all Floyd Jane after that. What a terrific write! Love that third verse. Great vocal and production as always. Excellent work!

My very best to you,

Deej
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Realized - 09/01/21 03:35 AM
I love how this song builds up and then gives the listener a subtle payoff. The work of a great song crafter. Excellent!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 09/01/21 03:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Phil Leith
Extremely relatable. I'm happy to say. And by the sound of it, happy to hear, as well.

Thanks for dropping in, Phil!!

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Love this one, floyd, pure perfection!

smile smile smile

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Starts with an intriguing intro both instrument and chordwise. Very nice romantic lines with good details of your everything, from a tear to a dance. Strong chorus. Nice emotional vocals. Very good mix, enjoyed the drum sound. The guitar solo could have been longer.

Janne

Thanks, Janne...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 09/02/21 10:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Pardon me. Might be a bit hard to type. Just moments ago, the corners of my mouth lifted and that must have put some pressure on my tear-ducts.

Continuing. Lyrically so very intimate. Shown, not told.

Musically, the band is so well integrated into the song. This is miles above words plastered over a backing. This is 100% song-writing. Fantastic.

Production is exquisite. Graceful little lifts with the strings and guitar fills. Just enough, just when it works.

Not every song can be better than the last one, or we'd all achieve something near to perfection if we just keep at it. Your next one might suffer for all that went into this one,, but this one is damn near the best I've heard. Let the next one fend for itself.

Tangmo - thanks for the great review!!....

Originally Posted By: Frankp
Sounds great Floyd. I didn't realize you could use that many tracks out of BIAB.

Do you export the SuperMidi as .Wav or as Midi?

Thanks, Frank. You can use any number of BIAB tracks - unlimited - by exporting them to your DAW.

For the MIDI SuperTracks, I typically export the MIDI file. Load that into Studio One and select any of the pianos that I have available on my system (I have a bunch of the EZKeys pianos which cover most of my needs. I have a few others, too. TruPianos is a favorite. Got an Addictive Keys piano - free through Focusrite...etc.)
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 09/03/21 04:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
A love story gem of the rarest kind.

We love the way you captured those little everyday moments that we have that make us realize (REALLY!) how fortunate we are to be sharing life with our knight in shining armor or fairy princess.

I (Janice) was singing along with you, and just like I do when learning a part for one of your songs, I'd find that I had stopped singing because I was enjoying your vocal so much! Yes, as my sister used to say, "that voice" is the one I want to have on the desert island.

After Janice's thoughts I (Bud) find getting into the band and mix almost distracts. But the choice of tracks is outstanding (those drums) and the mix sparkles in the best manner of a great singer/songwriter production. I can at least pretend in my dreams that I wrote this for my bride smile

And the album cover is superb.

J&B

J&B - Thanks for the lovely review! Always appreciated...

Originally Posted By: Sundance
I thought this was really pretty. Enjoyed it very much.
Josie

Thanks, Josie.

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Nice melody that especially captivating in the chorus.

I loves this verse:

an easy, innocent read
you dance in the kitchen
i move in for the lead

All so good!

Thanks, Scott....
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 09/04/21 11:29 AM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
You keep making great music.
This is another winner.

Excellent!

moto

Thanks, moto!

Originally Posted By: musician17
Mature writing. What a love song ... one day, I WILL write like that, too. Bravo - this sounds, again, like the song of someone who's been there and feels every note and word. Hats off.

Thanks, James....

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Out of the gate it has an 80’s, Peter Gabriel feel to me (instrumentally at least) . . . but it’s all Floyd Jane after that. What a terrific write! Love that third verse. Great vocal and production as always. Excellent work!

My very best to you,

Deej

Appreciate that, Deej....

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I love how this song builds up and then gives the listener a subtle payoff. The work of a great song crafter. Excellent!

Thanks, TM!!!....
Posted By: dcuny Re: Realized - 09/04/21 06:08 PM
Man, you know how to write them!

I mean, the arrangement is great, and the singing always sells me, but it's the lyric that gets my attention throughout the song. I loved this:

an easy, innocent read

But this is a great payoff for an interesting choice of words:

you dance in the kitchen
i move in for the lead

I'm curious, did you widen the panning on that drum fill at 2:21?

Anyway, a treat as always to hear how it should be done.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Realized - 09/05/21 12:31 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Man, you know how to write them!

I mean, the arrangement is great, and the singing always sells me, but it's the lyric that gets my attention throughout the song. I loved this:

an easy, innocent read

But this is a great payoff for an interesting choice of words:

you dance in the kitchen
i move in for the lead

I'm curious, did you widen the panning on that drum fill at 2:21?

Anyway, a treat as always to hear how it should be done.

David - thanks for the nice comments. It is always especially nice when someone highlights a few lines from the lyric. Means a lot to me. I did not widen the drums at all (I often widen pianos and stereo acoustic guitars, but seldom consider doing that with drums). There is a spattering of drum loops mixed in and that is more than likely what you are hearing...
© PG Music Forums