PG Music Home
Posted By: Derochette Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/23/21 06:17 AM
Hi the nice members of the biab club;

In a previous post,Birchwood asked me to describe my steps in creating a song using the biab software. Often we musicians have different projects going on and it is not always possible to remember the steps through which we went to develop a soundtrack. Here I have tried to mention all the steps through which I have been. passed to achieve this composition of atmosphere. Thanks to everyone who reads this post.

This soundtrack is called "Tenderness in your blue eys". Not sure if the music would appeal to me, I chose the eyes of a pretty woman. By telling me that if the composition does not please at least the listeners will go to see a photo of a pretty lady (Lol).

To make this composition, I started with the “Question.sty” style demo. It's a smooth jazzy song with a lot of midi tracks.

Bass: 36 Fretless Elec. Bass
ElecPiano: 6 Electric Piano 2 replaced by 3674 Piano
Drums 26 Rap Tr808 Drums
Strings: 46 Pizzicato Strings replaced by 2334 String quarted
Bowed Pad: 93 Bowed Pad. Replaced by 3390 mandolin for the melody then replaced by vst flute

Some piano melody lines dubbed by vst guitar nylon IIyamov and choir Eastwest.

The mix is ​​not perfect but I try to show Biab can do everything and customize each composition.

If you have the time or the inclination to give me your thoughts or your advice, thank you in advance for your posts.

The link to tenderness blue eyes is:
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/tenderless-in-your-blue-eyes

And for my other compositions, the link is :
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631

Best regard
Derochette
alias JniJackFlash

Posted By: rayc Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/23/21 06:35 AM
A new Celtic Dawn has arisen.
Lovely sounds though the 808 seems a little harsh - particularly the clck of the kick.
Otherwise, another exploration of the "scape" well done.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/23/21 09:40 AM
Hi Rayc,

I thank you to your nice comment. I changed the high notes and the volume of the drums.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/23/21 02:20 PM
Derochette,

I enjoy your compositions. You obviously put a lot of thought into them.

The opening piano was very nice. I found the combination of flute and strings to be a "a little too much" - with similar frequencies and both playing fairly "busy" parts, they ran into each other, fighting for space... (just an opinion, of course).

fj
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/23/21 05:25 PM
Hi floyd jane,

Thank you very much for going on my soundtrack and for sharing your good advice with me. I removed a violin that followed the flute and I put a fabfilter high cut frequency on the quarted strings track (realtrack).There is still a tuba instrument in the chorus which I do not like so much in terms of the melodic line as the sound. It is not yet perfect, but I will correct it quickly.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/23/21 07:55 PM
very very nice.
i agree the drums should be very subtle on this type of tune imho.
a live female choir would be wonderfull on this.
and would really elevate the song to new heights imho.

i really like the arrangement and mood of the song.
the hallmark of a good song imho, is when the listener wants to listen again and again, as i wanted to.
well well done.
om
Posted By: MarioD Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/23/21 08:08 PM
I really liked this one. Good instrumentation. I think the ending needs a little more work.

What EW choir are you using? I have the Symphonic Choir and I think that would fit perfectly in this one. If you are using that choir maybe reducing the velocities might make it sound better as I found the choir to be a tad harsh. That is just my opinion. YMMV

This is a great write.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/24/21 11:25 AM
Derochette,

You have some beautiful sounds here and you've created some wonderful textures! The midi instruments sound pretty good! The female background parts are an excellent addition. Everything sounds really good! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/26/21 05:21 AM
Hi Justanoldmuso,

the drums are not great but I wanted to keep the drums of the starting style. I lowered the volume and put in a little reverb. Thank you for your passage and your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/26/21 05:27 AM
Hi MarioD,

The choirs are Easwest Choirs. I took your comments into account. I doubled the choirs by a choir of young choristers to reduce the velocities and I kept only the piano and the choirs for the final so that it was softer in terms of the sounds. Thank you for your wise advice.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/26/21 05:29 AM
Hi Torrey,

I'm glad you appreciate this soundtrack. Thank you for your nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/26/21 09:24 AM
You always post such intere3sting pieces, Derochette. Always such visual imagery brought out from enchanting melodies. You apparently do an amazing job of listening to and acting upon the suggestions from others in the forum. This sounds quite polished to me. The drummer seems to have come to the wrong studio, but you managed to blend him in nicely. Well done. Not only do you show how BiaB can gloriously interpret our creative ideas, but how this forum can further shape them into musical masterpieces.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/26/21 09:33 PM
Very pretty song Jani. Love your melodies and productions. Well done
Posted By: jannesan Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/27/21 12:42 PM
Beautiful chord progression, has nice Celtic vibe. The flute melody is also really beautiful, surely describing the tenderness. Enjoyed the simple arrangement also, the piano and the choir give it a nice texture. For drums I would rather use something more folky, bodhran RDs would be maybe too busy, but you could try cajon or mallet RDs.

Janne
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/28/21 09:05 AM
I'm no sound engineer so I'm not qualified to critique or advise on the levels and the mixing. I just admire the construction and execution of this piece. The backing has a melancholy ambiance that is nicely counterbalanced by a rather lively flute. The somewhat abrupt ending took my by surprise, but perhaps that was intentional. Great job.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/28/21 04:03 PM
Lovely music as always. I can't follow all the details as it is way beyond my skill level, but I get the final outcome perfectly. It has a Celtic feel to it. Nice work.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/30/21 01:39 AM
Derochette,
Pretty and vibrant composition. Nice flutes, rich chorals. Good mix. I find Tr808 a bit repetitive and a bit too thin sounding. Perhaps a variation of drums? Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/30/21 07:09 AM
Hi BabyMusic,

Thank you for your nice comment. It is true that the battery is not great and lacks variations. It is also true that all the advice given on this forum allows us to really improve ourselves because when we, the musicians, work on a composition, our ear hides certain imperfections that only the listeners can perceive. Thanks again to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/30/21 07:11 AM
Hi Scott C,

I'm glad you like this soundtrack. Thank you for your comment. It is always a pleasure to read you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/30/21 07:14 AM
Hi Ghostgum,

Thank you for your nice comment. It is true that the end is abrupt but I had no idea and I took back what biab offered me with its realtracks. Thank you again roof.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/30/21 01:13 PM
Beautiful is as beautiful does.

You done good!

moto
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 08/31/21 03:22 PM
Lovely and film ready.

You obviously put a lot of thought into your productions.
That and your creativity are really showcased here.

The Celtic edge is very nice.

And that flute is the star.

Excellent!

J&B
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 09/01/21 04:00 AM
Nice composition that was worth several listens. What flute vst did you use, I thought it sounded pretty good? Very nice, and yes, the pic worked ; )
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 09/01/21 10:57 AM
Hi jptjptjpt,

Thank you for the nice comment. It is true that there is always a Celtic musical influence in my compositions.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 09/01/21 11:04 AM
Hi Rustyspoon,

Thanks for playing this soundtrack and commenting. You're right about the drums the Tr808 is not the best (pure midi file) and the variations are poor in this soundtrack with this instrument. But I'm going to look for a drum realtrack that would suit better. Thank you again for your suggestions.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 09/01/21 11:06 AM
Hi CaptainMoto,
I'm glad you like this sountrack. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 09/01/21 11:08 AM
Hi Janice & Bud,

It always gives me pleasure to read you. I'm glad you like this soundtrack. Thanks for the comment here and on soundcloud.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tenderness in your blue eyes - 09/01/21 11:11 AM
Hi TuneMonger,

It is true that the photo does a lot (Lol). Thank you for your nice comment. The vst is IIya Efimov Tin Whistle irish flute.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

© PG Music Forums