PG Music Home
Posted By: Desertphile She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar - 09/08/21 12:55 AM
Many nights I have crossed blue water in my 31 foot long Trintella cutter-rigged sloop MYSTE, fetching exotic ports alone with no particular destination--- wherever the wind blows.

I keep watch 24 hours a day by drowsing in the cockpit, while the slow wind flogs the lines, or the muscular wind hauling us along, all taut and singing, with gurgle-sloshes singing along the hull.

My friend Ron spoke of "The Goddess of the two a.m. watch:" this is for Her; this is for me; this is for the whales passing, deep and silent, under my keel; perhaps it is for you also.

The chord progression is as complicated as the sea, unpredictable as the wind, yet as consistent as a bottle of El Dorado 25 Year Old Limited Edition Rum.

She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar

Posted By: floyd jane Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/08/21 04:19 PM
David,

A very pleasant listen. Very well mixed.

Welcome to the Showcase.

fj
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/08/21 07:26 PM
Desertphile,

Interesting combination of instruments and sound textures going on in here! Complex variations of chord changes with the result being a pleasant sound! I am assuming some if not all of these tracks are BIAB Realtracks.

Welcome to the Showcase! I think you will find it's a great place to share your work! Take care, Torrey
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/08/21 07:57 PM
Nice song. It had a very atmospheric and ambient feel to it.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/08/21 08:20 PM
Very enjoyable. Thanks for posting.
Rob4580
Posted By: Desertphile Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/08/21 11:58 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
David,

A very pleasant listen. Very well mixed.

Welcome to the Showcase.

fj

Thank you. I am working on a blues song, and if it does not turn out perfect I will hop up and down and whimper. :-)
Posted By: Desertphile Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/09/21 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Desertphile,

Interesting combination of instruments and sound textures going on in here! Complex variations of chord changes with the result being a pleasant sound! I am assuming some if not all of these tracks are BIAB Realtracks.

Welcome to the Showcase! I think you will find it's a great place to share your work! Take care, Torrey

Gosh, thank you for reminding me! I must edit the topic to include the elements to the music.

Yes: Realtracks throughout; I was going to play my resonator guitar but it would not fit anywhere here.
Posted By: Desertphile Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar - 09/09/21 12:02 AM
[Summary]

Key=F , Tempo 65, Length (m:s)=5:13
4 bar intro, 77 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 81. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _ATMSPH3.STY (Atmosphere Chillout)

RealTracks in song: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 2542:Pedal Steel, Background ModernBalladAtmosphere Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: ** N/A ** 2976:Vocal Oohs-Aahs, Background Pop3-part Ev 085
Loop in Song: Chillout\Chillout - destiny_71_drum_loop_b_minor ev16.wav
RealTracks in song: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1004:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockStrumming Ev16 065
[SummaryEnd]

[Chords]
|a) F2/C(P4).s| F2.s| FMaj7.s| F7 F7.s|
|b) Bb| C| Bb| C7sus|
|a) BbMaj9| Am7| C7sus| Dm7|
|b) G| Dsus| Dsus| C|
|a) C| G/B| Bb| A7sus|
|b) Asus| Bb| C| Bb|
|a) Csus| Bb| F/A| Csus|
|b) Dm7| G| Dsus| D|
|a) C| C| G/B| Bb|
|b) Asus| Asus| Bb| C|
|a) Bb| C7sus| BbMaj9 F| Am7|
|b) Csus| Dm7| G2| Dsus|
|a) D| C| C| G/B|
|b) Bb| Asus| Asus| Bb F|
|a) C| Eb| F9| Eb|
|b) Dm| F7sus| Gm7| C|
|a) G| G| F| F|
|b) Em7| Eb| Dsus| Dm|
|a) Eb| F| Eb| F|
|b) Eb| F| G| G|
|a) B|end) B|
[ChordsEnd]
[SongEnd]
Posted By: rayc Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/09/21 12:16 AM
After the introductory post I was a little afraid to listen in case the paint brush had been put down in te writing/mixing process.
I needn't have worried.
Posted By: Scott C Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/10/21 01:02 PM
Nice listen. Excellent backtrack. Love the steel. Welcome to the forum
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/10/21 09:05 PM
I'm always drawn to messages from the sea.
2 am watch conjures up all nature of what lies below.

Soothing!

moto
Posted By: MarioD Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar - 09/10/21 09:13 PM
Welcome to the forum.

This is one hell of a great first song. Very smooth sailing throughout the entire track. Everything fits like a glove.

Excellent work.
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar - 09/11/21 04:57 PM
evocative, i felt i was back in africa where i spent a lot of my young life .....watching all the diversity of african life and animals....
well done.
om
Posted By: Birchwood Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar - 09/12/21 10:44 AM
Hi David,

I just listened to your song, after reading what you wrote as an introduction to it.
I could easily imagine the lapping of the waves, the swell of the sea and you at the tiller...
So you did a very fine job with this song. And it has a nice chord progression too. I believe it is were you go to Em7.
Normally I hope there are vocals in it too, but in this song it was no drawback.
I also didn't hear any ooh or aah, but maybe that pedal steel was in the way (for my ears).

I enjoyed your song very much,
Hans
Posted By: Desertphile Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar - 09/12/21 03:49 PM
Well gosh and thank you. I am writing a blues song, and it takes me many weeks to make it perfect. I did not add vocal to this instrumental because I did not have any lyrics ready, plus I do not wish to hear myself sing all night. :-)
Posted By: Desertphile Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar - 09/12/21 03:58 PM
Thank you. I love a weeping steel guitar in the background where it belongs. :-)
Posted By: Desertphile Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guityar - 09/12/21 04:09 PM
Night time is my favorite watches. The work to maintain watch at night is a bit more than during the day--- my mates depend upon me to keep themselves and the boat afloat.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar - 09/30/21 05:56 PM
Great entry to the forum.

Very atmospheric and engaging.

Cool choice of tracks too! Nice steel.

J&B
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: She Sat on my Pedal Steel Guitar - 09/30/21 08:19 PM
Very soothing and nicely done. Welcome to Band-in-a-Box and to the forum!
© PG Music Forums