PG Music Home
Posted By: Byron Dickens Princess of the Forrest - 09/19/21 01:08 PM

Character sketch of a sweet, perceptive, and curious little girl.

https://soundcloud.com/athanorsoundlabs/princess-of-the-forrest

Imported the melody & block chords into BIAB & played w/ different styles until I got it heading in the right direction.

Once I was largely satisfied, I brought the tracks into Cakewalk for editing. I simplified the piano LH & tidied up the strings some. I think it was in the B section where I swapped the string & piano parts. Then I split the strings into their individual instruments.

I didn't like what BIAB was giving me for variations on the melody in the middle part. Too fancy. So I ended up putting those in manually.

For the final output, I used the IK Brandenburg Piano and layered Spitfire's Intimate Strings and Cinematique's Zhillouette Strings together.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/19/21 01:43 PM
Byron,

A nice piece. Mixed nicely. The strings are quite nice. Have to say, I did not care for the sound of the piano - it seemed a bit "low end" (quality-wise) compared to the strings.

Welcome to the Showcase.

fj
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/19/21 04:55 PM
Byron,

This is very lovely work, especially with the strings! Lately I have developed an interest in classical music after having neglected it for so many years and I truly must say I enjoyed your work! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/19/21 05:33 PM
Very nice, sounds like you put a lot of work into this. As with others, the strings stood out to me as being particularly good. Excellent work!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/19/21 08:12 PM
Nice! I enjoyed the strings and play of the piano with strings. Changes are smooth and work well.
Posted By: rayc Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/19/21 08:27 PM
I think you may have overdone it with the left hand simplification...it sounds clunky, and on an occasional chord, a bit off.
Nice melody, the strings are busy and strong. The bottom end is dominated by the piano in a way that makes the low strings less defined - unless that's how you wanted them.
Nice bouncy piece.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/19/21 09:15 PM
Hi Byron,

You have put a lot of work into this lovely music.

I can definitely see it as a movie song track.

Well done.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Scott C Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/20/21 11:01 AM
Lovely soundscape. Well done
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/20/21 12:01 PM
Nice development, Byron. I really like how you created the interplay of strings.
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/20/21 04:26 PM
love that change at 37 secs.
very cinematic pretty song.
then it gets slow later on.
nice effort.
om
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Princess of the Forrest - 09/25/21 11:12 PM
A tasteful tidbit!
© PG Music Forums