PG Music Home
I've always loved the fingerpicking style of Merle Travis and Chet Atkins...and these are styles that lend themselves perfectly to gospel music especially acoustic gospel...Boom-chick is light and airey and a free and joyous syncopation...so I tried it with an older song of mine...you can be the judges as to whether it works well or not...I welcome your comments and suggestions...thanks for listening...Dan

BiaB components:
THISTLE.STY Thistle Train Fingerpicking
592 Bass Acoustic Bluegrass
3412 Guitar Acoustic Rhythm Old Time
2514 Guitar Acoustic Fingerpicking Boom Chick
2513 Guitar Acoustic Fingerpicking Boom Chick High Strung

https://soundclick.com/r/s7ugc6
I like this version a lot. The fingerpicking style does work with the song. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Not always a given that playing a gospel song in any one of a number of non traditional styles is going to work out. In this one, "He Cares for Me," by my standards, it definitely did work very well.
Hope to hear more in this vein by you and your group, Dan. You are on to something.
Very cool song. Super vocal. Acoustic background. Chet Atkins vibe. Super harmonies.. Well done
Charles, Ed and Scott...thanks guys for the thumbs up on "He Cares For Me"...I love this style of music and am glad you all thought it worked well here...I appreciate the feedback...Dan
Very nicely done. I really liked the harmonies too. Nice on the ears
Loved it.

Outstanding backing tracks and a great vocal; loved those harmonies. That boom-chick works extremely well. The lyrics took it over the top for my, they are so true!

Outstanding song.
Marty and Mario...thanks for your comments...very encouraging and appreciated...Dan
Nice one!

moto
Thanks moto...glad you enjoyed.
© PG Music Forums