PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Home (from "prodigal") - 10/12/21 02:22 PM
Over the past few weeks I've posted several songs from a project I did with my kids a few years back (prodigal)...this song is the climax of that story project...the prodigal son is finally home and his father accepts him there without condemnation or reservation...it is the expression of the joy that the prodigal feels at that time...I promise this is my final post from that project (maybe?)...Dan

FYI: This is my favorite project ever because my kids helped out...they both live +250 miles away and it was a sacrifice for them to do this...neither one of them are into the style of stuff I write (not thematically but stylistically) but their talents brought it home (no pun intended)...they did it for "dear old dad"...you got to love them for that (or at least I do)...and I do with all my heart.

https://soundclick.com/r/s7osdw

BiaB components:
1592 Bass
1761 Acoustic strumming
364 Acoustic fingerpicking

Vocals: Ian and Dan Simmons
I played everything else from my Yamaha Tyros 5
Key G...75 BPM
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/12/21 05:14 PM
Very good recording. The mix is wonderful. Well done lyrically and vocally. The band shines nicely.
Posted By: firesong Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/13/21 02:51 AM
Hey thanks...I appreciate your comments.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/13/21 01:00 PM
Hi Firesong,

Nice song and very well sung.

I particularly liked the middle 8.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Scott C Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/13/21 03:11 PM
Lovely song. These vocals are just awesome. So very well done
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/13/21 03:46 PM
What a wonderful and talented family. This song is superb. Great band and mix. The vocals really bring the shine to a new brightness. Illuminating song. Beautifully done, Dan.
Posted By: firesong Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/13/21 07:25 PM
Nigel, Scott and Marty...you guys are always great about leaving encouraging comments...thanks so much for the gracious words...I'm so glad you enjoyed 'Home'...this song means a lot to me for reasons.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/14/21 03:47 AM
Hi, Dan.

Strong vocal, sung with conviction. Good lyric and arrangement - does everything it needs to do, feels like closure.

Good work! laugh
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/14/21 10:49 AM
nice vocs mate.
like the way the song builds.
best
om
Posted By: Bawb Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/14/21 12:14 PM
Hi Dan,
Excellent vocals and outstanding harmonies.
The lyrics are a spot on take of the prodigal theme.
I think it's great that your children helped out. And for what it's worth, I believe that is one of the elements that made your harmonies sound so sweet (the fact that it was your own flesh and blood singing with you)
Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: firesong Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 10/14/21 02:52 PM
David, Justin and Bawb...thanks guys for your comments...Bawb, I agree 100%,there's no harmony like family harmony (in every sense of the word).
Posted By: firesong Re: Home (from "prodigal") - 11/10/21 04:31 PM
Originally Posted By: tyden.inioluwa
Great band and mix. The vocals really bring the shine to a new brightness. Illuminating song. Beautifully done, Dan.

Tyden...thanks so much for the kind comments...welcome to the forum...I see you haven't been posting very long...there's some really great writers, musicians, producers and artists on this site...enjoy!
© PG Music Forums