PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob4580 *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/17/21 03:10 AM
Hi all. Just playing around with a bluegrass riff.
I used a band in the box, held guitar chord for this.

All comments welcome.
Regards Rob 4580

Take Me Down

Take me down Bpm (122) Key (Dm)
(_BLUERIJ.STY (Blue Ridge Mountain Country Folk)

Lyrics
Please take me down where the wind don't blow.
Take me down where the mornings slow down.
Take me down where the waters flow down along the border
RealTracks in style: 2934:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm
Added Studio One Ampire - Electric guitar FX - Tremelo King
Redlight distortion and EQ

1. Reverse Banjo loop-Loop
2. Lead Vocal
3. Lead Vocal 2
4. BPM BELL - Crystal Formations Unify
5. BPM BELL - Crystal Formations Unify (2)
6. Reverse cymble-Loop
7. Guitar-Held chord - Band in a Box
8. DecentSampler -Choir-
9. Bjoe-fx - Loop
10.RealTracks in style: 2934:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Band in a Box
11. Addictive Drums 2 Plugin
12. Impact drums - Presonus
13. Shoty kick - Loop
13. Bass VB-ROWDY - Ujam - Plugin
14. Airy-Phaser-Lead - Airmusic - Plugin
15. Bass VB-ROWDY (2) - Ujam - Plugin
16. Synth banjo and bass
17. Ooo See 170 bpm FX F# min - Loop
18. 10 Impact - Tonal Synth Drop B flat - Loop
19. Vocals my self
Posted By: dcuny Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/17/21 03:21 AM
Short and interesting! smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/17/21 11:52 AM
Very cool video.
Cool rhythm and very nice effects, mysterious cinematic bluegrass tune - this could be a completely new genre. Great effort, I enjoyed the experiment.

Janne
Posted By: bluage Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/17/21 02:07 PM
Dear 'Rob4580'...

Your song has an exciting soundscape. The drum track sounded like something from the movie, 'Shaft'. And then, you laid down a riveting bluegrass banjo loop accompanied by haunting choral performances. It's a startlingly atmospheric combination of musical elements that is just as memorable for its brevity.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/18/21 10:53 PM
Thanks for listening David

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Short and interesting! smile
Posted By: rayc Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/19/21 12:31 AM
Definitely interesting, "cinematic" and cool.
Your voice well within it too. Nice to hear you treating that with the same experimental/modern ear as the instruments.
I was intrigued and not disappointed.
Posted By: Bawb Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/19/21 12:06 PM
Hi Rob 4580,

Well, I guess the main thing I can say about your song is it uses and old show biz trick...
Keep it short and leave them wanting to come back for more! I'm not really sure how else to describe your song, but it's definitely good! Catchy , well played and sung. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/20/21 07:54 PM
Thank you Scott.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool video.
That was a really well-done production. Great arrangement and composition. Enjoyed it a lot!

Best parts of the video was where you don't see musicians play because they were a bit out of sync.

Thanks a lot for sharing that little masterpiece!
Will
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/21/21 09:30 PM
Thank you, Janne.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Cool rhythm and very nice effects, mysterious cinematic bluegrass tune - this could be a completely new genre. Great effort, I enjoyed the experiment.

Janne
Interesting tune Rob. I liked it. Out of curiosity, what DAW did you use to put all of this together?

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/21/21 10:04 PM
Hello Pete.
Thanks for your comment.
Im using Studio One

Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Interesting tune Rob. I liked it. Out of curiosity, what DAW did you use to put all of this together?

Cheers

Mike B.
Yeah, I love everything about this!

Very original sound to these ears. Mix sounds great too.

Well done!
Posted By: rsdean Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/22/21 08:55 AM
Rob,

That was truly cinematic! Loved it and also love the way you are pushing your boundaries and music forward.

Excellent stuff!

Bob
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/22/21 07:55 PM
Hello Bluage.
I really appreciate your encouraging comment.
Thank you so much.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: bluage
Dear 'Rob4580'...

Your song has an exciting soundscape. The drum track sounded like something from the movie, 'Shaft'. And then, you laid down a riveting bluegrass banjo loop accompanied by haunting choral performances. It's a startlingly atmospheric combination of musical elements that is just as memorable for its brevity.
I've never heard of cinematic bluegrass, but that sure is heck what it sound like to me!!!! Really nicely done Rob!! Take care, Greg
Very cool, great experiment! Would like to hear a little more vocals next time. Fiery skeleton was terrific.
Noth'n wrong with a little blue grass!

Well done, nice video production.

moto
I'd never heard of cinematic bluegrass either but that didn't deter me really enjoying your song, production and the video. Very cool. I always like your vocals regardless of the genre of the song. Enjoyed listening.

Charlie
Very engaging tune, Rob, and a great video to show it.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/25/21 07:36 AM
Many thanks Janne.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: jannesan

Janne
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/25/21 09:30 PM
Thanks Ray.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Definitely interesting, "cinematic" and cool.
Your voice well within it too. Nice to hear you treating that with the same experimental/modern ear as the instruments.
I was intrigued and not disappointed.
Fascinating.

Sounds like something Bela Fleck might do.

Different, experimental and ultimately successful!

Kudos!

J&B
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: *New* Take Me Down - Cinematic Bluegrass - 10/27/21 07:44 PM
Hello Bawb.
Thank you for your comment.
Rob4580

Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Rob 4580,

Well, I guess the main thing I can say about your song is it uses and old show biz trick...
Keep it short and leave them wanting to come back for more! I'm not really sure how else to describe your song, but it's definitely good! Catchy , well played and sung. Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen.
Rob,

That had to be a very labor intensive project! You did such a good job in so many ways here! The video was excellent with all the syncing of the musicians with audio not to mention the audio track you put together! Oh and BTW the vocal was super! Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums