PG Music Home
Hi Forum friends. Been by a few times in the past few weeks and heard some great stuff!! Still need to catch up with other posts. This is a song that I created in BIAB, using a Bossa band. I never wrote a Bossa song before having BIAB, and the style has really inspired me. I will post the RTs and lyrics soon. I tried to post on Soundcloud but the site was not working for me. I have an account which it would not take me too.....irritating! So, here is the song on Youtube......apologies for having to hear the ads. Comments always appreciated! Take care. Greg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK6Abl36B3Y
I love the vibe you captured here. The vocals fit with the mood the music creates perfectly. Lovely vocal delivery. Nice lyrics. Great production and mix. Cool song. The band is cool too.
Greg

Lovely Michael Franks vibe - beautifully sung.

A relaxing pleasant and evocative listen.

Enjoyed.

Peter
Hi Greg,

This is another good song from you and well performed also.

Best Regards
Nigel
DANG!! It's going to be a great day when I see a new song posted by you, Greg. Your voice is always the best, and the Bossa style is perfect for it. Great band and arrangement. Excellent lyrics. Skipping the ads is hardly a steep price for admission. I'd seriously wait in line overnight for a front-row spot, man. You got to tell us more about that muted trumpet. She plays like she helped write the song.

Hey Greg,

This sounds great!

It sounds like you are trying to channel some Sting with the "fortress around my heart" allusion and also the guitar from "Fragile." The whole vibe really.

Am I correct??

smile
Posted By: Bawb Re: NEW SONG POST: Where your heart never goes - 10/19/21 12:50 PM
Hi Greg,

I've never really tried to write or sing to the Bossa band sound, but your song has a really appealing sound to it. It just feels like an autumn sounding tune. Your vocals are outstanding and smooth as butter. At times, it resembles the song Autumn Leaves, at least for me. It's the kind of song that would fit right in as the soundtrack for the closing credits of some melancholy movie from the 60's or 70's. Nice, enjoyable listen. Thanks for posting.
Greg,
Super tune. Shines through all of it's facets. Love Bossa and many inspired tunes by the genre. Excellent vocals. Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Bossa and your songwriting skills is a match made in heaven. And of course your velvet voice seals the deal. Love it, love it, love it. More bossa in the future, please!
Posted By: rayc Re: NEW SONG POST: Where your heart never goes - 10/19/21 06:06 PM
Lovely band but the voice & melody win again & again.
Sounds great, really enjoyed this. Your melody, lyric, and performance really fits the genre, well done.
The Bossa style is perfect for the melancholy in the lyrics and the music.
Great acoustic solo and the muted trumpet is another deeply touching element in the excellent palette of instruments.
I don't have words to describe the amazing quality of the vocals... simply a haunting song.

Janne
Posted By: dcuny Re: NEW SONG POST: Where your heart never goes - 10/20/21 04:10 AM
Lovely singing, good write, interesting rhymes, and some really cool things happening in the arrangement (like the muted trumpet and the nylon string guitars).

The end seems to cut off a bit early.

As usual, I really like this!
Wow, just beautiful, Greg!

Just a wonderful piece of music, loved it! smile
Lovely song Greg. Super vocal and lyric. Well done
Greg,

So beautiful and polished... Excellent song, arrangement and vocal.

Loved it!

Bob
Hi Greg,

This is a truly lovely song with top-quality vocals.

This is as good as anything I have ever listened to.

Truly professional music which I suspect will have commercial value.

Best of luck with all you do.

Billy
Your singing, as before, is smooth, pleasant, and expressive. You do a good job capturing the quality of your voice in the recording.

Nice song. Enjoyed it.
I have to echo the others..........vocals win!
Nice write and tasty groove.

moto
Greg,

BEAUTIFUL. (What a great title!!)

Killer vocal. (Like Janice...YOU should be a Star).

A gorgeous write. Lovely lyric and beautiful melody.

What a nice BAND! You use BIAB so well!! Like they built it so that your voice had the perfect vehicle.

Good mix.

Sweeeeeeet!

fj
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
I love the vibe you captured here. The vocals fit with the mood the music creates perfectly. Lovely vocal delivery. Nice lyrics. Great production and mix. Cool song. The band is cool too.

Thanks so much for your kind words!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Greg

Lovely Michael Franks vibe - beautifully sung.

A relaxing pleasant and evocative listen.

Enjoyed.

Peter

Thanks Peter! Just listened to one of yours today.......fantastic!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: RnAM Re: NEW SONG POST: Where your heart never goes - 10/23/21 06:49 PM
Hi Greg,

What a lovely song we came across, going some pages back. smile
Your vocals are outstanding, we are particularly impressed with the higher sections in the vocal and how easily you reach those notes.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Greg, this is absolutely fantastic. Great vocal! The mix was spot on; loved that muted trumpet and nylon string guitar.

I'm glad I caught this masterpiece.
Greg,

Beautiful song!
The melancholic melody touches my heart.
What a wonderful vocal anyway.
The bossa has a little Latin flavor, which makes the song even more exciting.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
This sounds, at times, like a mixture between a George Michael song ("Jesus to a Child" comes to mind) and a Sting song ("Desert Rose"?). You make it your own, though - and what a song - wow. Well done.
Wow, really smooth performance. Bossa fits you good. Enjoyed listening from start to finish.

Charlie
Cool bossa -- easy to imagine Diana Krall covering this.

Smooooth vocal and a fine band -- nice guitar.

Well done.

J&B
Hi Greg,

This is incredible!

I love bossanovas and you've really taken the genre and made it your own.

The bitter-sweet ambience created by the tempo, the chords, your superb melody and your exquisite singing is truly magnificent aural alchemy. It's the mixture of everything that adds together and creates something that's greater than the sum of the individual parts. Just wow!

Absolutely amazing stuff!

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Greg,

This is another good song from you and well performed also.

Best Regards
Nigel

Thanks so much for the kind words Nigel! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
DANG!! It's going to be a great day when I see a new song posted by you, Greg. Your voice is always the best, and the Bossa style is perfect for it. Great band and arrangement. Excellent lyrics. Skipping the ads is hardly a steep price for admission. I'd seriously wait in line overnight for a front-row spot, man. You got to tell us more about that muted trumpet. She plays like she helped write the song.

Thanks so much Marty!! You made my day with that review!! Heard a great one from you a day or two ago! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Greg,

This sounds great!

It sounds like you are trying to channel some Sting with the "fortress around my heart" allusion and also the guitar from "Fragile." The whole vibe really.

Am I correct??

smile

Thanks David! Not sure which "Fragile" that is. Definitely stole that line for Sting. Didn't plan it but it fit the verse perfectly so I went for it. Hearing some great stuff from you lately! Take care. Greg
Awesome stuff Greg!
Your vocals are always spot on and the jazzy instrument choices are excellent! This is a lovely piece! Thanks, Torrey
Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Greg,

I've never really tried to write or sing to the Bossa band sound, but your song has a really appealing sound to it. It just feels like an autumn sounding tune. Your vocals are outstanding and smooth as butter. At times, it resembles the song Autumn Leaves, at least for me. It's the kind of song that would fit right in as the soundtrack for the closing credits of some melancholy movie from the 60's or 70's. Nice, enjoyable listen. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the kind words Bawb!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Greg,
Super tune. Shines through all of it's facets. Love Bossa and many inspired tunes by the genre. Excellent vocals. Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks Misha!! Yeah, BIAB has really turned me onto Bossa.....one of the many things I love about this product!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Bossa and your songwriting skills is a match made in heaven. And of course your velvet voice seals the deal. Love it, love it, love it. More bossa in the future, please!

Thanks so much!! Yeah, there will be more Bossa in my future! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: rayc
Lovely band but the voice & melody win again & again.

Thanks so much Ray for the kind words!! Much appreciated! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Frankp
Sounds great, really enjoyed this. Your melody, lyric, and performance really fits the genre, well done.

Thanks for the listen and the kind comments Frank!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: jannesan
The Bossa style is perfect for the melancholy in the lyrics and the music.
Great acoustic solo and the muted trumpet is another deeply touching element in the excellent palette of instruments.
I don't have words to describe the amazing quality of the vocals... simply a haunting song.

Janne

Thanks so much Janne!! Heard a really nice one by you a few days ago! Take care. Greg
Greg, great job on this. That is a sweet mix and production. Very professional sounding. Crisp is what I was thinking as I listened. Keep it up. Mike
Posted By: Leon1 Re: NEW SONG POST: Where your heart never goes - 11/11/21 09:41 PM
Just lovely, Greg. Your gorgeous vocal is really well suited to the Bossa style. Pro quality all the way.
Regards,
Leon
Hello Greg
An exceptionally beautiful song
The vocals are with so much feeling
The melody is wonderful
And the artwork is mega
Really well done
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Very Very nice. So smooth. I'd like to capture that feel myself. Great job and excellent vocals !! Hope you get more views. I see it's distributed through CD Baby ! :-)
Greg ...

Just listened to "Lonely Again" and then mu eyes scanned down the page and saw this. How could I resist?

Di and I love Bossa and Latin Jazz. This is such a great representation for the Bossa genre. Truly lovely. You always leave my envious of your talent. Still smiling and feeling I'm on a beach in Brazil, and smooth drink in hand and blessed withy our voice. Yeah - it's that good.

Alan
© PG Music Forums