PG Music Home
Posted By: PROJECT M PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 10/23/21 01:58 PM
Life is like a puzzle made of numerous moments and memories.
Even the most beautiful puzzle eventually comes to an end
and offers a wonderful work of art called life.

Writing a song for a loved one is the most
beautiful thing in a musician's life.

Andi

Listen to THE WAY WITHOUT YOU

THE WAY WITHOUT YOU

You were the center
The Center of our life
You were always there for us…
and more

Having you as a mother
It was something great
And with you we were one
The great Four

1: When the Sky turned gray
The lights were shining
In those times the fate took over
Without a hint

2 : Your journey has only
just begun
Now you’re in a better place
and for us our sun

Nothing will be the same as it used to be
Letting go of you hurts, until our thoughts are free

We miss your laughing
Miss your closeness
Things that have made you out

And the time will
Will decide
What the way will look like now

The way without you
The way without you

You’ve rarely been lucky
Never moaned in your life
Not everything passed you without a trace
Oh no !!!

It’s a great feeling
Have given you something back
Your smile was a great reward
We let go

we carry your light in our hearts

****** Song Summary *************
Title: THE WAY WITHOUT YOU
File:MuddleV3 .SGU
Key=C , Tempo 110, Length (m:s)=5:11
104 bar intro, 36 bar chorus, from bar 105 to bar 140. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,RealDrums Changes,
Style is =POPPLTS.STY

RealTracks in song: 521:Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
RealTracks in style: 890:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopLite Ev 140
RealTracks in song: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~~405:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~~686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120
RealDrums in song: PopBouncy^2-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

THE WAY WITHOUT YOU
Lyrics & Music: Andreas Melzer
Vocals: Andreas Melzer
Acoustic guitar solo: Wolfgang Melzer
Additional acoustic rhythm guitar: Wolfgang Melzer
©2021 by PROJECT M
Posted By: Bawb Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 10/26/21 12:16 PM
Hi Andreas,

From what I cold hear of your song, it sounded great, through and through. The vocals, music arrangement and the lyrics that I was able to hear. Just a little advice, though... I am not too fond of "cookies" as your link posted wanted me to agree to cookies to listen to your whole song. Most people here have Reverb Nation or a Sound Cloud account. Also, posting the lyrics somewhere would also be really cool...
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 10/26/21 07:46 PM
Hello.
Thank you for the tip.
I thought the promolink works worldwide.
I can only test it from Germany.
There, for example, the Youtube link works fine.
But anyway. I have THE WAY WITHOUT YOU and HAPPINESS uploaded to Soundcloud and linked.
That should work now.
I hope you like the song.
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Very pretty song, and very passionate performance!!! Really emotionally moving!!! Great job with everything!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 10/26/21 09:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very pretty song, and very passionate performance!!! Really emotionally moving!!! Great job with everything!! Take care. Greg
Hi Greg.
Yes you are right. This was my most difficult song so far. Writing it was really hard.
Thanks for your words.
Andi ;-)
Hi Andi,

The song sounds quite promising - however the vocals are very far back in the mix. I would like to hear a remix with the vocals up front and the treble taken off them.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 10/27/21 07:27 AM
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Andi,

The song sounds quite promising - however the vocals are very far back in the mix. I would like to hear a remix with the vocals up front and the treble taken off them.

Best Regards
Nigel
Yes Nigel. That's right.
I was using a fairly inexpensive Marantz condenser microphone at the time. I have since replaced that with a Rohde NT1A. This is also not very expensive but has a much better sound. When I have time I will sing the song again.
Thanks a lot Nigel.
And thanks for the feedback.
Andi ;-)
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Andi,

Best Regards
Nigel

I listened to the song on SoundCloud and didn't have any issues hearing the lyrics. I agree with Greg's thoughts. Great job on the song.

Charlie
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 10/27/21 09:20 AM
Thank you Charlie. I am glad to hear that. Thank you very much.
Andi ;-)
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/22/21 08:02 AM
Hello Charlie
I had in the meantime on different devices also differences in the volume of the singing
But what exactly is the reason for that I honestly don't know either
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: rsdean Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/22/21 09:00 AM
Andi,

A very touching song... Nice job on this.

Bob
Andi,

Sounds good. Vocals work.

Nice arrangement - good build.

Good mix.

Wolfgang did a nice job on guitar.

fj
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/22/21 12:24 PM
Right from the intro The beauty of the message comes out in the music. Wonderful use of BiaB. You managed to blend them perfectly with Wolfgang's work, which is a perfect compliment to the energy of the song. The song has many interesting dynamics and builds nicely right to the end. Great idea on the double-tracking vocal. What a lift. Good production all the way, Andi.
Sweet lyrics.

Beautiful accompaniment.

I couldn't figure it out first until I read the tracks that the cool part I hear is the synth pad.

Good solo, Wolfgang.
Posted By: Al-David Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/23/21 01:44 AM
Hello Andi ...

A very nice and beautiful song. You selected some very nice backing tracks to support the vocal and lyric. Kt was a very nice listen. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Deej56 Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/23/21 04:17 PM
Andi,

This is really solid—well-penned and executed. Nice light touch on the synth in the pre-chorus and chorus. Like the doubled vocals on the chorus—they work well. Touchingly sad song. Great work on this.

All my best to you,

Deej
Beautifully written and passionately sung indeed.

A subject both of us can relate to.

Kudos to Wolfgang for the excellent guitar performances.

The arrangement and mix sounded fine to us (listening on KRK's).
All of the tracks sounded good and the piano was well chosen.

Well done ... in all aspects!

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/23/21 09:22 PM
Very pretty song. There was something very familiar in the tone of your vocal. The only thing I could think of was Supertramp. Very well done. Excellent backtrack and lyric. Guitar solo was excellent as well..
Andi,
Nice tune, very different from the last which I have heard. It is great that you can do songs with such a different contrast!
Solid arrangement, vocals and mix. Acoustic guitar solo was a nice touch! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. If you are open to comments, there are some plugins that do a decent job in automating "breath" control. I use one... It might benefit your vocals. Or just simply do it with volume automation.
Posted By: rayc Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/25/21 05:40 AM
Andi,
def work on the vocal processing...there's something a,little aggressive and annoying in them...could be some distortion.drive.saturation gone wrong.
there're a few spots where the English syntax or phrasing could be tweaked to a) avoid cliche and b) sounds more "1st language". The repetition of great and later of will within the same stanza for example.
At the moment the language sounds like the scorpions in the late 70s.
There's a lot to like about this and there's a lot of potential.
Oh, the solo seems to paraphrase another song...the name hasn't arrived in my head but it will. Oh, yes, it sounds, oddly, like the acoustic nylon string solo in Come Up & See Me, (Make Me Smile).
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/25/21 04:07 PM
Hello Bob
Thanks a lot
Glad you like the song
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/25/21 04:10 PM
Hello Floyd
thank you very much for your feedback
Glad that you like the song
Wolfgang was very happy about your nice words
Many thanks and greetings
Andi ;-)
It's nice to see that music is the universal language all over the world. I love the melody and the strings are superb. The acoustic guitar is excellent as well!!
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/27/21 03:49 PM
A lovely arrangement. Sweet sentiments. Touchy lyrics and nice vocal delivery. Good use of the band.

Good song.

p.s. Thanks for the listen and comments on my latest song. I appreciate it.
Posted By: dcuny Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/27/21 04:37 PM
Nice from the start. Well produced and emotionally sung. Very pretty and heartfelt.

The acoustic guitar is as a standout.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning, because telling someone how to sing or talk is a sensitive sort of thing. But if you re-record the vocals, there are a few words you may want to work on.

"Center" needs an /r/ added to the end, or it comes out as "Santa", which had me puzzled for a moment. It doesn't have to be a hard /r/ - you use the softer British /r/ instead - but it should be there.

On "without" and "nothing", you're devoicing the /th/, so it comes out as an /s/.

Anyway, I like this song a lot. Good job! laugh
Nice song, well sung. Great use of BIAB. Wolfgang is excellent. Good work all the way around.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 11/30/21 09:18 AM
Hello Ronnie
Thank you for your nice feedback
Nice that you like the song
You are right with music you can bring the most different people together to have joy together
Thank you very much!
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Good song!

Good production and I like the passion in your vocal. Also like the acoustic guitar work, adding a "real" player to a BIAB production always kicks things up a notch in my opinion.

Nicely done!
Thanks a pretty big sound!

Well done.

moto
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 02/09/22 09:21 AM
Hello Sean
Thank you for your warm feedback
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: bloc-head Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 02/09/22 11:39 AM
Good one Andi... heartfelt, passionate and sincere.
Andi,

I love the intro! Great sounding mix on a beautiful song! The expressive emotion of the vocal, especially in the chorus, is very effective! Your song always sound very good! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: RnAM Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 02/10/22 01:27 PM
Hi Andy and Wolfgang,

Such a sweet song!
We love the music and the guitars are great.
Very well sung, you can hear the emotion.
Yes, it's always difficult to sing about you loved ones.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: MarioD Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 02/10/22 01:39 PM
Andi, this is super. Great vocal! Your arrangement and mix are spot on, great work there. Nice guitar lead!

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: PROJECT M presents THE WAY WITHOUT YOU - 02/18/22 02:42 PM
Hello David
Thank you for your honest words
We had already talked about the pronunciation ;-)
There is still a lot to do
But it's nice that you like the song altogether
thank you very much
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
© PG Music Forums