PG Music Home
Posted By: Mike Wilhoit Song: It's Written In Black And White - 11/04/21 11:27 AM
This is a song I wrote quite a few years ago. With the modern recording capabilities that we have now, I wanted to update it. Everything is from BIAB except for the lead and background vocals. The choir vocal is from BIAB. The song has some pretty serious content so I would ask you to listen prayerfully. God bless you all! Mike Wilhoit

https://youtu.be/QKO1xx0ClDU
Posted By: firesong Re: Song: It's Written In Black And White - 11/04/21 02:21 PM
Mike...thanks for posting...first of all welcome to this forum so glad I get to be the first one to comment... great job on the mix in this piece...you did a great job with BiaB...you have a really nice voice...the BGV's are really sweet and sit well in the mix...super job on the vocal bridge...loved the song...the message is spot on...I appreciated it more on my second listen...love to hear more of your stuff...Dan

Suggestions:
Always list your lyrics someplace for us to see, follow and appreciate.
List the components of BiaB that you use (style, real tracks, etc.)others may want to incorporate them in their material.
Be sure to comment on other people's songs as well...a forum is about giving and receiving...welcome!
Thanks, Dan! I appreciate the kind words. Like you, I'm trying to put the Good News in song. I will have a hard time knowing the styles I've used. I usually grab from several on each song. I bring them into Cakewalk by Bandlab and try to get the mix that brings the song to life. I've listened to a couple of your songs. Really well done!!!!! Mike
Man, what a good song. The mix is nice too. Great message as well.
Thank you!!! Mike
as an ex choirboy i feel .....
nice lyrics.
would have loved to hear a choir backing you up in the choruses mike as hinted at by the bgv's.
well done. nice song.
best to you mike.
om
Thanks very much. I put some of the BIAB choir on the last chorus. I would love to hear a real choir singing on it. Thanks for listening and for your input. God bless you! Mike
What an excellent production!

Great vocal that is delivered convincingly.

You must have some good video software for the green screen.

I enjoyed the song!
Thanks very much. The video software is Vegas pro 18. Some of the videos don't turn out as good as that one but I'm getting a little better. God bless you! Mike
Dan, I have listened to Prodigal several times, today. It is tremendous. I shared it on my Facebook page. What a blessing! Mike
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Song: It's Written In Black And White - 11/05/21 10:30 AM
A hearty welcome to the forum, Mike. What a great song. Such an uplifting feeling that makes us walk a bit taller. Excellent lyrics and very well sung. Mix is perfect. Man, you did an excellent job of building this song. Great use of BiaB.
Marty, thank you so much for the welcome and the kind words on the song. I look forward to putting some more of my songs on here. This is a great place for us to showcase our music and see some of the capabilities of BIAB. There is a lot of talent on this site! God bless you! Mike
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Song: It's Written In Black And White - 11/05/21 11:51 AM
Mike,

A nice use of BIAB. A pleasant listen.

The video, though "simple", is impressive (green-screen-wise).

Welcome to the Showcase.

fj
Thanks for listening and for your kind words! I look forward to listening to all the great talent here and I will post more of my songs. God bless you!!! Mike
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Song: It's Written In Black And White - 11/05/21 01:23 PM
Hello Mike
This is really a nice song with
a great melody
Very well sung
Great that you are here
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Nice song.
I liked the video treatment.

moto
Posted By: Bawb Re: Song: It's Written In Black And White - 11/07/21 01:27 PM
Hi Mike,
Great Song, all around! the lyrics are well-written and have real/heart felt meaning. Catchy hook, and the music suits it well. Also sung true sincerity. Truly a song that is needed in our time!
Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the listen.
© PG Music Forums