PG Music Home
Such A Heavenly Woman on Soundcloud
Such A Heavenly Woman on YouTube

A song about the best in a relationship. wink You know how you start playing some chords, and words start to come out of your scatting hums? “Such a heavenly woman” came out, and a bit of sarcasm was added, then voilà. I must be a helluva man.

Style is _TXBLZPN.STY (Texas Blues Rock w/ Piano)

RealTracks in song: 1263:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningSync Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1718:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockStraightBrent Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
Loop in Song: Drums\RockTexasBlues^01-QKLsHt,QKCrRd
Loop in Song: Loops PAK 1\Jazz\Drums, Acoustic, JazzPopSnapsClapsB Sw 120.wav
RealDrums [in style:BluesRockEv^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat

Blue Attitude's DAVE BELL lead guitar. Me bass and vocals

Such A Heavenly Woman

Intro: You're such a heavenly woman, I must be a helluva man.

Every time we have a fight I try to see the wrong we do.
I'm grateful for your guiding light that always points to why and who.

CH: You're such a heavenly woman, I must be a helluva man
who likes opposing attractions much like the yin and the yang.

Angel, if you ever die, I know I wanna be right there
to see if you would flit to fly or float off in the air somewhere. Cuz

CH: You're such a heavenly woman, I must be a helluva man
who likes exploring distractions such as sailing off in the sand.

BR: Why, every time that I suggest we could fly off into town,
I like to watch when you get dressed if your wings tuck in your gown.
Don't look down. SOLO

Ever since your silhouette came into my asile of view
I know that I will not forget your halo shining through. So it's true?

CH: If you're such a heavenly woman, well then I must be a helluva man
who likes supposing in fractions like there's still some yin in all yang.
Marty,

FUN! FUN! FUN!

A Great! mix. This truly captures a the-band-had-the-BEST-time-doing-this feeling. Not an easy thing to pull off in this digital world of ours.

Love the title. Well written. More fun!

Excellent vocals. (your best, I think). AAAHHHH that BASS!!!! The Drums are really in-the-slot.

Dave's guitar work fits perfectly. The solo is interesting - the group of notes starting at 1:50...coooool. The fills are EXCEPTIONAL.

So Much Fun. Loved it.

fj
Music that makes me smile, light and catchy feel-good pop song with witty lyrics. Excellent package: the band, Dave's soloing, nice bassline, great vocals and enjoyable background vocals. There's lots of yin in this yang.

Janne
Hello Marty
The song is really great
BiaB really super exploited
Great vocals and good guitar solo
The video is impressively good
A song you like to listen to
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Big Fun!
Some creative lyrics, vocals well done and that guitar is bad [*****] as usual.

moto
Marty

That was a lot of fun. Nice video and a super catchy song.

Beautifully played and sung by you and Dave adds the icing to the cake.

Entertaining goodness.

Peter
Marty...great song...stylistically one of my favorites...you're right about the lead guitar...and your vocals are so tight...love the sense of humor that you write with...You write and sing with a light-heart, the best place to come from...you're music is so good and great to listen to...O, by the way great "hook"...Dan
Best song you've ever done here, IMHO. Simple, but made for radio. Great package all the way around. Way to go!
You got that right, Marty. Mr. Bell's lead just iced it!
ACE.
The bvox are impressive.
Dave rings the bell - as usual.
A top package and a really well written, punny lyric.
Hi Marty and Dave,

That was a helluva song, man!
And the same for the solo!

It is a very nice song, with lots of energy in it. Especially towards the end of the song. I liked that very much!

The mix itself is also very good (in my ears), so I think you have a winner with this song, a helluva winner!!

Hans
Ps: I wasn't able to get my compliments on Soundcloud, only a 'like' was possible. But a helluva LIKE!
Marty,

Everything you put out is always done so well! You are an excellent song writer and one of the best bassists around. That bottom end always does the job and sounds good! Great vocals and you can never go wrong with Dave on guitar...you both are pro's!!!

Thanks, Torrey
Marty,

That’s a helluva hook! Great write, wonderful arrangement and production. Love the harmony on “Don’t look down”—very cool. Dave’s guitar solo slays—just perfect for the song. Excellent collaboration, gents. Great listen!

Stay safe, stay well, both of you.

Deej
Nice (country) rocker. I went with the video (I like the videos you do).

Gold star lyrics:

"You're such a heavenly woman, I must be a helluva man"

That's a hook line that half of the writers in Nashville would give their left legs for.

Dave sounded outstanding. The band knew the tune well.

Good one.
nice song...cute vocal hooks.
really liked the arrange of the ending.
good lyrics.
i detect you had lots of fun in this one.
best
om
Very cool lyric Marty. Loved the backtrack. Super vocal. Loved how Dave weaved in at out around the vocal. His solo was outstanding. Just love your waling basslines. Lays such a cool groove to the song. Well done
Sounds like you had a lot of fun creating this enjoyable track. It fires on all cylinders, and smoothly at that. Very catchy chorus. Well done.
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Marty,

FUN! FUN! FUN!

A Great! mix. This truly captures a the-band-had-the-BEST-time-doing-this feeling. Not an easy thing to pull off in this digital world of ours.

Love the title. Well written. More fun!

Excellent vocals. (your best, I think). AAAHHHH that BASS!!!! The Drums are really in-the-slot.

Dave's guitar work fits perfectly. The solo is interesting - the group of notes starting at 1:50...coooool. The fills are EXCEPTIONAL.

So Much Fun. Loved it.

fj

Yes, FUN! Thanks, Floyd

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Music that makes me smile, light and catchy feel-good pop song with witty lyrics. Excellent package: the band, Dave's soloing, nice bassline, great vocals and enjoyable background vocals. There's lots of yin in this yang.

Janne

Haha. Thanks, Janne. Yes, Yin is dominant no matter how loud Yang tries to be. {Like what you said about the Zombie Superhero need. hehe]

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Marty
The song is really great
BiaB really super exploited
Great vocals and good guitar solo
The video is impressively good
A song you like to listen to
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Hi, Andi. Thanks for the listen and comments. I see there are a few of yours I didn't hear yet on the forum. Next stop.

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Big Fun!
Some creative lyrics, vocals well done and that guitar is bad [*****] as usual.

moto

Thanks, Moto. Dave adds credibility to my songs. They would sound rather bland without him
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Marty

That was a lot of fun. Nice video and a super catchy song.

Beautifully played and sung by you and Dave adds the icing to the cake.

Entertaining goodness.

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I remember how I was blown away with how Dave handled the Bridge when he sent me the track. My favorite part of the song.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Marty...great song...stylistically one of my favorites...you're right about the lead guitar...and your vocals are so tight...love the sense of humor that you write with...You write and sing with a light-heart, the best place to come from...you're music is so good and great to listen to...O, by the way great "hook"...Dan

Wow, Dan!! Such kind words. Thanks so much. HUGELY encouraging. So glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Best song you've ever done here, IMHO. Simple, but made for radio. Great package all the way around. Way to go!

Thanks, TuneMonger. Your words are as inspirational as your music.

Originally Posted By: edshaw
You got that right, Marty. Mr. Bell's lead just iced it!

Right? Dave definitely brings this to a much higher level. Thanks for the listen and the comment, Ed.
Hey Marty, good stuff. Dave did some really good guitar playing. Fun song!

Billy
Marty & Dave

Fun, light spirited tune. Excellent playing from both of you. Unexpected cool intro, makes you dive into the tune from first seconds. Excellent vocals, harmonies and FX. Smooth listen. Enjoyed it and thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Marty and Dave, what a helluva song, top shelf all the way.

Everything about this is top class musicianship.

Great vocal, guitar leads, lyrics, and mix.

Two thumbs up from one helluva man.

PS - my wife is an angel.
This is a great write. Great set of lyrics and lots of melodic hooks.

Vocal is superb.

Yeah, that guitar is hot too!

Loved this one. Hit material.
Helluva song, Marty. Really enjoyed it. Great vocal and Dave's guitar is excellent, as always.
Regards,
Leon
Originally Posted By: rayc
ACE.
The bvox are impressive.
Dave rings the bell - as usual.
A top package and a really well written, punny lyric.

Yeah, about those BGVs... I cheated. The only time I had to record them was in the early morning. That, and the fact that I'm at least a step and a half older, made me desperate to do it. I just refashioned the low harmony track with Melodyne, and created the high guy. Man, you should hear that track by itself. Blended and hidden in the mix barely makes it passable.

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Marty and Dave,

That was a helluva song, man!
And the same for the solo!

It is a very nice song, with lots of energy in it. Especially towards the end of the song. I liked that very much!

The mix itself is also very good (in my ears), so I think you have a winner with this song, a helluva winner!!

Hans
Ps: I wasn't able to get my compliments on Soundcloud, only a 'like' was possible. But a helluva LIKE!

Thanks, Hans. That's a helluva nice comment. I wasn't sure how that ending was going to work out, so thanks.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Marty,

Everything you put out is always done so well! You are an excellent song writer and one of the best bassists around. That bottom end always does the job and sounds good! Great vocals and you can never go wrong with Dave on guitar...you both are pro's!!!

Thanks, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey. What a huge compliment to one of your biggest fans.

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Marty,

That’s a helluva hook! Great write, wonderful arrangement and production. Love the harmony on “Don’t look down”—very cool. Dave’s guitar solo slays—just perfect for the song. Excellent collaboration, gents. Great listen!

Stay safe, stay well, both of you.

Deej

Thanks so much, Deej. In the video I like how the owl looks down when told not to. You're so right about Dave. What a talent.

No doubt you are a helluva man ... but hopefully not as depicted at the end of the video smile

Upbeat FUN sums up this entire production.

Sometimes cool is, well, really cool -- not perfunctory -- and this is it!

Lyric, vocals, video, band, Dave's axe, THAT bass and the mix are all hittin' the note.

As Janice said, we hope you enjoyed making it as much as we enjoyed watching and listening.

J&B
Hi Marty,

that's the kind of song one simply can't escape from. It's HUGE fun. Getting a love song together which is sparkling with such easeness is something I absolutely admire. The lyrics are sooooo nice and you sing them with such merriness, that there's no doubt that you must be one of the luckiest guys araound.

And I think I know who this song about smile

And it definitely sounds great - fine backing track, well mixed.

Love it !

Take care of that heavenly woman, you helluva guy.

Stefan
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Nice (country) rocker. I went with the video (I like the videos you do).

Gold star lyrics:

"You're such a heavenly woman, I must be a helluva man"

That's a hook line that half of the writers in Nashville would give their left legs for.

Dave sounded outstanding. The band knew the tune well.

Good one.

Thanks, jptjptjpt. So glad you got hooked. Those Nashville cats are likely all good hoppers. Yes, Dave did an amazing job, especially considering this is not his style.

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
nice song...cute vocal hooks.
really liked the arrange of the ending.
good lyrics.
i detect you had lots of fun in this one.
best
om

Om, m'man. Thanks so much. And I have a ton of fun listening to your humorous wit, too.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool lyric Marty. Loved the backtrack. Super vocal. Loved how Dave weaved in at out around the vocal. His solo was outstanding. Just love your waling basslines. Lays such a cool groove to the song. Well done

Thanks a lot, Scott. I can't say enough about Dave.

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Sounds like you had a lot of fun creating this enjoyable track. It fires on all cylinders, and smoothly at that. Very catchy chorus. Well done.

Thanks, Ghostgum (and I love that handle by the way).

Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Hey Marty, good stuff. Dave did some really good guitar playing. Fun song!

Billy

Thanks, Billy. Yes he did.
Thanks to everyone that mentioned my small part in this very cool song, it's always a pleasure to work with Marty.
Tee-hee-hee :-))) SUPERB!!!!! Bravo!!! :-)

What would be the point in analysing this? It's wonderful from every technical and musical aspect, AND you've put a massive smile on my face. Why analyse any further? Bravo :-)
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Marty & Dave

Fun, light spirited tune. Excellent playing from both of you. Unexpected cool intro, makes you dive into the tune from first seconds. Excellent vocals, harmonies and FX. Smooth listen. Enjoyed it and thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks, Misha. The challenge for me on that abrupt beginning was removing the count-in. hehe.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Marty and Dave, what a helluva song, top shelf all the way.

Everything about this is top class musicianship.

Great vocal, guitar leads, lyrics, and mix.

Two thumbs up from one helluva man.

PS - my wife is an angel.

Haha, Mario. You are a devilish dude. THANKS!!

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
This is a great write. Great set of lyrics and lots of melodic hooks.

Vocal is superb.

Yeah, that guitar is hot too!

Loved this one. Hit material.

Thanks, Scott!! Very encouraging comment.

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Helluva song, Marty. Really enjoyed it. Great vocal and Dave's guitar is excellent, as always.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks, Leon. As always, Dave comes through with just the perfect touch to bring each song to it's highest potential.
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

No doubt you are a helluva man ... but hopefully not as depicted at the end of the video smile

Upbeat FUN sums up this entire production.

Sometimes cool is, well, really cool -- not perfunctory -- and this is it!

Lyric, vocals, video, band, Dave's axe, THAT bass and the mix are all hittin' the note.

As Janice said, we hope you enjoyed making it as much as we enjoyed watching and listening.

J&B

I was a "nice" helluva man until sarcasm crept into the lyrics. Glad you guys shared in my enjoyment.

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Marty,

that's the kind of song one simply can't escape from. It's HUGE fun. Getting a love song together which is sparkling with such easeness is something I absolutely admire. The lyrics are sooooo nice and you sing them with such merriness, that there's no doubt that you must be one of the luckiest guys araound.

And I think I know who this song about smile

And it definitely sounds great - fine backing track, well mixed.

Love it !

Take care of that heavenly woman, you helluva guy.

Stefan

Hi, Stefan!! Thanks so much. You are so right about Barb being the object of my affection, and she IS an amazing angel to so many. Mother Theresa had nothing on her except the habit. The lyrics in this song, however, are more about the tragic mistake I could've made if I didn't find her. wink

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Thanks to everyone that mentioned my small part in this very cool song, it's always a pleasure to work with Marty.

You're welcome, Dave. I must have mentioned how brilliant your contribution was many many times here and elsewhere. Your ability to play so many different styles is extraordinary.

Originally Posted By: musician17
Tee-hee-hee :-))) SUPERB!!!!! Bravo!!! :-)

What would be the point in analysing this? It's wonderful from every technical and musical aspect, AND you've put a massive smile on my face. Why analyse any further? Bravo :-)

Haha. Thank you, James. It means a lot.
Hey Marty - Dave, too ...

A fun song that made my ears smile - not easy to do, ya know! Great lyric, band and production. And Dave mentioned earlier his was a "small part". That great guitar playing is, by no definition, just a small part tasty! Two pros doping super-pro work. Best to both of you ...

Alan
Marty / Dave,

You make some great sounds! This is one of my favorites from both of you.

Awesome stuff!

Bob

Great!

Ha ha ha!

Love hook man. Funny!

Great work y'all!
Marty,

YOU WROTE A SING-ALONG !! You know how hard that is !! smile So cool to write something like this. A lot of folks have tried to write a sing-along but you nailed it on this. If I was singing this I would call everyone out when I got to the hook and invite them to sing along. Cheers man. Good Job !!
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Marty - Dave, too ...

A fun song that made my ears smile - not easy to do, ya know! Great lyric, band and production. And Dave mentioned earlier his was a "small part". That great guitar playing is, by no definition, just a small part tasty! Two pros doping super-pro work. Best to both of you ...

Alan

Hey, thanks, Alan. I missed you, man.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Marty / Dave,

You make some great sounds! This is one of my favorites from both of you.

Awesome stuff!

Bob

Wow, thanks, Bob!!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Great!

Ha ha ha!

Love hook man. Funny!

Great work y'all!

hehe Thanks, David!

Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke
Marty,

YOU WROTE A SING-ALONG !! You know how hard that is !! smile So cool to write something like this. A lot of folks have tried to write a sing-along but you nailed it on this. If I was singing this I would call everyone out when I got to the hook and invite them to sing along. Cheers man. Good Job !!

Ah, yes, Henry. The live version. We'd extend the end and get the whole crowd involved. Thanks for the dream, buddy.
Love it Marty!!! AND Dave of course!! Fun lyric and great vocals!! Some of the harmonies sound kind of Beatlish to me!!

Love this:

Take care. Greg
Marty,

Big fun.
A super catchy song!
Great vocals and good guitar solo.
I agree with Torrey.
You are an excellent song writer and one of the best bassists around.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Love it Marty!!! AND Dave of course!! Fun lyric and great vocals!! Some of the harmonies sound kind of Beatlish to me!!

Love this:

Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. Flit seemed an odd word to use, but I'm a sucker for alliteration.

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Marty,

Big fun.
A super catchy song!
Great vocals and good guitar solo.
I agree with Torrey.
You are an excellent song writer and one of the best bassists around.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Wow, thanks, Shigeki Adachi. That's a huge compliment coming from you two guys.
© PG Music Forums