PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane Something To Prove - 11/13/21 12:12 PM
It used to be in order to be considered good at something, you had to prove yourself.
A show-your-work thing.
These days, all you have to do is tell people over and over and over how good you are...that you are an expert.
The BS is piled so high no one can see over it.

The BAND (showing their work)
Style is _PWPOWER.STY (Praise&WorshipGuit&Piano[120RS])
RealTracks in style: 1523:Bass, Electric, PopPowerA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1535:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPowerPushA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1529:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerBrightA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1526:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerPushA-B Ev 120
RealDrums in style: PraiseWorshipPowerPush^1-a:Qck, b:PHt
RealTracks in song: 698:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120 (A:muted)
RealTracks in song: 1167:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockBalladBrent Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1169:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent Ev 120

SOMETHING TO PROVE

how many years since you climbed that hill
yet here you are, bragging still
we all know your story well
it gets a little deeper with every tell

spitting out someone else's words
rehashing something that you heard
repeated enough that you believe
you earned the right to wear it on your sleeve

big man, big talk
   never actually made that walk
   i paid my dues out on these streets
   i know a liar, i know a cheat
   god knows what you'll claim next
   it's anybody's bet
   if you've got something to prove
   you ain't proved it yet

ready with excuses for
why they never let you in that door.
guarded like some precious vault
sure as hell that ain't your fault

you tell us how things should be done
you know what's right you know what's wrong
but shown the truth you get offended
the life of a party you never attended

big man, big talk...

back in the day
a conquering hero, so you say
self-made, center stage
ah, weren't you all the rage

big man, big talk...

Comments encourged.
Expertise welcomed.
Have at it.

fj
Posted By: musician17 Re: Something To Prove - 11/13/21 01:13 PM
Brilliant. Hard-hitting, modern-sounding and biting (in the best way) lyrics. YES!!!

I was hoping for a fast-paced piece from you, because you are superb at ballads - and I hadn't heard a faster-paced song from you for a while (my fault, not yours!). This is wonderful and more. A joy to hear - thanks - and yes, you've proved yourself once more as one of the best singers and songwriters I am aware of. Bravo.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Something To Prove - 11/13/21 02:45 PM
After a song like that you really don't have Something To Prove...you already did. I mean, damn! I've heard those drums before, but the way you processed them, I've never heard THOSE drums before!

That was insanely powerful. Love it.

Quote:

If this doesn't set the stage beyond the song in so few words...brilliance!

Quote:

shocked In a song full of zingers, this zung(?) the most for me. It put a HUGE smile on my face!

Great choice of hiring a session guitarist for the solo. Wait a minute...ya could of fooled me! Executed so well!

And about that bridge. Perfect change of feel for this song. It created and interesting new direction without sounding at all out of place. It's like the bridge I wanted to hear, but didn't know it until I heard it.

One other little note about the bridge. You really had a great song bridge that was thematically burning a bridge simultaneously. That's next level my friend!

MY WORRY-I hope this song isn't about me! eek smirk

In my first listen, it was already stuck in my head. This is a powerful example of excellently written, performed and produced song.

Amazed again, yet not surprised. The expectation is always there and exceeded.

Thanks for sharing this jaw dropping example!
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Something To Prove - 11/13/21 02:57 PM
Hello Floyd
Wow !!! What is this for a good rock song ?
There you have to immediately turn up the volume full.
The song is just fun
Since you have hit the bull's eye with me (do you say that with you at all so ???)
Full score Floyd
Gladly more of it
Thanks a lot
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: firesong Re: Something To Prove - 11/13/21 03:48 PM
Floyd...great in your face song...reminds me thematically of "Get Over It" by the Eagles for some reason...super vocal, harmonies and band...really enjoyed...Dan
Posted By: PeterF Re: Something To Prove - 11/13/21 05:36 PM
floyd

Amazing! The big vocal sound alone is worth the price of admission.

This should be on the PG Music sampler disc!

Great write, performance, mix, lyric and the overall production shines.

That's certainly how it's done.

Peter
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Something To Prove - 11/13/21 06:56 PM
Wonderful recording. Excellent song. A Bruce type song and the band sounds like the E Street Band to boot. Outstanding vocal delivery. Nice work.

Great line:

"the life of a party you never attended"
Posted By: rayc Re: Something To Prove - 11/13/21 07:29 PM
I haven't heard your voice stride like this before.
There's an excellent clarity and edge to the annoyed fj.
Good use of analogies.
The band keeps up the pace and the snare thumps the table to make the point.
Excellent writing, ace narrative, terrific arrangement and, a wonderful vocal performance.
A song that can be aimed, Woody Guthrie style, at many folk high n low.
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Something To Prove - 11/13/21 08:48 PM
fj.
like the simplicity of the song start, and then the build up.
as always v v nice vocs. like the subtle voc doubles.

i like that lyric bout 'big man big talk etc..'
EXCELLENT BGV's at 2m14 secs etc. very well done mate.
and then the way the lead comes in etc..nice.
classic nice ending.

best to you.
om
Posted By: dcuny Re: Something To Prove - 11/14/21 05:24 AM
That was a blast to listen to! laugh

Love the snark.

That pretty much covers it.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Something To Prove - 11/14/21 10:48 AM
Oh, yes, I see the moniker of "Expert" here above my avatar and cringe. Actually I think I could more easily prove that I'm not. As for Floyd Jane --haha. I remember someone once telling me that if you can't catch a producers attention in the first 15 seconds, you're time is up. It wouldn't take anyone more than 5 seconds to be totally taken away by your magic. Of course you're not talking about you in this song, and I totally agree with your sentiment.

Man, your vocal always shows why it deserves center stage. This is a wonderfully aggressive song that is perfect for the lyrics, and you belt it out with such a strong feeling. Your songs --this one included-- always have a cool story that is brought out so very well with the lyrics and music. Your songs are permanently installed on my phone and are my go-to travel tunes. Not sure what that proves, but it's not uncommon for someone next to me at a traffic light to smile and nod to the groove.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Something To Prove - 11/14/21 11:09 AM
Hi Floyd,

I think it was about time to write these lyrics - and as everybody would have expected you wrote them extremely well. You're so right, man. And don't you think that this is a special American phenomenin...

Great uptempo rocker (was surprised to see they were P&W styles), as always remarkably well sung - you just hammered your anger and scorn all out. Superb.

Stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/14/21 01:01 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
Brilliant. Hard-hitting, modern-sounding and biting (in the best way) lyrics. YES!!!

I was hoping for a fast-paced piece from you, because you are superb at ballads - and I hadn't heard a faster-paced song from you for a while (my fault, not yours!). This is wonderful and more. A joy to hear - thanks - and yes, you've proved yourself once more as one of the best singers and songwriters I am aware of. Bravo.

Appreciate that, James...
Posted By: rsdean Re: Something To Prove - 11/14/21 06:42 PM
Floyd,

Great song! Love the rock edge. Your vocal is awesome as always.

Big hard-hitting mix. Excellent!!!

Bob
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Something To Prove - 11/14/21 10:18 PM
These days, all you have to do is tell people over and over and over how good you are...that you are an expert.

I like that just as much as the lyrics........which I like A LOT!!!!

I love songs that just spit attitude!!!!!.......sometimes you just gotta let it out, and nobody can do that any better than you my friend!!!! I find it cathartic to hear you sing this!!!! Everything done perfectly!!!! You are D' MAN!!!!! Take care, Greg
Posted By: Bawb Re: Something To Prove - 11/14/21 11:42 PM
WOW Floyd Jane!
I believe you just became the country music version of Bruce Springsteen! Bruce Jane, Kinda has a nice ring to it??? Brilliant writing! Excellent use of the BIAB and playing. Honestly, I have to tell you, I think this is my favorite FJ song yet! I'd say that writer's block got busted. Kinda like Chuck Norris Karate chopping through a concrete block! Floyd Norris???

I can identify with all of the lyrics having spent 21 years in the Army. When you sang "you earned the right to wear it on your sleeve" I immediately thought of how many civilians used to brag that they would have been the toughest guy in the Rangers or Special Forces if they joined the Army. But they wouldn't let some drill sergeant tell them what to do...

Wow, You've really nailed this personality type!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Something To Prove - 11/15/21 12:12 AM
Cool lyric Floyd. Loved the hard driving backtrack. Another super vocal. Production was perfect. Well done.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Something To Prove - 11/15/21 03:41 AM
Floyd,

Dang, you just nailed this one. I think this might be the best write from you I’ve seen—so focused on the message, so tight. And then you add the great production, and a killer vocal. This is a hit song . . . or should be, IMHO. How do you get the BIAB drums to pop like that? I just can’t ever get them to shine like that. Love the guitar solo, love the sweet harmonies. Outstanding in every way!!!

My very humble regards,

Deej
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Something To Prove - 11/15/21 06:36 AM
Floyd,
Wow, great song and vocals!
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Something To Prove - 11/15/21 09:44 AM
Hmmm, the backstory inspiration behind this write could be entertaining as well I think... You've put it all together on this one, from the outstanding choice of instruments, the arrangement and top level production. A "little bit of" this song's antagonist really does go "a long way."

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/15/21 01:56 PM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
After a song like that you really don't have Something To Prove...you already did. I mean, damn! I've heard those drums before, but the way you processed them, I've never heard THOSE drums before!

That was insanely powerful. Love it.

Quote:

If this doesn't set the stage beyond the song in so few words...brilliance!

Quote:

shocked In a song full of zingers, this zung(?) the most for me. It put a HUGE smile on my face!

Great choice of hiring a session guitarist for the solo. Wait a minute...ya could of fooled me! Executed so well!

And about that bridge. Perfect change of feel for this song. It created and interesting new direction without sounding at all out of place. It's like the bridge I wanted to hear, but didn't know it until I heard it.

One other little note about the bridge. You really had a great song bridge that was thematically burning a bridge simultaneously. That's next level my friend!

MY WORRY-I hope this song isn't about me! eek smirk

In my first listen, it was already stuck in my head. This is a powerful example of excellently written, performed and produced song.

Amazed again, yet not surprised. The expectation is always there and exceeded.

Thanks for sharing this jaw dropping example!

smile

Been listening to Taylor Swift's re-release of Red. Most of those songs follow this type pattern. A bit of attitude...a bit of fun...
Glad the bridge worked for ya!
Keep those clouds in your coffee, cloud in your coffee...
smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/15/21 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Floyd
Wow !!! What is this for a good rock song ?
There you have to immediately turn up the volume full.
The song is just fun
Since you have hit the bull's eye with me (do you say that with you at all so ???)
Full score Floyd
Gladly more of it
Thanks a lot
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks, Andi. BIAB has an amazing amount of RealTracks and RealDrums to create a wide variety of Rock productions. We are only limited by our own imaginations...
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Something To Prove - 11/16/21 09:55 AM
Yes! I love it when you put on your rock hat, floyd wink

What a big, powerful sound! Love the kick.

Lyrics ring true, see that all the time over on fb with all the arm chair music experts who talk the talk but haven't actually walked the walk.

One of your best vocals I think.

Mix sounds great, always a treat to listen through the 'phones.

One of my favorites from you I think, loved it!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Something To Prove - 11/16/21 04:06 PM

Rockin' brother!

I hear ya with the message. Funny lyrics!!

Great, fun, entertaining song dude.

By the way, I have something to prove and I'm coming at ya soon with my new piano tune. I am having a blast on the pianer man. Thanks for getting me into it.

smile
Posted By: edshaw Re: Something To Prove - 11/16/21 04:14 PM
Seems Floyd always has something to say, and he says it with an honest, no holds barred quality. This one is destined to be in his top tier.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Something To Prove - 11/16/21 04:39 PM
Easily one of your better writes and sessions.

So much to like in this. I like the drums and glad to see it was P&W drums..... Nice treatment.

I like the vox.. Is there a slight chorus on the vox? I hear doubling but it sounds like some FX there too. Either way.... really good work.

I guess sleeping at the Holiday Inn Express isn't all it's cracked up to be although I have done it and I'm now a qualified expert in many areas of knowledge and skill as a result.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Something To Prove - 11/16/21 08:32 PM
Wow, that had an angry edge to it, caught me off guard. I like your rocking side, wouldn't mind hearing more songs like this. Great work as always.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/17/21 12:27 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Floyd...great in your face song...reminds me thematically of "Get Over It" by the Eagles for some reason...super vocal, harmonies and band...really enjoyed...Dan

Dan - nice to have you drop in for a listen & comment. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Amazing! The big vocal sound alone is worth the price of admission.

This should be on the PG Music sampler disc!

Great write, performance, mix, lyric and the overall production shines.

That's certainly how it's done.

Peter

Nice of you to say, Peter. Really appreciate that...
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Something To Prove - 11/17/21 10:27 PM
FJ,
ohh yeah, the power of conditioning...
Wow! That woke me up. Excellent message masterfully delivered! Such a big production. FJ, one of your best tunes this year hands down. Very rounded production. Ace vocals. Liked it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/18/21 11:54 AM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Wonderful recording. Excellent song. A Bruce type song and the band sounds like the E Street Band to boot. Outstanding vocal delivery. Nice work.

Great line:

"the life of a party you never attended"

Thanks, jpt3. Any time I use BIAB to do a more Rock-leaning song, it tends to have that Springsteen flavor. Kind of the "way I hear it". I think BIAB could be used a lot more for Rock than it is (at least here in the Showcase...)

Originally Posted By: rayc
I haven't heard your voice stride like this before.
There's an excellent clarity and edge to the annoyed fj.
Good use of analogies.
The band keeps up the pace and the snare thumps the table to make the point.
Excellent writing, ace narrative, terrific arrangement and, a wonderful vocal performance.
A song that can be aimed, Woody Guthrie style, at many folk high n low.

Thanks for the great comments, ray.

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
fj.
like the simplicity of the song start, and then the build up.
as always v v nice vocs. like the subtle voc doubles.

i like that lyric bout 'big man big talk etc..'
EXCELLENT BGV's at 2m14 secs etc. very well done mate.
and then the way the lead comes in etc..nice.
classic nice ending.

best to you.
om

Thanks, om...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/18/21 11:06 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
That was a blast to listen to! laugh

Love the snark.

That pretty much covers it.

HA!

smile
Posted By: Al-David Re: Something To Prove - 11/19/21 08:36 AM
Hey Floyd ...

So good to hear another masterpiece from you after my extended absence from the forum. I actually listened to part of it several days ago, but just now had the time to comment. Listened to it all the way through this time. Strong, powerful and catchy! The intro and vocals are what really caught my attention. Everything is terrific, but those two things shined slightly brighter than everything else for me. As always ... so well done!@

Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: jannesan Re: Something To Prove - 11/19/21 11:31 AM
Didn't expect such an angry rocker, but it is surprisingly good. The band works well and shows how good BIAB is also at creating heavier sounding rock. Catchy melody. Mixed nicely. The vocals deliver the message clearly, really feels like the story tells about a real big mouth person. The strong backing vocals together with the chord progression bring some nice memories of the 80's.

Janne
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/20/21 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Oh, yes, I see the moniker of "Expert" here above my avatar and cringe. Actually I think I could more easily prove that I'm not. As for Floyd Jane --haha. I remember someone once telling me that if you can't catch a producers attention in the first 15 seconds, you're time is up. It wouldn't take anyone more than 5 seconds to be totally taken away by your magic. Of course you're not talking about you in this song, and I totally agree with your sentiment.

Man, your vocal always shows why it deserves center stage. This is a wonderfully aggressive song that is perfect for the lyrics, and you belt it out with such a strong feeling. Your songs --this one included-- always have a cool story that is brought out so very well with the lyrics and music. Your songs are permanently installed on my phone and are my go-to travel tunes. Not sure what that proves, but it's not uncommon for someone next to me at a traffic light to smile and nod to the groove.

Marty - You write the best reviews!! HA! Much appreciated.
That "Expert" tag just shows up at some point on our avatars - simply by virtue of numbers. Kind of proves-the-point of the song, eh?
Of course, at some point they will label you a "Veteran". Does that mean "has been"??? I don't know...

smile smile smile

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Floyd,

I think it was about time to write these lyrics - and as everybody would have expected you wrote them extremely well. You're so right, man. And don't you think that this is a special American phenomenin...

Great uptempo rocker (was surprised to see they were P&W styles), as always remarkably well sung - you just hammered your anger and scorn all out. Superb.

Stay safe,

Stefan

Thanks for the nice words, Stefan!!!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

Great song! Love the rock edge. Your vocal is awesome as always.

Big hard-hitting mix. Excellent!!!

Bob

Bob - Thanks! as always...
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Something To Prove - 11/21/21 03:14 AM
floyd,

Powerful sound.
Gorgeous Vocals!
This Rock tune is very nice.
A majestic performance is delivered with the chord progression I - VIm - IV - V7, the royal road of pop music.
I think this is the area you are most good at.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/21/21 12:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

I like that just as much as the lyrics........which I like A LOT!!!!

I love songs that just spit attitude!!!!!.......sometimes you just gotta let it out, and nobody can do that any better than you my friend!!!! I find it cathartic to hear you sing this!!!! Everything done perfectly!!!! You are D' MAN!!!!! Take care, Greg

Thanks, Greg!! (We need to see more of you! around here...keep those great songs coming...)

Originally Posted By: Bawb
WOW Floyd Jane!
I believe you just became the country music version of Bruce Springsteen! Bruce Jane, Kinda has a nice ring to it??? Brilliant writing! Excellent use of the BIAB and playing. Honestly, I have to tell you, I think this is my favorite FJ song yet! I'd say that writer's block got busted. Kinda like Chuck Norris Karate chopping through a concrete block! Floyd Norris???

I can identify with all of the lyrics having spent 21 years in the Army. When you sang "you earned the right to wear it on your sleeve" I immediately thought of how many civilians used to brag that they would have been the toughest guy in the Rangers or Special Forces if they joined the Army. But they wouldn't let some drill sergeant tell them what to do...

Wow, You've really nailed this personality type!

Bawb - thanks for the great review. Appreciated...

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Cool lyric Floyd. Loved the hard driving backtrack. Another super vocal. Production was perfect. Well done.

Thanks, Scott!!!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Something To Prove - 11/21/21 07:03 PM
WOW! This has killer vocals, a spot on timely lyric and the band to go with them.

As others have mentioned this has a Springsteen feel to it and those drums are just awesome.

There are few accolades to add after reading all the preceding responses. Dittos to them all. Your use of BiaB tracks has always been a showcase on the showcase and this is no exception.

And, but assuredly not last, THAT MIX. Zero mud, every track has it's place on the soundstage but w/o sounding isolated. Magic.

Your artwork is so good!

You moved the bar into the stratosphere!

J&B
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/22/21 11:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

Dang, you just nailed this one. I think this might be the best write from you I’ve seen—so focused on the message, so tight. And then you add the great production, and a killer vocal. This is a hit song . . . or should be, IMHO. How do you get the BIAB drums to pop like that? I just can’t ever get them to shine like that. Love the guitar solo, love the sweet harmonies. Outstanding in every way!!!

My very humble regards,

Deej

Thanks for the really nice review, Deej.

I almost always treat the RealDrums the same way. Usually, I leave the reverb that is added by BIAB. I max out the volume. Then export the track. Import into Studio One Professional and add the prest S1 Drumgroup. It includes an EQ and a Multiband Compressor. Occasionally, I will bump up the high end of the EQ to add a bit more snap to the snare, but if that caused the hi-hats or cymbals to be "too crispy" I don't do that... And that is about it (except for setting the volume - which some folks tend to make too soft).

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Floyd,
Wow, great song and vocals!

Peter - it is always nice to have you weigh in on a song/production... HUGE thanks to YOU and your team for making this all possible.

Magic!!!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/22/21 11:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Hmmm, the backstory inspiration behind this write could be entertaining as well I think... You've put it all together on this one, from the outstanding choice of instruments, the arrangement and top level production. A "little bit of" this song's antagonist really does go "a long way."

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie. Your recall of past posts is always impressive...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/23/21 11:49 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yes! I love it when you put on your rock hat, floyd wink

What a big, powerful sound! Love the kick.

Lyrics ring true, see that all the time over on fb with all the arm chair music experts who talk the talk but haven't actually walked the walk.

One of your best vocals I think.

Mix sounds great, always a treat to listen through the 'phones.

One of my favorites from you I think, loved it!

Thanks, Dave! Can't ask for better comments than that!! smile

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Rockin' brother!

I hear ya with the message. Funny lyrics!!

Great, fun, entertaining song dude.

By the way, I have something to prove and I'm coming at ya soon with my new piano tune. I am having a blast on the pianer man. Thanks for getting me into it.

smile

David - thanks... cool new wild-man avatar!!!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/23/21 11:21 PM
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Seems Floyd always has something to say, and he says it with an honest, no holds barred quality. This one is destined to be in his top tier.

Thanks, ed...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Easily one of your better writes and sessions.

So much to like in this. I like the drums and glad to see it was P&W drums..... Nice treatment.

I like the vox.. Is there a slight chorus on the vox? I hear doubling but it sounds like some FX there too. Either way.... really good work.

I guess sleeping at the Holiday Inn Express isn't all it's cracked up to be although I have done it and I'm now a qualified expert in many areas of knowledge and skill as a result.

Thanks, Herb...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/25/21 08:54 AM

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Wow, that had an angry edge to it, caught me off guard. I like your rocking side, wouldn't mind hearing more songs like this. Great work as always.

Thanks tm
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/28/21 12:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ,
ohh yeah, the power of conditioning...
Wow! That woke me up. Excellent message masterfully delivered! Such a big production. FJ, one of your best tunes this year hands down. Very rounded production. Ace vocals. Liked it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Much appreciated, Misha.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Floyd ...

So good to hear another masterpiece from you after my extended absence from the forum. I actually listened to part of it several days ago, but just now had the time to comment. Listened to it all the way through this time. Strong, powerful and catchy! The intro and vocals are what really caught my attention. Everything is terrific, but those two things shined slightly brighter than everything else for me. As always ... so well done!@

Take care ...

Alan

Thanks, Alan. Good to see you back....

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Didn't expect such an angry rocker, but it is surprisingly good. The band works well and shows how good BIAB is also at creating heavier sounding rock. Catchy melody. Mixed nicely. The vocals deliver the message clearly, really feels like the story tells about a real big mouth person. The strong backing vocals together with the chord progression bring some nice memories of the 80's.

Janne

Thanks, Janne!!

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
floyd,

Powerful sound.
Gorgeous Vocals!
This Rock tune is very nice.
A majestic performance is delivered with the chord progression I - VIm - IV - V7, the royal road of pop music.
I think this is the area you are most good at.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - Thanks for the nice comments....

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
WOW! This has killer vocals, a spot on timely lyric and the band to go with them.

As others have mentioned this has a Springsteen feel to it and those drums are just awesome.

There are few accolades to add after reading all the preceding responses. Dittos to them all. Your use of BiaB tracks has always been a showcase on the showcase and this is no exception.

And, but assuredly not last, THAT MIX. Zero mud, every track has it's place on the soundstage but w/o sounding isolated. Magic.

Your artwork is so good!

You moved the bar into the stratosphere!

J&B

J&B - thanks fro mentioning the vocals and lyric and band...and Springsteen smile ...and the drums...
and the mix...AND the art work... and the bar

smile
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Something To Prove - 11/29/21 08:53 PM
Sounds like someone I'm related to. Also sounds like someone on the big stage...

Excellent rocker with all the right hooks in the chorus.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Something To Prove - 11/30/21 12:44 PM
floyd, your posts are always a showcase unto themselves. The write, the killer vocal, the shining production are all evidence of a master at the top of his game. An excellent rocker that shows what a powerful tool BIAB is in the hands of an expert. Great job, Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something To Prove - 11/30/21 01:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Sounds like someone I'm related to. Also sounds like someone on the big stage...

Excellent rocker with all the right hooks in the chorus.

Appreciate that, Scott...

Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, your posts are always a showcase unto themselves. The write, the killer vocal, the shining production are all evidence of a master at the top of his game. An excellent rocker that shows what a powerful tool BIAB is in the hands of an expert. Great job, Tom

Tom - thanks for the great comments!!
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Something To Prove - 12/01/21 01:50 AM
That rocks, Floyd. You've certainly proved over and over that you're damn good at this.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Something To Prove - 12/05/21 12:41 AM
As a world renowned expert, I'll have to give this two thumbs up wink

This one is a slight curve in the road you usually take.

It Rocks...........
But don't take it from me, I'm the only one who believes what I say wink

moto
Posted By: RnAM Re: Something To Prove - 12/05/21 02:14 PM
Hi Floyd,

This is a different Floyd again!
And what kind of Floyd.
This is a great rock song, just the one to play loud to let the neighbours enjoy it too!
We also love the lyrics.
Exclamation marks all over!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: CBO Re: Something To Prove - 12/06/21 07:45 AM
Enough has been said in the comments. Hard hitting song in all its aspects.
Why it is not on the charts is a mystery to me.

Regards

CBO
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Something To Prove - 02/07/22 10:58 PM
We have a lot to learn from you (at least I have). You have a clear talent to compose, arrange, mix, play, sing. This is really impressive! Although I'm not too much of a rock person, I have to say that this tune is catchy, vocals are great, powerful guitar and arrangement. I liked it a lot!
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Something To Prove - 02/08/22 09:25 AM
Hi Floyd,

I'm a bit late on the party I noticed, but it is very impressing to hear you proved yourself again!
I thought you already did, but you often outdo yourself and this is the underlining of it!
Very strong vocals, a fantastic rhythm and a strong band. What's more to say when all of this was already said?
Maybe; thanks for making this song (??)

Hans
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Something To Prove - 03/21/22 06:14 PM
Floyd,

I've been hearing this, and a lot of yours on PG Radio. You make it seem easy, 'cept, I know it's not. I listen to a lot of your stuff and am amazed at the arrangements and the production. You seem to be able to take almost anything someone says and make a good hook out of it. This one is one of my favorites. You sure give me something to shoot for. Keep 'em coming!
© PG Music Forums