PG Music Home
Posted By: musician17 Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/13/21 01:03 PM
Another one ... I'm not too sure of this one, but ... in absentia of something better, here it goes, anyway. Thanks for listening and for all feedback.

https://audiomack.com/jamesdelsono/song/jesus-will-not-come-back-any-more

JESUS WILL NOT COME BACK ANY MORE

Jesus will not come back any more
To this world, torn apart by greed and war,
To this rock, which was a garden long ago ...
Jesus will not come back any more.

To this world, torn apart by selfish gore,
To this Earth, which once was so beautiful ...
How can Jesus come back any more?

Every time He reaches to our soul
We respond with what's evil and most cruel;
Every time He dares hope we'll mend our way
We find new ways to tell Him "go away".

And then we cry to Him, every time we're in pain
To save us from that which we alone create,
And, as soon as He has saved us from our hate
We turn away, and to thank Him we forget.

And then we pray, oh we pray, how we pray every day,
To a god that says things He'd never say;
To get rich, ever more, in every way ...
His very words, each time, we twist and fake.

Well, unless we find our way, by ourselves, every day ...

To this world, torn apart by greed and war,
To this rock, which was a garden long ago ...
Jesus will not come back any more.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 13 November 2021
File:Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 13 November 2021.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 70, Length (m:s)=3:32
No intro. 58 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 58. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _HARDWAY.STY (Hard Way Baritone Guitar Ballad)

RealTracks in style: ~700:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 1542:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 3714:Guitar, Baritone Acoustic, Rhythm AmericanaRootsy16ths Ev16 070
RealTracks in style: 2692:Organ, Rhythm ModernPopSlowMike Ev 075
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleBrushesBalladPushEv16: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes

Mixed in Mixcraft Pro Studio 9
Posted By: firesong Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/13/21 03:42 PM
James...I really like the track...it's clean and crisp...lyrically your song is very sad and quite true about the condition of the world and culture in which we live...Not sure which Jesus your talking about...Biblically the only hope for the condition you write about is the Jesus of the scripture and He promised He would come back someday a straighten all this out...according to Him (Matthew 24 and other places) He specifically describes this human condition that you so eloquently have described in your song and it does seem like He would not want to "come back anymore" but I see it as our only hope...your songs are very thoughtful and provocative...thanks for making us think about things beyond ourselves...Dan
Posted By: musician17 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/13/21 06:42 PM
Thanks for commenting, Dan. I'm glad you like the song! My only problem with the hope that Jesus will come back and "straighten all this out", as you say, is that it absolves us of personal responsibility. "Ah, don't worry, Jesus will sort it". I don't think it works like this, somehow - and I'm sure that that's not what you were saying. Nevertheless, from observing with my own eyes the current situation, it seems that we've been given all the tools necessary to save ourselves, and then - and only then - if we try that in earnest and still can't do it by ourselves MAY Jesus show up - if He hasn't had enough to the teeth of us by now. If we don't even try, though, I'm not sure He'll bother any more.

Just my personal thoughts, though - and this is a SONG forum, not a religious forum, of course ... so thanks for listening and for your very kind feedback!
Posted By: rayc Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/13/21 07:37 PM
James, a nice progression that has hints of sacred music via the organ.
Good choice of band and a good mix.
You really have sorted out your vocal recording & treatment process - well done.
Your concern about humanity's misuse in some sections of society is well founded. Your examples are will selected and, I'm afraid, will be ignored by those you describe, those who quote scripture are often those who don't see themselves doing these things.
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/13/21 08:11 PM
In defense of Modern Man, was the world of 2000 years ago really that swell of a place?
Posted By: rayc Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/13/21 09:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
In defense of Modern Man, was the world of 2000 years ago really that swell of a place?

Proportionally it's probably the same.
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/13/21 10:56 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc

Proportionally it's probably the same.

Well, look at it from Jesus's perspective. Last time he was on Earth, Rome was doing public crucifixions. I would think 2021 would offer a lot more possibilities.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/13/21 11:59 PM
And now we have the electric chair and nuclear weapons ...
Posted By: PeterF Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/14/21 01:23 AM
James

Nice backing, mix and production.

Good work.

Peter
Posted By: rayc Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/14/21 02:36 AM

Well, look at it from Jesus's perspective. Last time he was on Earth, Rome was doing public crucifixions. I would think 2021 would offer a lot more possibilities.

That's a difficult perspective. How about I try Gandalf's take on things?
Life 2000 years ago was a very uncertain thing for the wealthy and, for the majority, was a plane of existence that caused many suffering it to look elsewhere for reasons and options. Sadly most of those options only offered post existence solutions.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/14/21 04:09 AM
Hi, James.

That's a clever write - I thought the song made it's point clearly.

You've vocal on this lyric here was excellent:

And then we pray, oh we pray, how we pray every day,

And your harmonic progressions remain distinctly your own! laugh
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/14/21 11:19 AM
James, you are rally such a treat in so many ways. I used to want to hear you SING the obvious melody that is the undercurrent of your music, but I have become a big fan of exactly the way you do it. There seems to be much more impact with the passion in your vocal your way. Your method delivers the message so much better. Message received.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/14/21 12:33 PM
James,

Good backing. Nice job on the vocals - as ray mentioned, you seem to really have "gotten a handle on that".

Well done.

fj
Posted By: musician17 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/14/21 04:30 PM
Ray: thanks :-) Glad to hear the voice recording is finally sorted out :-)

Peter: thanks!

David: thank you!

Marty: thanks, man. You're a good man and a star, to boot. Always great to hear you've enjoyed a track of mine!

floyd: thanks. It all happened when Nigel Spiers suggested I cut down on the 120 Hz frequency. I've never looked back since ;-)

Thanks, all!!!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 03:40 AM
James,

A really gravitating music bed . . . warm and inviting, and your melody works well with it. To me, you seem to be in the half-world of spoken word and singing. This song needs to be sung, IMHO. Trust yourself to sing it—go all in. As others have said, you’ve got a good feel on how to layer your vocal into the mix—well done. Nice write, nice chord changes.

My very best to you,

Deej
Posted By: musician17 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 04:57 AM
Thanks Deej. My trouble, with singing, is just this: because I write some "strange" chord combinations, they take me by surprise when I try to sing to a backing track, UNLESS I actually write the singing part down, note by note - which I've sadly been too lazy to do, of late. One way of doing things could be to just write the chord symbols into the lyric text, at the points where it gets tricky, I suppose. That's the only reason why I speak it - because, obviously, if I speak, I do not need to worry about strange and surprising harmonies. So: I must not be so lazy and I must find a way around this. Suggestions welcome, of course - thanks again, Deej, for listening and for your ever so kind comments!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 05:17 AM
James,

I hope I don't offend by saying the following: I think you are overthinking things. As I wrote, you are already half-singing the tune. And the beauty of modern technology is that you can do as many takes as it . . . well, takes. I'd be ashamed, I think , to confess how many vocal tracks I record sometimes to get something that's just right. I'm just saying you have a nice timbre to your vocal . . . you should embrace it more . . . and it would shine in this tune. Take that for what it's worth . . . from an encouraging friend. In the end, it's your creation, so go with what feels right to you.

My very best to you as always,

Deej
Posted By: musician17 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 05:38 AM
You're absolutely spot on. You're right ... that's why takes are there - to do things again and again, if they go wrong, until they go right. So yes, you're spot on - no real excuses from me, apart from what seems to be just laziness, which is of course unacceptable. Thanks for a well-deserved, albeit gentle, kick up the rear end - so to speak! :-) And you'll never offend me, don't worry - particularly not when you're so honest with me and are not afraid/worried to be honest in your advice. Cheers, friend :-)
Posted By: Bawb Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 03:56 PM
I realize what I'm about to say may get me kicked off. I don't care, I love God more than anything of this world! And I will not let this stand!

I am doing my best to say this in the most loving manner I can...

This song might sound nice, it may have even been sung nicely. I don't know, I could not get past the lyrics. They are blasphemous, un-biblical and un-scriptural. Yeshua (Jesus) is coming back for the very reasons you stated!

If you are an atheist, then I can understand your ignorance and will pray for you to see the light. I am none the less deeply offended by it!

If you are a "Christian" then you need to seriously check your walk, brother!

Yeshua (Jesus) is coming back regardless of what we or HaSatan does. It is written all throughout the Bible.

Matthew 24:36 - But of that day and hour is known by no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

1 Corinthians 15:52 - In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Matthew 25:13 - Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man comes.

Matthew 24:27 - For as the lightning comes out of the east, and shines even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Hebrews 9:28 - So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Matthew 24:44 - Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man comes.

Revelation 20:4 - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

John 6:50-71 - This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

Revelation 11:19 - And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

John 10:28-30 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

And again, if you are a Christian, you need to remove this song from where ever you have it posted, repent and ask for forgiveness you wrote lies about YeHoVah's (God's)word! Do you NOT realize the times we are in???
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Bawb
What I'm about to say may get me kicked off. I don't care, I love God more than anything of this world! And I will not let this stand! You need to remove this song from where ever you have it posted, repent and ask for forgiveness!

I think the most appropriate response here is just, "You need to take a seat."
Posted By: musician17 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 05:42 PM
Lol, Bawb. I'm a Christian, and I stand by every word of my song. What are you going to do - call the Inquisition on me or something? Grow up and learn the real value of what Jesus preached - tolerance and love for your enemies, i.e. for that which you DON'T like. Don't judge, lest you yourself be judged, but love your God, love your neighbour and, very importantly, love your enemy. How dare you preach to me, otherwise? Mind your own and grow up. Cheers.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 05:53 PM
James your backing tracks were spot on for this song. Your vocal was really good.

Whether or not I agree with your lyrics I will keep to myself, i.e. enough has been said about them.

Good song.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 05:54 PM
Bawb,

I'm not sure it's all that wise for me to wade into these waters . . . religion is always a sensitive subject that stirs strong feelings and opinions, and I certainly don't want to offend anyone's beliefs. But I'm going to share my perspective on this song for what little it may be worth.

I appreciate your passion and your faith , , , and admire your artistry. But I guess I’m not reading these lyrics in the same way. For me, the singer (and please note I think it’s always important, just as in poetry, to separate the writer of the work from the singer/speaker) . . . the singer here strikes me as someone who may be struggling with his own faith, who is looking at world that’s falling apart, at people who have abandoned their faith and His teachings, and questioning why Jesus would come back (and perhaps believing he won’t . . . “unless we find our way” back to Him, as noted in the bridge).

At least I think that’s the intent. I didn’t take this as a message or statement song (and if it is, it strikes me as more of a statement about humanity’s lack of commitment to God—not all folks, but some) . . . and I’m not sure the singer truly believes or wants to believe what he’s saying. That’s my read of it anyway, perhaps a less literal and more interpretive take.

I’m not sure the above will ease your view of the piece, but regardless I truly hope you continue to be a part of the BIAB community. Your artistry adds much to our musical world here, and you’d be missed.

Kindest regards,

Deej
Posted By: musician17 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 05:55 PM
Thanks Mario :-)
Posted By: musician17 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 05:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Bawb,

I'm not sure it's all that wise for me to wade into these waters . . . religion is always a sensitive subject that stirs strong feelings and opinions, and I certainly don't want to offend anyone's beliefs. But I'm going to share my perspective on this song for what little it may be worth.

I appreciate your passion and your faith , , , and admire your artistry. But I guess I’m not reading these lyrics in the same way. For me, the singer (and please note I think it’s always important, just as in poetry, to separate the writer of the work from the singer/speaker) . . . the singer here strikes me as someone who may be struggling with his own faith, who is looking at world that’s falling apart, at people who have abandoned their faith and His teachings, and questioning why Jesus would come back (and perhaps believing he won’t . . . “unless we find our way” back to Him, as noted in the bridge).

At least I think that’s the intent. I didn’t take this as a message or statement song (and if it is, it strikes me as more of a statement about humanity’s lack of commitment to God—not all folks, but some) . . . and I’m not sure the singer truly believes or wants to believe what he’s saying. That’s my read of it anyway, perhaps a less literal and more interpretive take.

I’m not sure the above will ease your view of the piece, but regardless I truly hope you continue to be a part of the BIAB community. Your artistry adds much to our musical world here, and you’d be missed.

Kindest regards,

Deej

For what it's worth, Deej, I feel you've nailed what I was trying to say in the song ... every word of it. Thank you. Also, it's interesting: you have far, far more patience than I have, in explaining this so clearly and so genuinely eloquently. I'm too tired for that kinda thing (or so I like to think to myself) ... you've been far more of a "Christian", in some ways, than me, here (notwithstanding that Jesus Himself called a spade a spade, many times - but that's another matter entirely, I guess ... it's probably - probably - not my own job to follow THAT example, haha ...). In any case, thank you so much for your kindness, insight and patience. Most importantly, for me: thanks so much for understanding the song (and what I tried to say through it) so well, and articulating that understanding so eloquently. Bless you. :-)
Posted By: rayc Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 07:15 PM
James,
your response to outrageous criticism isn't necessary but it's concise.
I did suggest, in my early response, that the target audience would miss the point and Bawb proved that one in spades.

Some folk seek solace in dogma...the simplicity of B&W is appealing.
I respect your nuances.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 08:19 PM
Thanks Ray. I'm afraid I lost my rag, tonight, which is a no-no. But - thanks for your kind comments.
Posted By: rayc Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/15/21 10:09 PM
What I'm about to say may get me kicked off. I don't care, I love God more than anything of this world! And I will not let this stand! You need to remove this song from where ever you have it posted, repent and ask for forgiveness!

Aptly adapted.
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/16/21 12:09 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc

Aptly adapted.

Indeed, but not by me. I just found it on Facebook.

An intensified form, expressing SEVERE disapproval, is "You need to take SEVERAL seats." But I think that's confusing and makes it sound like it could be a reference to "manspreading" or something.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/16/21 02:25 AM
Luke 19.41
Jesus wept.
Posted By: Bawb Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/17/21 10:32 AM
How can those blasphemous words of even your title come out of a believers mouth? What scripture did you base your song from? I have never seen it in the Bible.

The inquisition is something that the Catholic church did to true believers who would not bow down to their idols. So, no

I am not judging you. I was standing on the watch tower and warned you. Your blood is on your own hands, now.

You are not my enemy, our battle is not with flesh and blood.

We are not to tolerate evil.

I am not preaching, how does the word say to bring a brother back?

Your words have proven you...
Proverbs 9:8-10 -
8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Matthew 10:14 - And if anyone will not welcome you or heed your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.

I will still pray for you...
Posted By: Bawb Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/17/21 10:36 AM
The appropriate response is standing up for the truth. I will not sit, I will stand for the truth. I know it is not popular, but true none the less.
If more people stood up for the truth, this world wouldn't be in the mess it is today. People would rather stay in their comfortable lies than accept the truth...
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/17/21 10:52 AM
I was standing on the watch tower and warned you. Your blood is on your own hands, now.

You have crossed the line into threats, even if it's just deranged apocalyptic fantasy.

Is your goal to get kicked off this forum, so you can feel persecuted?
Posted By: rayc Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/17/21 06:47 PM
Bawb,
leave Musician17 alone.

No one persecuted you for your posts & your messages of doom.
You're so fixated on YOUR path that you won't recognize that other have different ones or that you've stepped from proselytising into bullying and haranguing.

Quoting scripture - or as I see it cherry picking from one source - doesn't make you the better man. Your quotes are full of self contradiction as well as causes for concern about violence based patriarchy..."The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..."

Your despair makes you angry and you strike out in your songs and now your communication.
M17 expresses his feelings in a different way.

Go, read the lyrics to my latest song Ultra Violet - that'll give you something to grind your teeth about.

It's a lonely life for someone who sees only the black and white of their own dogma. This isn't an echo chamber, there're all sorts of people in this forum with all sorts of lives, experiences, values and each with a different burden upon them. You've not taken the time to find out though becasue you're busy with yourself.

If you want confirmation and to satisfy your need to employ confirmation bias go visit the Hillsong sites or any of those musical ventures dedicated to "praise" music.

Posted By: dcuny Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/17/21 09:57 PM
This song might sound nice, it may have even been sung nicely.

I think it's safe to say that you haven't listened the song. wink
Posted By: rayc Re: Jesus Will Not Come Back Any More - 11/18/21 01:28 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
This song might sound nice, it may have even been sung nicely.

I think it's safe to say that you haven't listened the song. wink

Yep.
© PG Music Forums