PG Music Home
https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14036561

Usually I play jazz on the chromatic, but this was played on the little ten-hole harmonica. I used the BOSSAFRED Realstyle.
Hi Tunemonger,

I love harp-playing a lot and this is just awesome. Very, very tasteful and a giant pleasure to listen to.

Thanks and stay safe,

Stefan
TuneMonger,

You play a great harmonica... Love the style and mix.

Bob
Sounding good, TM, great groove and nice tone and melody on the harp.

Enjoyed!
Man, you are getting some chromatic notes out of those 10 holes for sure, TuneMonger. Sweet sounds!! When it was done Barrelhouse came on next. Love it all!!

P.S. Thanks for the look-up of October Horse on rsdean's song.
TM,

Nice!

Good harp chops.

Good mix.

fj
Hello Tunemonger
that sounds very cool
The mix is very good
The harmonica fits great in the song
Very well done
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Cool tune TM. Love the harp as well. Excellent playing. Nice jam to the backtrack. Well done
Very nicely done.

A good overall sound and some impressive melodic playing.

Peter
Very sweet!!! Harmonica may be a bit loud and dry, but the playing sounds fantastic to me!!! I'm blown away by the great musicians on the forum.......only thing I can play well is BIAB smile. Very enjoyable!! Take care. Greg (a fellow Bossa fan)
TuneMonger,
love Bossa! Cool track and super harmonica playing. Excellent melody. Mixed very well and listens easy. Thank you for sharing.

P.S. Side opinion. I believe... your introduction of harmonica is not very common in Bossa genre. Unusual and fresh. But it sounds a bit sweet, nearly clarinet. I think it would be more interesting if it had a more raspy / raw harmonica sound.

Misha.
Hey TM ...

It's not everyday you hear harmonica on a Bossa. What a pleasant surprise and treat! Bossa and Latin jazz are two of mine and Diana's favorite genres to listen to and play.

Great tone on the harmonica. I think a little compression would even out the velocity a bit. BIAB harmonicas can be hard to tame sometimes. Kind of like their flutes. But it was a really, really nice listen! Best to you ...

Alan
TuneMonger,

A refreshing breeze, the scent of the night.
Bossa nova jazz is here.
For a moment, I remembered Toots Thielemans.
I feel that blue notes are being played even though it is not a chromatic harmonica.
I wonder how you are playing.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Thanks to all who commented, I'm very grateful when people do.

Shegeki, to answer your question, the harp I used had a custom tuning. That's how I hit the notes in the solo. Thanks for asking.
Nice mix of down home harmonica and urban jazz. Good job. Good playing.
Great groove that Janice said had her dancing around the kitchen smile

Harp Bossa ... who would've thunk?

Nice!

J&B
© PG Music Forums