PG Music Home
JJ Full Gospel Instrumental (by Ed)

Backing track. (exercise in harmony)
Nice very contemplative flow...

Enjoyed it,

J&B
Ed...the piano reminds me of the old uprights I used to play in the little one room country churches...it has that 100 year old twang to it....great memories.
Thanks for listening. This one is a little different in that it acknowleged the flow of John Jarvis's runs and fills as a melodies that stand by themselves, if I'm explaining that right. It is a recognition of John's unique genius that was a while in coming, a departure from my usual understanding. In practice, what that means is listening to the piano and attempting to reinforce the melody line as oppose to stuffing my own licks in wherever I could find an opening. A little rough around the edges but a concept for me.

Man,

This has a really peaceful easy feeling. It was soothing!

Enjoyed the instrumental choices and the mix.
Cool, Ed. Where'd you find that out of tune honky-tonk piano. Man, I love this feel and it's so well played. Very uplifting.
Thanks, David & Marty.
Marty, that is John Jarvis real track, Bent Piano Slow Country Swing 85. John has participated in a handful of BIAB styles, most of which also include Real Track favorite guitarist Brent Mason.
Sounds like you recorded it in church!

moto
Cool sounding track, ed.
Thanks, Moto and Floyd.
Really, I thought you guys were going to say, "Get outta here with that!" Though I have never underestimated the ears around this forum. Hey, it came about by just listening to the way John Jarvis turns his accents and fills into melody lines that stand on their own. Wouldn't it be nice if he could bottle it?
Nice. It has an Old Time Gospel Hour feel to it and it's crying out for some lyrics and vocals (hint, hint). Maybe do one in time for Christmas?
Fantastic job here Ed.

This sounds like a live band. Super mix.

Two thumbs up.
Hi Ed ...

Very soothing and satisfying! Ya did good! Really good!

Take care ...

Alan
Yep, there's melody in them thar key for sure.
Nice feel...has a bit of Hawaiian slack key to it and would be something Ry Cooder would get caught up in.
Thanks, friends. This is one of those breakthrough tracks that comes about following a few of those unconscious conversations with ourselves we all have from time to time, some more frequently than others. Yeah, jpt, I auditioned a few hooks but just can't quite nail the feeling I want to express. One thing composing it accomp[lished, though, was to open some new paths to guitar playin'
Ed

A nice pretty sounding easy listening piece.

Peter
Lovely piece of music Ed. Well done
Thanks, Scott and Peter. One of those things where one day I thought I'd try letting the piano track run full and seeing if I could play along with it. Standard task for a real musician.
For me? Well, you hear it.
© PG Music Forums