PG Music Home
Posted By: ChicagoBob You're My Weekend - 11/29/21 10:08 PM
You're My Weekend

I typically write more country and chill music but this song turned into a Rock ballad which is new for me. I started out with the InHuman.sty which got me started but them i changed a lot of the instruments and ended up using the 1036 Bass and the 2690 Guitar.

I spent a lot of time generating different versions of the guitar solo and also ran it as a simple arrangement in order to create different portions of the song. I also added effects on the guitar tracks and made the bridge sound different.

Several friends who like the Rock genre said that this could be one of my better songs. Before I invest more time in the lyrics and the vocalist I was hoping for your feedback.

Is there enough here to take it forward?

Bob
Posted By: Crossroads Re: You're My Weekend - 11/30/21 06:55 AM
Hi Bob,

writing a good Rock ballad is definitely not easy - way more difficult than writing an uptempo rocker, I think (and experienced).

Yours is very nice and could (should !) become a fine non-instrumental. The effort you put into the guitar really was worth the while - I liked it a lot.

A really good job, and I'm looking forward to the vocal version.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: You're My Weekend - 11/30/21 08:09 AM
Hi Bob,

Yes this is definitely worth taking to the next level with vocals.

Good mix and I particularly liked the key change at 2:18.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: You're My Weekend - 11/30/21 08:22 AM
Hello Bob
Of course you have to finish the song
And the solo guitar from the beginning should also be used in the finished song.
I am really curious how it continues with the great song
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Al-David Re: You're My Weekend - 11/30/21 06:08 PM
Hi Bob ...

I agree - this is one of your better writes - at least of the ones I've heard. When you get a lyric and singer, this will be an even better piece of already excellent work. I think it has great potential as a supoer rock ballad. Please keep working on it and let us hear the final product. This really good so far!!

Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: firesong Re: You're My Weekend - 11/30/21 06:54 PM
Bob...this is really nice...let me add my vote that you go on with the growth of this piece...even in its present form it sounds as though it could be a soundtrack for a contemporary movie as it evokes several different emotions in the listener...great listen...onward and upward for this one!
Posted By: MarioD Re: You're My Weekend - 11/30/21 08:59 PM
Bob, you have created an excellent band for a singer so yes go for it.

Note that you may have to cut back on that lead guitar depending on your vocals.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: You're My Weekend - 12/05/21 12:31 AM
Piano is gorgeous, Guitar effects are interesting.

Craving lyrics.

Keep moving forward.

moto
© PG Music Forums