PG Music Home
Posted By: Crossroads HONEY - The Video - 12/01/21 07:31 AM

Hi everybody,

when I posted the audio of this song five months ago some of you said that they were looking forward to the video - well, here it is (at last).

It’s the last one Maha is starring in, because we recorded her parts shortly before she went to that damned hospital in May from where she came out of a hundred times sicker than she had been when she went there. Although my baby always looks swell you may see that she wasn’t very well already then.

Well, what can (or should) I say about the vid... No political issue this time, no cause - it’s simply meant to make you chuckle which can’t be all bad in these depressing times, I think - that’s all there is to it (hope that’s what you think about it, too).

And, aside from Maha and Peter Suessmuth, I had to make do without the usual suspects, my brother and my friends whom I love so much to have in my videos. But with Covid we didn’t and don’t want to take any risk...

Although they couldn’t act personally this time I managed to mount in some scenes from earlier videos, so we don’t really have to do without them completely.

For those who haven’t read the audio post (and are interested) I copied the musical details from that post to the end of this one.

Any more questions? Yes, Scott... Ah ... no Sir, that’s not a sixpack I’m carrying beneath my t-shirt.

Okay, here we go:

HONEY (video with lyrics)

HONEY (audio with lyrics)

Have some fun - comments are, of course, very welcome.

Stay sage and safe,

Stefan

==========
Musical Data
==========

Music & Lyrics: Stefan Nachtsheim (2021)
Key / Tempo: A / 140 BPM

The song was designed in BIAB and worked out in Reaper using the BIAB VST plug-in.

Then Maha used Reaper plus Nectar 3, Neutron 3, Ozone 9 Adv., and Tonal Balance for sound editing, mixing and mastering.

=====================
The (most exclusive) Band
=====================

Vocals: Stefan Nachtsheim (voc, bgv)

Back Line I (everything except the bridges)

Wayne Killius, d (BIAB RD RockhardLA)
Craig Young, b (BIAB / RT7117)
Brent Mason, g (BIAB / RT718 & RT581)
Gene Rabbal, org (BIAB / RT671)
Kevin McKendree, p (BIAB / RT21541)

Back Line II (bridges)

Wayne Killius, d (BIAB RD TexMexCountry)
Brent Mason, g (BIAB / RT718
Audley Freed, g (BIAB / RT848

MIDI

Drums: arr. & progr. by S.N. -> MTPowerDrums
Bass (Bridge): arr. & progr. by S.N. -> NI Factory Selection
Horns (4 x tp): arr. & progr. by S.N. -> Big Fish Vintage Horns
Congas (Bridge): arr. & progr. by S.N. -> EZDrummer2

Solos

Stefan Nachtsheim (g, 1977 Les Paul Custom, VOX VT-20)
Mark Douthit, as (BIAB / RT1956)
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/01/21 07:55 AM
Old habits ... around half a second and I've seen the queen :-) "Sunburst" of bees, domed thorax, there she is. Just laying an egg.

Great fun song and video.
Posted By: rayc Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/01/21 08:03 AM
Classic rock'n'pop entertainment video as expected and as always delivered.
Maha's looking cool and the beard was a cool Tribute to a ZZ that's no longer a top.
The song, ACE, of course.
The post song credits are a wonderful treat.
Thank YOU!
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/01/21 08:17 AM
Hello Crossroads
Really awesome video
I have rarely seen so much detail and great scenery in a non-commercial video
That merges with the music to a whole
Fantastic experience
Many thanks and greetings
Andi :-)

P.S.: Ich hoffe, Maha geht es schon besser und sie kann beim nächsten Video wieder mit dabei sein.
Wünsche euch alles Gute und weiterhin so tolle Ideen für eure Songs.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/01/21 11:55 AM
Stefan & Maha,

A real HOOT!

Funny song.

VERY entertaining video.

Great mix.

Awesome, colorful! horn section!!!

fj
Posted By: Al-David Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/02/21 02:17 AM
Hey Stefan ...

First, I'll be replying to your last email this weekend - been very very busy.

I loved the original post - and this video sends it over the top! You and Maha are so good with these videos. They're always top notch. Wish I had that kind of talent!

Your horn section - The Maha Damsels? - was terrific. You guys are just so entertaining.

I also agree with Andi's post script he wrote to you in German. We think of you and Maha all the time, always hoping everything will improved.

Take care, my dear friends.

Alan & Di
Posted By: dcuny Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/02/21 04:11 AM
Fun video! I enjoyed all, including the credits! laugh

And the level of detail that goes into each shot is just astonishing!

And I appreciate you scrupulously give credit where due.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/02/21 05:28 AM
Great video, wish I had your skilz. You made those Big Fish Trumpets sound good, I'm impressed. I have Session horns, pretty similar, and I can't get a good sound out of it. Terrific work all the way around!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/02/21 06:48 AM
Hi Gordon,

looks like I not only entertained people who like funny rock songs and videos but also attracted beekeepers.

If that ain't 'full service', don't you think? grin

Thanks oir taking the time to watch the video and thanks for your kind words.

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/02/21 06:59 AM
Hi Ray,

thanks a bunch for your fine comment. I think that our senses of humor have quite an intersection...

I really appreciated your remarks on the credits part - it may not be so obvious but in some cases it takes almost as long to get them done as for putting the main part together.

Especially getting those scrolling 3rd-party credits together is soemtimes (like my mother would have put it) a job for people who slayed their mom and dad.

Thanks again, mate,and stay safe ,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/02/21 07:07 AM
Hi Andy,

that was a really, really nice comment - thanks a lot. Although it was fun to put this video together there are earlier ones who may be even funnier and more detailes. If you ever have some time left, you coudd go to my website (URL below) and have a look at Tell Me Why, I've Changed For The Better, If The Phone Don't Ring, Just For The Record and All I Need Is You. Those were the ones we really put a lot of effort and time in.

Stay safe,

Stefan

PS: Ja, stay safe' hat unglücklicherweise wieder sehr an Bedeutung gewonnen - alles nicht so einfach...

Und ganz besonderen Dank für Deine herzlichen privaten Wünsche - wir hoffen natürlich sehr, dass sich da in absehbarer Zeit Verbesserungen einstellen.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/02/21 10:17 AM
Your songs are always so much fun, Stefan. So well polished and always a masterpiece of creativity with a lot of magical moments built into a wonderful whole. As for the videos you and Maha produce... Man, it doesn't get any better You guys have created an extraordinary dose of pure fun and talent.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/04/21 06:47 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Stefan & Maha,

A real HOOT!

Funny song.

VERY entertaining video.

Great mix.

Awesome, colorful! horn section!!!

fj

Floyd,

I'm glad you had some fun with the video - your comments are always much appreciated.

Thans a lot for your kind words.

Stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/04/21 06:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Stefan ...

First, I'll be replying to your last email this weekend - been very very busy.

I loved the original post - and this video sends it over the top! You and Maha are so good with these videos. They're always top notch. Wish I had that kind of talent!

Your horn section - The Maha Damsels? - was terrific. You guys are just so entertaining.

I also agree with Andi's post script he wrote to you in German. We think of you and Maha all the time, always hoping everything will improved.

Take care, my dear friends.

Alan & Di

Dear Alan,

you're way too kind, my friend ! Thank you so much for your kindness and your compliments. But if there are people with REAL talent it's Di and you - no doubt about that.

Please tgive Di a big hug and ake good care of each other, my friends,

Stefan
Posted By: sixchannel Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/04/21 08:54 AM
Thoroughly enjoyable!!
Great video to match clever, funny song.
Y'know what - my toes were still tapping all the way through the instrumental version in the Credits roll.
Brilliant!
Bests
Ian
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/04/21 09:05 AM
Very funny and entertaining. Enjoyed this from start to finish. I'm totally impressed with your production skill on both the song audio production and your amazing and top quality videography talent.

Charlie
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/04/21 10:14 AM
Stefan, that was GREAT!

Your videos are always such a pleasure to watch, such fun! Great seeing Maha in there too, hoping she will improve soon.

Nice seeing you do your thing on the strat, is that a 70's era model? Going by the headstock.

Good song, good performance, and as always Maha does a top notch job on the mix.

Best wishes to both of you.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/05/21 01:48 PM
Quite a sweet buzz!

Always fun, upbeat and hard to look away.

You done good!

moto
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/06/21 11:21 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Fun video! I enjoyed all, including the credits! laugh

And the level of detail that goes into each shot is just astonishing!

And I appreciate you scrupulously give credit where due.

Thank you so much, Dave. I'm really glad you enjoyed watching.

And, yes, sure - I couldn't do anything like this without the generosity of people who share their work under the Creative Commons (or even the Public Domain) license - thus the very least I can do is mentioning and thanking them.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/06/21 11:31 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great video, wish I had your skilz. You made those Big Fish Trumpets sound good, I'm impressed. I have Session horns, pretty similar, and I can't get a good sound out of it. Terrific work all the way around!

Hi Tunemonger,

thanks a bunch for your kind comment on the video and the song - I really appreciate that a lot.

As for the horns: I do owe Session Horns, too, but - just like you - have never been satisfied when I gave them a try. Meanwhile I don't even try them anymore...

The Vintage Horns may not be perfect (I'm not too keen on the saxes, but saxes are always difficult...), but the brass samples are really good. I don't use the effect section that comes along with the samples at all and we have, sorry: Maha has never processed them with a lot of EQ - maybe a little reverb and some sparkle in the sub group channel. I would say, 'They're good value for the mones'.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/06/21 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Your songs are always so much fun, Stefan. So well polished and always a masterpiece of creativity with a lot of magical moments built into a wonderful whole. As for the videos you and Maha produce... Man, it doesn't get any better You guys have created an extraordinary dose of pure fun and talent.

First of all: I have NOT written the original comment myself !

Marty, man, you're always way to kind. I am so glad that you like what we're doing - I think we have quite an intersection when it comes to music and humor (and a lot more, I can happily add).

Thank you so much for everything !!!

All the best, stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/06/21 11:55 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Stefan, that was GREAT!

Your videos are always such a pleasure to watch, such fun! Great seeing Maha in there too, hoping she will improve soon.

Nice seeing you do your thing on the strat, is that a 70's era model? Going by the headstock.

Good song, good performance, and as always Maha does a top notch job on the mix.

Best wishes to both of you.

Thank you so much, Dave - you're always very kind and I really appreciate your comments a lot.

As for the Strat - I wish you were right, but it's a Fender Mexican Fat Strat with a Floyd Rose tremolo. When I bought it I had only my vintage Les Paul. But I've always liked the Strat tone, but was fed up with the typical tuning problems, so I decided for that one. And I must admit I liked what that 'black Beauty' looked like. Actually I haven't played it very often, because I soon bought my Jeff Beck Signature and that is really another level (and price)

I thought that it perfectly contrasted that yellow Pikachu costume, so I used it on the video. The original solo was played on that Jeff Beck Strat.

Thanks again - all the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/07/21 07:20 AM
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Thoroughly enjoyable!!
Great video to match clever, funny song.
Y'know what - my toes were still tapping all the way through the instrumental version in the Credits roll.
Brilliant!
Bests
Ian

Hi Ian,

thanks a lot for your very nice and kind words. I'm glad that you enjoyd watching and listening.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/07/21 07:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Very funny and entertaining. Enjoyed this from start to finish. I'm totally impressed with your production skill on both the song audio production and your amazing and top quality videography talent.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

wow, thanks a bunch - that is really very kind of you. I really appreciate what you wrote a lot.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/07/21 07:24 AM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Quite a sweet buzz!

Always fun, upbeat and hard to look away.

You done good!

moto

Well, Moto, making people look away isn't exactly our intention smile.

I'm glad you enjoyed it - thanks a lot for your kind comment.

take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/08/21 12:36 PM
As we said in July,

"Fun song that had Janice dancing around the house ... seriously.

Kudos to you for the vocal/guitar performances, write, and those horns -- yeah.

AND a BIG shoutout to Maha for the mix. Got a Muscle Shoals vibe to it. Duck Dunn playing bass?

Great production and great news that Maha is improving!"

Never thought it could be even better until we watched the vid. As a couple of folks who are beginning to experiment with videos we have an even deeper appreciation into the thought that goes into a production like this. Our simple little vids pale in comparison but given the work they take this is astounding.

Your vids are much more like a mini movie than a music video.

A kudos for the credit where credit is due credits smile

FUN!

J&B
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/08/21 01:35 PM
Wow, what a song (and video), I loved it
Posted By: RnAM Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/08/21 06:30 PM
Wow, this is quite a surprise.
We hadn't heard the song before, so song and video both were new to us.
The song is very inspiring, we love it.
And the video is outstanding!
We always like videos to go with a song. It really adds something.
Hope Maha will get better soon.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: MarioD Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/08/21 09:46 PM
Stefan, that was a ton of fun! Great music, loved the horn section, super vocal and an outstanding video.

I hope that Maha get well soon.

Loved it.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/08/21 10:42 PM
Stefan,
Cool! I remember this tune very well. Seems like it went through a complete makeover. Excellent!
I can not even imagine how labor intensive it is to come up with a plan and lay everything out, when you are not a big studio.
I remember when Gorbachev came to power and whole Perestroika thing started, a lot of very unusual and off beat musical video clips came out on prime TV that were watched by millions. You & Maha would have been the stars of the show with content you made. Pro arrangement and performance! Oh... and you look fabulous in the Pokemon outfit. Kind regards to Maha and thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/10/21 10:06 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Stefan, that was a ton of fun! Great music, loved the horn section, super vocal and an outstanding video.

I hope that Maha get well soon.

Loved it.

Thanks a bunch, Mario - I'm really glad that you enjoyed the song as well as the video.

And Maha says thank you for your good wishes.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/10/21 10:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As we said in July,

"Fun song that had Janice dancing around the house ... seriously.

Kudos to you for the vocal/guitar performances, write, and those horns -- yeah.

AND a BIG shoutout to Maha for the mix. Got a Muscle Shoals vibe to it. Duck Dunn playing bass?

Great production and great news that Maha is improving!"

Never thought it could be even better until we watched the vid. As a couple of folks who are beginning to experiment with videos we have an even deeper appreciation into the thought that goes into a production like this. Our simple little vids pale in comparison but given the work they take this is astounding.

Your vids are much more like a mini movie than a music video.

A kudos for the credit where credit is due credits smile

FUN!

J&B

Hi Janice, hi Bud,

can't help it, but I do feel somehow responsible for keeping you, Janice, dancing around the house. And the next 'dance song' is already in the making - it's called "The Freeze". ... cool ...

You know how much we appreciate especially your assessment of our stuff, so, once again, I, no: we, feel really flattered - thank you so much for your very nice comment.

Hey, guys, you definitively shouldn't hide your light under a bushel: Your videos are different, but they are rally, really beautiful and loveable. I think that I said that before: They absolutely and perfectly represent the beauty of your music.

By the way: The video shooting of Maha's scenes and the mix had taken place before she went to that freaking hospital. At the moment she would still not be in the shape of doing either of them. But there have been slight improvements during the last week and so we just keep hoping that 2022 may become better.

Take good care of each other,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/10/21 10:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Wow, what a song (and video), I loved it

Thanks a lot, Sir! I know (or at least think I know) that this is not your favorite kind of music, so I'm even more flattered by your kind words.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/11/21 11:06 AM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Wow, this is quite a surprise.
We hadn't heard the song before, so song and video both were new to us.
The song is very inspiring, we love it.
And the video is outstanding!
We always like videos to go with a song. It really adds something.
Hope Maha will get better soon.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi Rob and Marie-Ann,

thanks a lot for this very kind comment. I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed the song and the video.

I really like to see song & video as a unity - in most cases I develop the first video ideas while I'm writing the lyrics )I always start with them). And sometimes it's vice versa: I change the lyrics because I picture a certain video scene.

Because of Covid and, of course, Maha's sickness I'm lagging behind with videos: friends couldn't come and star in them. I hope that 2022 will be easier (although it doesn't seem to be...) - then it will be
Spot on' again.

Thanks a lot voor your nice comment.

En prettig week-end en groetjes,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/11/21 11:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Stefan,
Cool! I remember this tune very well. Seems like it went through a complete makeover. Excellent!
I can not even imagine how labor intensive it is to come up with a plan and lay everything out, when you are not a big studio.
I remember when Gorbachev came to power and whole Perestroika thing started, a lot of very unusual and off beat musical video clips came out on prime TV that were watched by millions. You & Maha would have been the stars of the show with content you made. Pro arrangement and performance! Oh... and you look fabulous in the Pokemon outfit. Kind regards to Maha and thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Hi Misha,

it's always a real pleasure to read your comments (maybe that is why I have collected them in a golden cover cool). Thanks a lot, I'm really glad that you enjoyed the video as much as the song (which by the way was the same version as the July post, but with a video the impression may change, I think.)

It's very kind of you to mention that comparison to those Russian clips - I had never heard of that scene beefore. Those were thrilling times, I think, and many people will have had different imaginations of how things would develop, I'm afraid.

Well, that Pokemon suit... it has become my regular house dress, because Maha thinks it adds that certain kind of sexiness to my charisma. And it must be true: All our neighbours prohibited their wives to visit us...

Have a pleasent sunday, Misha, and thanks again for your kind comment.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/12/21 09:02 PM
Mein Herr!

That is one sweet production. No wonder everybody's buzzing about it.

There are many fine videos produced by our forum friends, but you, by far, are the king of video production. Loved every second of it!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/13/21 10:18 PM
Fun video and cool song!!! You put together very cool videos! Track sounds great....love the horns!!! Very cool!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Al-David Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/13/21 10:53 PM
Hey Stefan ...

Had to come back for a second dose of your talent. Still looking and sounding terrific!

Take care. We're think of you guys all the time.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/14/21 10:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Mein Herr!

That is one sweet production. No wonder everybody's buzzing about it.

There are many fine videos produced by our forum friends, but you, by far, are the king of video production. Loved every second of it!

Well, Scott, that was a mighty kind comment - I'm absolutely flattered. Thanks a lot.

Believe it or not: When I'm fiddling around with certain scenes, I think, 'That's one which is gonna make Scott wheeze.'.

Thanks a lot, buddy.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/14/21 10:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Fun video and cool song!!! You put together very cool videos! Track sounds great....love the horns!!! Very cool!! Take care. Greg

Thanks a lot Greg, I' glad you enjoyed the song and the video.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: HONEY - The Video - 12/14/21 10:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Stefan ...

Had to come back for a second dose of your talent. Still looking and sounding terrific!

Take care. We're think of you guys all the time.

Alan & Di

Hi Alan,

luckily those videos don't have that 'Mission Impossible' style built-in self-destruct mechanism after the first view smile

That was really nice to read - thank you so much, Alan. I'm always glad when I can make you forget all those troubles for at lest a couple minutes.

We're thinking of Di and you so often - and I'm already working on a message I will send you soon.

Big hugs for both of you - tak good care of each other,

Stefan
© PG Music Forums