PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Long and Winding Road - 12/12/21 08:01 PM
I had the pleasure of singing for 20 years with Bob Huston whose rich "crooner" voice sure made many of my songs sound good...this one I've always loved but did not care for the track I had made for it...I now like the track very much...thanks BiaB...I hope you like it...our trio was known as "Single Heart" and we were...your thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated...Dan

Long and Winding Road
https://soundclick.com/r/s8jopo

Vocals: Bob Huston, Gene Simmons and Dan Simmons
String section: Dan Simmons

BiaB components:
ROMANCE.STY Dramatic Country Pop
1036 Bass
1595 Guitar
1676 Guitar
Real Drums Nashville Pop 16's
Posted By: Scott C Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/13/21 12:19 AM
Very pretty song. You used a little more reverb on your vocals. Gave the song a very different feel in a good way. Well done...
Posted By: firesong Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/13/21 04:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very pretty song. You used a little more reverb on your vocals. Gave the song a very different feel in a good way. Well done...

Scott...thanks so much for your thoughts...the reverb on the vocals is residual from pulling them off the original recording...I did not add any effects to the vox track...I have to live with that...I have thought about trying to add a room setting to the other tracks to try to match up the environment?...if I knew then what I know now...well...I'd be rich and famous (kinda like Biff in Back to the Future II or was it III...whichever?)...thanks for your comments.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/13/21 06:57 PM
I saw that you mentioned that the vocal was printed with the reverb. Dang. That's a pretty song but the reverb on the voice is just too much. It makes the vox sound like they're not a part of the song.

I might would see if you can get another singer and rework the vocal so you have a dry track and then add only what you need for reverb.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/13/21 09:59 PM
Nice song.

Well done.

moto
Posted By: Al-David Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/13/21 11:09 PM
A beautiful song so well done! Yes, the vocal reverb is a little deep; but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the song. Very nice, indeed!

Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: dcuny Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/14/21 01:16 AM
Very pretty song! laugh

I agree that it's enjoyable despite the reverb. But if you wanted to try removing some of the reverb, you can find free time-limited trials for both UNVEIL and RX 9.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/14/21 01:21 AM
A memorable song, well sung. Enjoyed it.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/14/21 01:48 AM
Very pretty and tasteful.

Nice string arrangement and the backing tracks are well chosen.

Good song.

Peter
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/14/21 10:56 AM
Remarkable vocal (albeit soaked in reverb), and wonderful 3-part harmony. What a beautiful song, Dan. Outstanding, Bob, Gene & Dan.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/14/21 06:08 PM
Loved it!
Posted By: firesong Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/14/21 06:12 PM
My thanks to everyone who have commented on "Long and Winding Road"...your comments have been gracious and helpful...I went back and made some corrections on the vocal track and think I have improved it an immense amount thanks to your insights and comments.
Posted By: firesong Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/14/21 06:16 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Very pretty song! laugh

I agree that it's enjoyable despite the reverb. But if you wanted to try removing some of the reverb, you can find free time-limited trials for both UNVEIL and RX 9.

David you have been such a help to me in your suggestions and sharing of corrective procedures...thank you for taking the time to listen critically and technically...I downloaded REVEAL...I think it will be a valuable tool to me in revamping my old recordings...removing reverb has been a real challenge but I believe this software will help a lot...my sicere thanks...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/15/21 11:08 PM
I think I got rid of the lingering reverb and allowed the singers to come back on stage! Thanks all!

Long and Winding Road
https://soundclick.com/r/s8jopo
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/18/21 09:25 AM
Dan,

Once again you have offered up a great sounding track! The vocals in this are excellent, especially liked the harmony in the chorus section! You always post top notch work! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/19/21 07:48 PM
Very pretty song!! Nicely sung, and I LOVE the string arrangement.....just perfect!! Really nice work!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/20/21 12:12 PM
Our immediate thought was The Gatlin Brothers!

What a great vocal blend and fine over all production.

You did a fine job building the new backing around the older tracks.

Really enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: firesong Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/20/21 12:53 PM
Torrey, Greg and Janice & Bud...thank you guys so much for all the gracious words and comments...I truly appreciate them...Dan
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/20/21 04:21 PM
Very nice song
The background track is really good
Very nice sung
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/20/21 09:25 PM
Lovely song. Vocals are performed quite well. Nice soothing melody and lush instrumentation.
Posted By: ChicagoBob Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/20/21 09:33 PM
everything about this is well done
Posted By: firesong Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/22/21 03:01 AM
Thanks Andi, Ezekiel and Bob for your thoughts and comments...I appreciate them...Dan
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/22/21 09:26 AM
Hi,

Very nice song and good vocals.

Excellent mix.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: firesong Re: Long and Winding Road - 12/23/21 05:30 PM
Thanks Nigel...I appreciate it...Dan
© PG Music Forums