PG Music Home
Hello forum friends, and Happy New Year!!! As my last post of the year, I'm putting out one of many songs that I've written based on an Al David instrumental. Alan is truly gifted in finding or creating bands in BIAB and making them come to life. Over the past several years, I've made several songs after being inspired by his magic. Maybe a year ago, or less, there was an instrumental of Alan's that I had to run with. The song is whimsical as was the music and the title. Looking forward to another wonderful year of music from this talented collection of incredible people! Take care. Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/underthestarssoundcloud?si=394fdb6202054de09511689858735442&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Bass 700
Piano 811 (Love this track) through NI piano plugin
Nashville ev 8ths drums
Pedal steel. 2668
Acoustic guitar. 2051

Under the Stars

Under the stars
Somewhere long ago beneath a magic sky
For a moment there I felt the earth stood still
I saw you on a hill
I knew that fate had placed you there nearby

So I approached
Seemed to take my direction from the stars above
I fell in love
Under the stars

We talked a while
And the cover of the darkness let the words just flow
And this soul of mine that’s learned to live alone
Finally seemed home
There next to you
Under the stars

Guess everybody has a moment
A moment of true grace
A time they truly feel like they’ve been found
For the first time in my lifetime
In the warmth of your embrace
I was bathing in the light that was shining down

Under the stars
I searched for you a thousand nights, you never came
But I feel your essence floating in the breeze
As the wind blows through the trees
I still hear you
Though I don’t know your name

But I know your heart
And I will never lose you though we are apart
I still feel you
Under the stars
I still feel you
Under the stars
i really love the vocal melody. This is great and can be used with a lot of different genres
Well, Greg, to borrow from a line in the song, the words just flow..

Always look forward to hearing your musical offerings and, as expected, this one did not disappoint.

All the best,

Ghostgum
Beautiful melody, one of your best (although I find myself saying that with all your posts - they're all so amazing, it's hard to single one out). And any opportunity to hear you sing, Imma gonna take. You and Floyd deserve a large audience just for your singing alone. I hope one day that happens.
Ooooh.

So gorgeous.

All of it.

Personally, I associate "whimsical" more with "lightweight and trivial", and less with "sad and heartbreaking, like a lost dream", but each to their own. wink

Here's to 2022, and the songs it brings!
Hello Greg
Awesome song
Such a beautiful melody and a great voice
The song is really really good
Everything fits together, Greg
Great job
thanks for sharing
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Greg,
Wonderful tune, very melodic. Nice string section. Vocals and composition is A+
Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing and Happy new year!

Misha.
What a beautiful melody. And yours is the perfect voice for it, Greg. You and Al are very inspirational folks, and i am so grateful for the chance to hear some of the magic you create.
Excellent stuff, Greg. I would be more effusive, but my typing skills are quite impaired at present. Enjoyed it a lot.

Regards,

Bob
This is so far one of the best song/productions I've heard on this forum, or at least my favorite...
I also love "Rising Star"... I'm listening to both again now.
All of the above. Beautiful music.
Greg,

Beautiful. Of course.

Your lyrics are wonderfully conversational, and still exploding with colors/flavors. Dazzling.

Gorgeous melody and gorgeous vocal.

Pro.

Of course.

fj
Greg...this is exquisite in every aspect...vocally stunning, instrumentally so apropos for the gorgeous melody and produced with such great precision...to be honest I think that most of us who are commenting are doing so out of our appreciation and jealousy of your mastery of those elements...so well done...beautiful!
Hi Greg,

what a beautiful song - melody, backing track and most of all yocals. Relly, really awesome.

Happy New Year,

Stefan
Lovely and well produced indeed.
Al handed you a great melody for sure.

Have a great new year!

J&B
Another lovely offering. You voice is very smooth. It's a very pretty song. The band was soft and easy. Nice one.
Originally Posted By: ChicagoBob
i really love the vocal melody. This is great and can be used with a lot of different genres

Thanks so much Bob!! Happy New Year!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Well, Greg, to borrow from a line in the song, the words just flow..

Always look forward to hearing your musical offerings and, as expected, this one did not disappoint.

All the best,

Ghostgum

Really appreciate your kind words Brian!! Happy New Year!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Beautiful melody, one of your best (although I find myself saying that with all your posts - they're all so amazing, it's hard to single one out). And any opportunity to hear you sing, Imma gonna take. You and Floyd deserve a large audience just for your singing alone. I hope one day that happens.

Thanks so much!! Always appreciate your kind words, and you music!! Happy New Year!! Greg
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Ooooh.

So gorgeous.

All of it.

Personally, I associate "whimsical" more with "lightweight and trivial", and less with "sad and heartbreaking, like a lost dream", but each to their own. wink

Here's to 2022, and the songs it brings!

Thanks David!! You're probably right about my choice of that word.....there is a fantasy aspect of the song, but it is pretty melancholy. Happy New Year!! Take care. Greg
Man, no one does it as good as you, Greg, what a vocal!!

Excellent write, and I agree about Alan, he is a master at coming up with great sounding BIAB compositions.

Looking forward to hearing what you share with us in 2022!
I'm with Bob---I love the melody too.

Adding the parts of Al and Greg equals one fantastic song.

Once again, your vocal is impeccable.

This is beautiful Greg. Lovely the melody.
WOW! All I can say is that this is one outstanding song. You vocal and lyrics are fantastic. Loved the mix.

IMHO this is your best to date.

Loved it.
Greg ...

So sorry I am so tardy to this. Di and I have been very ill since Christmas Day. We had a severe case of the flu. In Di's case, just trying to keep it from becoming pneumonia.

Any time you grace one of my instrumental with your special vocal and lyrical gift, I am in awe with what you have done with it. Your touching lyrics and vocal styling are beyond compare. This is just so beautiful!

Like I said, any time the you get a "vibe" from one of my instrumental compositions, feel free to go for it. You truly grace my work with your special touch. Thank you!

Hope 2022 is a terrific year for you and yours. Take care ...

Alan
Lovely way to finish the year Greg. What a beautiful vocal. I am sure Alan has a big smile on his face listening to the tune. Well done. Happy New Year
What a vocal Greg! Nobody here does a better job! It's a beautiful tune that's so easy to listen to! Thanks, Torrey
Hi, Greg !

and A Happy New Year to you too !!:)
I am awed at this - it is nothing
less than a masterpiece and you
do it so wonderfully !

Great tune and great singing !

Cheers
Dani
Lovely melody, narrative and arrangement.
Very nice vocal performance too.
Not sure about the violin solo though.
The line "Seemed to take my direction from the stars above" doesn't quite flow...it seemed rushed across direction in particular.
This is a real pretty song and your performance does justice to Al's music.

Vic
© PG Music Forums