PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/12/22 01:26 PM
A short time ago I posted this song (Hey There) as a saxophone instrumental and I appreciate all of the comments...I'm posting today the original vocal rendition that inspired that instrumental...my daughter Amber does the vocals and this maybe my favorite song she's ever done for me and she has done a ton of them (bless her heart!)...the song is about loneliness and hope...if you choose to...thanks for listening...Dan

Hey There
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzpLKyKH16U&t=2s

BiaB components:
518 Bass
1856 Cello
2667 Pedal Steel
364 Acoustic guitar

Vocals: Amber Eaker
Strings and synths: me
Lyrics:
Hey there, I see that far away look in your eyes
Hey there, I know it really comes as no surprise...to you
Cause you’ve felt this way so many times before
There’ve been those who say they love you
Then they walked right out the door
It leaves you lonely and lifeless... and looking for a friend

Hey there, I see those shadows growing in your heart
Hey there, I know you just can’t find a place to start...anew
Cause you’ve searched through all the places
You always seem to go
And you’ve looked through all the faces of everyone you know
It leaves you lonely and lifeless... and looking for a friend

Searching for someone who'll really care
Looking deep inside for answers that aren’t there
Hoping in your heart there’s someone who will share with you

Hey there, there’s someone who’s been knocking at your door
Hey there, He’s the One your heart’s been longing for
He’ll never leave you or forsake you, you can trust in Him
His love will hold you and will take you to the very end

Never lonely or lifeless again...you’ve found a Friend
Never lonely or lifeless again...you’ve found a Friend
You’ve found a Friend
Dan,

As much as I liked the instrumental version, this wins out for me! Your vocalist has done such a wonderful job here! It's a pro performance for sure! The melody is catchy...one of the best I've ever heard here! It's a total work of art that should be appreciated by any listener! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/12/22 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Dan,

As much as I liked the instrumental version, this wins out for me! Your vocalist has done such a wonderful job here! It's a pro performance for sure! The melody is catchy...one of the best I've ever heard here! It's a total work of art that should be appreciated by any listener! Thanks, Torrey

Thank you Torrey...can't tell you how much I value your thoughts...yeah, "my vocalist" has been singing for me, with me and to me since she was a toddler...my favorite voice in the world...oh, by the way it was your video (Here's My Cup) that turned me on to Vedan Media (I've used their clips for three videos now)...again thanks for your kind and encouraging words...Dan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/12/22 09:10 PM
Dan,

Your daughter has an awesome voice. Her vocal, your instrumentation, and your playing skills make this a winner.

It I heard this in a CD shop I would have purchased it.

Loved it.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/12/22 11:22 PM
This is lovely... pro level, very impressive... I do love both versions, but this is my fav...
Posted By: dcuny Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/12/22 11:46 PM
Hi, Dan.

What Torrey, Mario and bloc-head said - top shelf all the way.

Remember on that prior thread where you wrote:

Originally Posted By: "firesong"
I'm not a great musician but these "tools" have helped me begin to build the tracks that give the music a more professional presentation and help bring it to the life I had intended for it.

This song proves you to be overly modest. wink
Hi Dan,

I can't remember the instrumental version however this version is very good. Top vocals

Well done.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/13/22 01:35 PM
Wow, so gorgeously done, Dan. Yeah, you can't miss with Amber at the mic. Beautiful voice, and spectacular harmonies. What a strong build to the song. Love the modulation. Man, those strings are so well done, too. The whole band plays from the same page, and it's such a well-written page.
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/13/22 05:58 PM
My sincere thanks to all of you talented artists that have taken the time to listen and comment on Hey There...Amber can deliver a heart-felt and passionate delivery every time...the sincerity and vulnerability of her voice always melts my heart (but I'm slightly prejudiced)...however I can tell she has the same effect on some of you...again thanks for your kind and encouraging comments...Dan
Posted By: PeterF Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/13/22 06:49 PM
Dan

Lovely lush sounding production and a beautiful vocal.

Nice video to compliment the song.

Enjoyed it.

Peter
Posted By: dani48 Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/14/22 07:50 AM
Hi, Dan & Amber !

What a wonderful tune
so beautifully done
and sung !

As has been said it is pro all the way !

Thank you both for this
masterpiece !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/14/22 04:43 PM
Peter and Dani...great to know Amber's voice is being heard and appreciated from Australia to Finland and from New Zealand to across America...I can't tell you how much I appreciate and value your opinions...thanks so much!
Posted By: etcjoe Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/14/22 04:59 PM
This is just top notch all around. Well done!
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/15/22 04:23 AM
Originally Posted By: etcjoe
This is just top notch all around. Well done!

Hey etcjoe...thanks for your kind comment...appreciated...Dan
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/15/22 04:49 AM
Good song, beautifully sung. The production was terrific, strings and harmonies knocked me out. Way to go!
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/16/22 10:29 AM
Thanks TuneMonger...I appreciate your comments.
Posted By: ChicagoBob Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/16/22 11:16 AM
everything about this is great- i can see it in a sync placement for sure
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/16/22 05:56 PM
Originally Posted By: ChicagoBob
everything about this is great- i can see it in a sync placement for sure

Hey thanks Bob...I don't know what a "sync placement" is...but I'm assuming it's good?...I appreciate your comments.
Oh My Goodness, what a beautiful song!! Not just the music, but the vocals are outstanding. I could get a visual of her smiling while she's singing it!!
this really is a great effort ..with the standout femme vocs. actually would have liked the femme vocs to be a tad more forward. v nice lyrics.
lovely emotion in the vocs.
best
om
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/17/22 03:38 PM
Ronnie and om...thanks for your comments...I appreciate them.
sync placement..... getting into a movie or TV show and yep I agree.

I listened first on the computer and then on my good buds on my phone. Nicely done. So.... my 2cents worth. I'd back the instruments down just the slightest. I think the singer needs to be "on top" of the music just a bit more. A second tip.... maybe someone else can listen to verify.... but I think with the content and topic.... she needs to sound more intimate or personal. Maybe a rounding of the upper mids and highs would give you that combined with the previously mentioned put her on top. Of course, I've only listened twice..... I'll listen again on my living room buds later tonight and update this.

You have a really good song and could easily be submitted for sync as is. A good library should be all over this

Edit: listened on my living room buds. Yep... Her voice should be warmer and a little bit more up front. This is a minor nit but well worth considering before submitting it to a library. If you don't plan on commercial use ... It's good as is.

Well written, well sung, well done.
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/18/22 01:36 AM
Herb...thanks so much for taking the time to listen and offer thoughts and advice that I will certainly take seriously and consider...I appreciate your comments and help...Dan
Everything here is hittin' the note:

- The write

- The passionate vocals

- The arrangement

- The band

- The mix

- The video

And when it all happens things are magical.

Well done!

J&B
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/18/22 09:05 PM
J&B...how kind, generous and encouraging...thank so much for your comments...Dan
BEAUTIFUL!!! A gorgeous melody, with some great key changes!! And the vocal is wonderful.....expressive and passionate!! This is a winner!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: firesong Re: Hey There (vocal rendition and video) - 01/20/22 05:03 PM
Greg...I am so humbled by your kind comments (from one of my two favorite artist/producers on this forum...the other person will remain a secret)...your words are so encouraging and I am so appreciative of them...this is truly one of my favorite melodies probably because of the chord arrangement and Amber's deliveries are always so emotive...I think God gave her to me just to sing "old dad's" songs...probably not...thanks again.
© PG Music Forums