PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C NumFour - 01/31/22 09:31 PM
This is a concept song. An experiment with a RealDrums track and the RealDrums Chart. I took the drums chart and edited the midi files with a pattern editor. The two tracks started out identical and this was the difference after editing. I applied a drum patch from Studio One to the new midi file..

I also added a guitar melody and slide track.

NumFour

The Band:
****** Song Summary *************
Title: NumFour
File:NumFour.SGU
Key=Am , Tempo 75, Length (m:s)=3:37
No intro. 64 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 64. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for RealDrums Changes,
Style is _STORM.STY (Storm Sad Old-Time Folk Ballad)

RealTracks in style: 2877:Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 3381:Fiddle, BackgroundSoloist OldTimeSadBalladAndy Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 3412:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm OldTimeSadBallad Ev16 065
RealTracks in style: 3370:Mandolin, Rhythm OldTimeSadBalladAndy Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 3413:Banjo, Fingerpicking Folk16ths Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 3663:Dulcimer, Rhythm Folk16ths Ev16 075
RealDrums [in style:FunkRock70sSlowPerc^1-a:Hihat, Sidestick , b:Dark Ride, Sidestick

Presonus Impact

Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: NumFour - 01/31/22 09:39 PM
nice guitar pic and nice tasty clean tones.
very impressive.
this song could be used in a film.
i also liked the rests in the song.

well done.
om
Posted By: bloc-head Re: NumFour - 01/31/22 10:23 PM
Very mellow, I really like the drum track. your guitar playing sounds fine too... Well done Scott.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: NumFour - 02/01/22 01:30 AM
I like how your playing and the BIAB instruments seem to weave in and out of each other. Made for a delightful musical journey. Well done!
Posted By: rayc Re: NumFour - 02/01/22 01:36 AM
An interesting hybrid Scott...your playing shines through but the tweaked drums are consistently interesting too.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: NumFour - 02/01/22 07:24 AM
Hello Scott
really great
Your song really has a great background track
Absolute top class
Also the song structure is very well done and makes the song very interesting
The guitar solo makes the song then perfect
Great work Scott
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: NumFour - 02/01/22 07:52 AM
Nicely done, Scott! I like all the various sections, really helps add interest to the piece. Mix mix too, good headphone listen.

Well done, enjoyed!
Posted By: jannesan Re: NumFour - 02/01/22 12:55 PM
Really cool atmosphere, nice Celtic mood, especially the fiddle and dulcimer give it an exciting vibe. Very good work with the drums. And the guitar playing is really beautiful, I wish there was a ScottC RealTrack, I would really need one in my next project smile

Janne
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: NumFour - 02/01/22 01:01 PM
Man, all that technical stuff is beyond my pay grade.
However you got there...........it turned out well!

moto
Posted By: floyd jane Re: NumFour - 02/01/22 01:32 PM
Scott,

Drums sound good.

Lovely guitar work. Clean, melodic. Well played.

Good mix. Stops are well done and add just the right pause at the right places. Cool ending.

Enjoyed the listen.

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/01/22 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
nice guitar pic and nice tasty clean tones.
very impressive.
this song could be used in a film.
i also liked the rests in the song.

well done.
om

Thanks for checking out the song. Yes the picture is one of my favorite guitars. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: bloc-head
Very mellow, I really like the drum track. your guitar playing sounds fine too... Well done Scott.

Thanks for the comment on the drums. Have been spending allot of time with the midi files. Starting to understand what these files are all about. Glad you liked the song.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: NumFour - 02/02/22 12:23 AM
Scott,

This has a cool and unique sound going on! I love all the different textures happening that keep changing as the tune progresses! Nice guitar! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: firesong Re: NumFour - 02/02/22 04:10 AM
Scott...you are a player...this one is very unique...it's not as melodic as some of your other works...like Torrey said very textured and interesting to listen to...your guitar voicings are always appropriate for the piece you are presenting...WELL done!
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: NumFour - 02/02/22 01:59 PM
I don't understand all the production stuff you did with the drums but I understand good electric guitar playing - and your work is coming through loud and clear. Very melodic. The Band is good too. They seem to mix up rhythms and beats and your playing blends in nicely. Good mix. I like it.
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/02/22 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I like how your playing and the BIAB instruments seem to weave in and out of each other. Made for a delightful musical journey. Well done!

Thanks TM fir checking out the song. Glad you liked the song.

Thanks Ray for checking out the song. It is difficult keeping an instrumental interesting over 60 bars. Glad you liked it.
Posted By: dcuny Re: NumFour - 02/03/22 01:44 AM
Hi, Scott.

There's a lot going on here - a bit like traveling through a dense music woods.

I'm a simple-minded melody guy, so I got lost in the weeds a couple times. But it was a nice trip. smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: NumFour - 02/04/22 05:26 PM
Your experiment worked very well Scott. Your guitar and the drums are excellent.

This has a very cinematic feel and we think it would be a good tune for the sync libraries.

The whole band sounds great. It's mesmerizing (in a good way) and one can track along with the nice changes.

Well done!

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: NumFour - 02/04/22 06:57 PM
Scott, your guitar mastery really shines on this one. The Celtic feel and mix are spot on. Super tone on that axe!

I can see this one in a movie.

Great instrumental - two thumbs up.
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/05/22 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Scott
really great
Your song really has a great background track
Absolute top class
Also the song structure is very well done and makes the song very interesting
The guitar solo makes the song then perfect
Great work Scott
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Greeting to you as well. Thanks for the review. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nicely done, Scott! I like all the various sections, really helps add interest to the piece. Mix mix too, good headphone listen.

Well done, enjoyed!

Thanks Dave I focused more on the production than my actual playing on this one. Was trying some new setups I have discovered on the Internet. Glad you liked the song.
Posted By: PeterF Re: NumFour - 02/05/22 07:19 PM
Scott

A really nice guitar instrumental.

Drums sound good and the guitar parts were soothing and well played.

Good song.

Peter
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/06/22 07:26 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Really cool atmosphere, nice Celtic mood, especially the fiddle and dulcimer give it an exciting vibe. Very good work with the drums. And the guitar playing is really beautiful, I wish there was a ScottC RealTrack, I would really need one in my next project smile

Janne

Thanks Janne for checking out the song and loved the review. Glad you liked it

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Man, all that technical stuff is beyond my pay grade.
However you got there...........it turned out well!

moto

Thanks moto for checking out the song glad you liked it.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: NumFour - 02/06/22 09:39 PM
Scott,
Interesting fusion tune with a hint of ethnic flavor. Drums turned out well. Nice playing and good mix.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/07/22 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

Drums sound good.

Lovely guitar work. Clean, melodic. Well played.

Good mix. Stops are well done and add just the right pause at the right places. Cool ending.

Enjoyed the listen.

fj

Thanks Floyd for including the comments on the mix really appreciate it. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Scott,

This has a cool and unique sound going on! I love all the different textures happening that keep changing as the tune progresses! Nice guitar! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey Some of the more obscure styles have some very cool grooves. Glad you liked the song
Posted By: Birchwood Re: NumFour - 02/08/22 09:04 AM
Hi Scott,

Very nice song!
Cool how you worked along with those drums.
The guitar on the far right worked out very nice (to my ears)
The way you play feeds all kind of images in my head, mostly about green fields and hills, daffodils (and other flowers of course) and lot's of sun.
I've enjoyed it (again),
Hans
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/09/22 11:19 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Scott...you are a player...this one is very unique...it's not as melodic as some of your other works...like Torrey said very textured and interesting to listen to...your guitar voicings are always appropriate for the piece you are presenting...WELL done!

Thanks for checking out the song. Really appreciate the comments. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
I don't understand all the production stuff you did with the drums but I understand good electric guitar playing - and your work is coming through loud and clear. Very melodic. The Band is good too. They seem to mix up rhythms and beats and your playing blends in nicely. Good mix. I like it.

Thanks jpg Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Hi, Scott.

There's a lot going on here - a bit like traveling through a dense music woods.

I'm a simple-minded melody guy, so I got lost in the weeds a couple times. But it was a nice trip. smile

Thanks David Glad you liked it
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: NumFour - 02/10/22 08:27 PM
Quite the successful experiment, I'd say. Original and intriguing composition. I enjoyed it.
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/10/22 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Your experiment worked very well Scott. Your guitar and the drums are excellent.

This has a very cinematic feel and we think it would be a good tune for the sync libraries.

The whole band sounds great. It's mesmerizing (in a good way) and one can track along with the nice changes.

Well done!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud for checking out the song. Really appreciate your comments. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Scott, your guitar mastery really shines on this one. The Celtic feel and mix are spot on. Super tone on that axe!

I can see this one in a movie.

Great instrumental - two thumbs up.

Thanks Mario for checking out the song. Glad you liked it..
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: NumFour - 02/11/22 10:14 AM
So much good goin' on in there. Scott. Of course you guitars steal the show, but you really developed the perfect supporting cast of musicians. An interesting choice of instruments, and you blend them perfectly, weaving in and out of the shared spotlight. Excellent mix.
Posted By: RnAM Re: NumFour - 02/11/22 10:24 AM
Hi Scott,

We like all of it.
But especially the guitar!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: vicarn Re: NumFour - 02/11/22 11:26 AM
Cool sound and arrangement, Scott.

Vic
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/12/22 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott

A really nice guitar instrumental.

Drums sound good and the guitar parts were soothing and well played.

Good song.

Peter

Thanks Peter Appreciate you checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Scott,
Interesting fusion tune with a hint of ethnic flavor. Drums turned out well. Nice playing and good mix.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks Misha for checking out the song. Glad you liked it..
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/14/22 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Scott,

Very nice song!
Cool how you worked along with those drums.
The guitar on the far right worked out very nice (to my ears)
The way you play feeds all kind of images in my head, mostly about green fields and hills, daffodils (and other flowers of course) and lot's of sun.
I've enjoyed it (again),
Hans

Thanks Hans for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Quite the successful experiment, I'd say. Original and intriguing composition. I enjoyed it.

Thanks Scott really appreciate you checking out the song. Glad you liked it..
Posted By: David Snyder Re: NumFour - 02/15/22 12:21 AM

This is a real cool atmospheric track Scott. Love the sound texture.
Posted By: Derochette Re: NumFour - 02/15/22 10:46 AM
Hi Scott C,

Cozy atmosphere, the playing of the guitar lends itself wonderfully well. It's rich in variations of the background and it pleases. Well done.

Kindly regard
DErochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/16/22 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
So much good goin' on in there. Scott. Of course you guitars steal the show, but you really developed the perfect supporting cast of musicians. An interesting choice of instruments, and you blend them perfectly, weaving in and out of the shared spotlight. Excellent mix.

Thank you Marty for the kind words. Really appreciate them. Glad you liked them.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Scott,

We like all of it.
But especially the guitar!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie So glad you liked the song.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: NumFour - 02/17/22 12:07 AM
A both interesting and exotic selection of RealTracks has delivered a very unique result.

Great work.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: NumFour - 02/17/22 01:20 AM
Scott,

There’s so much to like about this one—of course, the impressive lead guitar melody among other things. For me, from a production standpoint, I would have liked to see a little bit more build from the intro to the meat of the song—starting a bit leaner and mixing the additional instrumentation as you go. But that’s a subjective thing . . . as it stands. . . impressive. Love the choice in stops. Nice work!

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: Scott C Re: NumFour - 02/21/22 09:28 PM
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Cool sound and arrangement, Scott.

Vic

Thanks Vic Glad you liked song.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is a real cool atmospheric track Scott. Love the sound texture.

Thanks David Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Scott C,

Cozy atmosphere, the playing of the guitar lends itself wonderfully well. It's rich in variations of the background and it pleases. Well done.

Kindly regard
DErochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks Jani Really appreciate your checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
A both interesting and exotic selection of RealTracks has delivered a very unique result.

Great work.

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Scott,

There’s so much to like about this one—of course, the impressive lead guitar melody among other things. For me, from a production standpoint, I would have liked to see a little bit more build from the intro to the meat of the song—starting a bit leaner and mixing the additional instrumentation as you go. But that’s a subjective thing . . . as it stands. . . impressive. Love the choice in stops. Nice work!

All my best,

Deej

Thanks Deej. Glad you liked it. Thanks for the comments on adding more build to the song. I have some new songs coming and have applied this to them. Glad you liked the song..
© PG Music Forums