PG Music Home
Posted By: Derochette Rock Symphony - 02/12/22 04:56 PM
Hi my friends of biab,
I have not been present on the forum in recent months for lack of time to devote to my hobby and I apologize. I would like to thank the site administrators for including me in the list of 2022 winners.

I'm uploading a symphonic metal composition today. For the metal part, I used rockamer-style realtracks + the RT guitar Poppower 1530 and for the orchestral part, I used chamber strings from Spitfire and bells from Eastwest. It's an unpretentious composition with the solo guitar of the realtrack which takes up all the space of this short composition. If you have the desire or the time, thank you for your constructive comments.

The link to my compo is :
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/rock-symphony

The link to my other compos is :
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/tracks

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Posted By: floyd jane Re: Rock Symphony - 02/12/22 05:06 PM
Derochette,

A good Symphonic Rock tune.

Enjoyed the listen.

I thought the strings could have been just slightly more "forceful" (Mostly just a little louder to sit "alongside" the cool guitar solo).

Cool.

fj
Posted By: dcuny Re: Rock Symphony - 02/12/22 05:49 PM
Hi, Derochette.

Loved the strings, and the tubular bells as well.

Of course, the guitar playing is excellent. smile
Posted By: RnAM Re: Rock Symphony - 02/12/22 06:01 PM
Great music, excellent guitar!
Might be used for a movie.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/12/22 06:21 PM
Hi floyd jane,

I thank for your comment and your advice. I increased the volume of the strings to adapt it to the volume of the solo guitar. One more thank you.

Kindly regard

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/12/22 06:25 PM
Hi dcuny,

It makes me happy to read you and I'm glad you like it because it's not a style I'm comfortable with.

Thank you

Best regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/12/22 06:27 PM
Hi Rob and Anne-Marie,

Thank you for stopping by to listen to my instrumental track. I'm glad you like it.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: MarioD Re: Rock Symphony - 02/12/22 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Derochette
I'm glad you like it because it's not a style I'm comfortable with.

Thank you

Best regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

It doesn't sound like its a style you're not comfortable with. It sounds like you have master the genre.

Great instrumentation and mix but that RT guitar lead to it over the top for me.

Two thumbs up
Posted By: bluage Re: Rock Symphony - 02/13/22 04:24 AM
'Derochette'...

This is some kind of grand, gripping blend of orchestral and rock music sensibilities for sure! It's like a prelude, or an intro to a larger composition. The two genres dance with and augment each other, rising to a fever pitch in the crescendo, and then fall out of the lofty orbit they've achieved in a stunning coda that left this listener simultaneously exhilarated and lost because of the brevity of the performance.

Regardless, I enjoyed the musical you created!
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Rock Symphony - 02/13/22 05:11 AM
This imaginative blend of modern and traditional soundscapes is well crafted. I thought the string/guitar ratios were fine. My one and only nit-pick is the last note of the tubular bells. I believe it would be more effective if it was synchronised with the last note of the guitar, rather than the fraction-of-a-second delay. Well done.
Posted By: rayc Re: Rock Symphony - 02/13/22 07:01 AM
The orchestral parts seem Bond theme/Barrie style which is cool.
They are great...the guitar is a bit generic but it does come from a box after all.
Have you listened to Wally Stott/Angela Morely's arrangements for Scott Walker? They're part baroque, part avant garde and part baritone pop.
Top stuff...I really enjoyed the arrangement...I'd love to hear one of the resident guitar gods have a crack at this.
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Rock Symphony - 02/13/22 09:37 PM
nice song start....nice bells.
loved those high guitar parts.
loved the staccato parts on one side of the stereo image.

best
om
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 12:36 AM
This is quite remarkable.

Fantastic to listen to a rock-style with a symphony backing.

Lots to like about this, no question.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 01:19 AM
I like it. That guitar was out of this world. Great use of the band. This is an epic production. Simply wonderful.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 07:46 AM
Hi MarioD,
Thank you for your comment but even if it does not appear, I do not control the fast rhythms well. Reading your comment, I realized that I forgot to mention the RT guitar solo "1530 guitar electric soloist PopPower Ev 120". I correct my introductory comment. smirk

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 07:54 AM
Hi Bluage,
Thanks for dropping by to comment. This composition is short because only instrumental and several people advised me not to exceed 2 min 30 so as not to tire the listener. Thanks again.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 07:59 AM
Hi Ghostgum,
Thank you for your appreciation and your constructive remark on the delay of the bells at the end. I tried to align the bells on the last note of the guitar but it sounded worse than with a slight delay. This is the reason why I voluntarily maintained this delay. But it's a question of taste. Thanks again for stopping by.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 09:21 AM
Hello Derochette
Good idea and good implementation
The guitar solo is really good in parts.
Maybe you should use the multiriff function for such
long solos to keep the solo on a high level for the whole length
But in any case it is a good song
And more rock music can't hurt here in the forum ;-)
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 11:12 AM
Man, you sure know how to build a song with the best ingredients and creative juices, Derochette. I always wanted to play in such a band as you have created here. Reminds me of The Nice playing with Andrea Previn and the London Symphony. Also, Bela Fleck with the Reading Symphony Orchestra --Victa blew the away. Excellent use of the software and a very good mix. Hopefully we'll get to hear more from you soon. I missed ya.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 12:29 PM
JaniJackFlash,

This is a very nice sounding track! You did an excellent job blending the heavy rock and symphonic sounds together! Totally professional sounding!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 06:14 PM
Hi Rayc,

First of all thank you for commenting. I couldn't find the link on youtube of Wally scott/angel Morely's arrangements for Scott Walker. I'm glad you like this instrumental composition.
See you soon on your compositions.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 06:17 PM
Hi justanoldmuso,

Thank you for your nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
Alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: rayc Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 08:29 PM
Hi Rayc,

First of all thank you for commenting. I couldn't find the link on youtube of Wally scott/angel Morely's arrangements for Scott Walker. I'm glad you like this instrumental composition.
See you soon on your compositions.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

This is from Scott's 1st album...

from his 2nd

and his third

Wally?Angela arranged all but three of the tracks on Scott 3.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 08:57 PM
A lot of movement forward, which the strings are the main propellant. I like the sound of tubular bells, and they work well in your composition.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Rock Symphony - 02/14/22 09:32 PM
So good to hear from you Jani. I was missing your music. Very cool guitar work and the backtrack was awesome. Love your mixes. Well done
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/15/22 09:44 AM
Hi Rayc,

Thank you for sharing. These are very pretty compositions full of sweetness.

Best regard

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/15/22 09:48 AM
Hi AudioTrack,

Thank you for your appreciation.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/15/22 09:52 AM
Hi jptjptjpt,

Thank you for the nice comment. The RT solo is the 1530 Electric poppower guitar which adapts very well to different rythmic styles.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/15/22 09:57 AM
Hi PROJECT M,

Your idea of ​​using the multiriff function is excellent. I don't know it very well but I will look into it. Thanks for commenting.

Best regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/15/22 10:05 AM
Hi BabuMusic,

That's a really nice comment you wrote. Very busy with work, in recent months, I have not been able to devote myself to music, I come back to it and I look forward to listening to your latest compositions. Again a big thank you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/15/22 10:12 AM
Hi Torrey Bliss,

I'm glad you like this instrumental track. I will try again in the future to combine both rock and orchestral. It's all about finding the right style.

Thank you very much for your comment on this forum and on my page of soundcloud.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Rock Symphony - 02/15/22 12:02 PM
I liked this very much... great arrangement and mix.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Rock Symphony - 02/16/22 06:13 AM
Nicely done! I especially liked the intro, but it's all good.

Good production and mix, enjoyed!
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/16/22 10:44 AM
Hi bloc-head,

Thank you very much for your appreciation.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/16/22 10:48 AM
Hi Ezekiel'š Storm,

Thank you for your appreciation. It is true that I like bells and I put them in practically all my instrumental compositions.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/16/22 10:52 AM
HI Scott C,
I am delighted to read you and the kind words of your comment. I have more time now and I look forward to listening to the club members' compositions.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: jannesan Re: Rock Symphony - 02/16/22 03:24 PM
Always refreshing to hear new sound on this forum. I really like the combination of rock guitars and strings. Very good work! I have heard this combination used quite often in heavy rock, have you thought of adding some staccato choir parts also?

Janne
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Rock Symphony - 02/16/22 05:43 PM
Derochette,

You do just a wonderful job on your mixes in all these instrumentals you post—this one is no exception. Love the ending of this one—just the right touch to keep the solo guitar going then circling back with the bells. The lead guitar sits just right and meshes well. Very cool and outstanding work!

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/17/22 05:39 PM
Hi Janne,

Thank you for your comment. Your idea to introduce staccato choir is a good idea. I'll think about it.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/17/22 05:44 PM
Hi BlueAttitude,

Thank you for your comment and your remark on the intro because I had to think a lot not to dive too quickly into the rock tempo.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Rock Symphony - 02/18/22 12:23 AM
Derochette,
That was fun! A bit short smile Good choice of instruments and movement. The only critical suggestion, not from someone who understands music, but purely based on the mood of average ear.... It seems that opening goes in too rhythmically fast and then looses tension toward the center. Sort of reverse "expectancy". It is not a bad thing, just different. Mix is clear and all instruments have their say. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/19/22 08:07 AM
Hi Deej,
It gives me great pleasure to read you. Thank you for your kind comment which encourages me to explore different styles while trying to better integrate Biab's Realtracks.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/19/22 08:14 AM
Hi Rustyspoon,

I've always been afraid of boring the listener with an instrumental track without lyrics. Several of you advised me not to exceed 2 min 30 (maximum 3 min). Here, my instrumental track is 2 min 15. Given the relatively short time, I got to the heart of the matter more quickly. But you're right, the construction of the piece could have been very different. Thanks again for your constructive advice.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Rock Symphony - 02/19/22 01:29 PM
A nice blend of styles and genres.

moto
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Rock Symphony - 02/21/22 05:07 PM
Excellent composition and use of BiaB and Spitfire/Eastwest.

Very cinematic!

J&B
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Rock Symphony - 02/21/22 11:10 PM

Wow, this is really good!!!

Great job!
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/23/22 05:08 PM
Hi CaptainMoto,

In this instrumental composition, I tried to use Biab's realtracks as much as possible. And I added the symphonic side with spitfire chamber strings. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/23/22 05:12 PM
Hi Janice & Bud,

What I admire about you, professional musicians, is that you always have a gentle word on this forum and on soundcloud to encourage amateur musicians to improve and advance. You comment on the last moment. It's reflective and always encouraging. Thank you very much.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJAckFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/23/22 05:28 PM
Hi David,

Thank you for following me on soundcloud and thank you for your encouraging comment.

I tried with this mix of realtracks and an orchestral addition. Biab is an excellent product. I asked the administrators to recover the tracks freezed in traditional Biab and to recover (freezed tracks) such resources as the Vst Biab.

It would be a real time saver in composition.
Sorry for using my answer to try to send a message to the administrators

Thank you again, David.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Rock Symphony - 02/23/22 06:51 PM
Reminded me of an ELO production but sadly the guitar 'solo' had no muical structure or 'tune' or 'hook', just a collection of the RT riffs strung together in front of an orchestral backing.
Bests
Ian
(Who also thinks 'tubular bells' was vastly overrated and self indulgent! Lol)
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/23/22 07:08 PM
Hi sixchannel,

I didn't quite understand your comment. You talk to me about Elo for whom you give an apparently negative opinion but not about my composition. Thank you if you could be more specific even if your comment is negative.

Best regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Rock Symphony - 02/23/22 07:15 PM
Hi sixchannel,

I didn't quite understand your comment. You talk to me about Elo for whom you give an apparently negative opinion but not about my composition. Thank you if you could be more specific even if your comment is negative.

Best regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

My reference to ELO was positive - its true Rock Orchestra and their work has a 'tune'.
Yours does not. Just my opinion. Sorry if you disagree.
Bests
Ian
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/23/22 07:27 PM
Hi sixchannel,

Thank you for your reply. It's true that in music, you like it or you don't, and it's respectable to say so, but I like to understand the comments posted.

thank you

Best regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: rayc Re: Rock Symphony - 02/23/22 08:48 PM
Don't worry Derochette,

You piece, with the limitations of the RT lead, is really cool.

Riffs are ostinatos and ostinatos are short melodic phrases repeated and varied.

You're creating new music, rather than indulging in covers, and that's something to be encouraged.

ELO were fabulous for their 1st album then degenerated into a Jeff Lynne's self promotion vehicle.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Rock Symphony - 02/25/22 12:10 PM
Hi rayc,

thank you for your encouragement.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
© PG Music Forums