PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C Turn It Up - 03/02/22 12:06 AM
Brought up the tempo a bit on this song. This is more experimentation with guitar and synths. The bike in the picture in Soundcloud is my brother. He spends the winters cruising the El Centro California area while I am up here in Northern Canada shoveling snow. :-)

Turn It Up

The Band
Bass 387,#Electric, Metal Ev 085
Drums RealDrums Nashville Even8^a:Snare,HiHat Open, b:Snare, Ride
Guitar 496 Electric Rhythm StonesZ Honky Ev120
Guitar 502, Electric Rhythm StonesZ Honky Ev120
Style_SZHonky.Sty StonesZ Honky

Guitar was a Les Paul, Two amps one through a pedal board the other amp dry and blended together.

Synths
Presonus Presence
Arturia Analog Lab V

Exported the Realdrum Chart to midi and accented with Presonus Impact

Also just wanted to note how good the 2022 version of BIAB is. The DAW plugin works so good with Studio One.
Well done PG Music. You hit the ball out of the park with this version..
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Turn It Up - 03/02/22 09:40 AM
I like anything with the Stones in it. Great guitar playing. You've actually captured what riding a bike through the El Centro California area would sound like to me.

Good one.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Turn It Up - 03/02/22 09:54 AM
Nice instrumental, Scott, I like the theme you came up with. Also like the synth work, very effective.

Enjoyed!

We have had quite a bit more snow than normal here also this year. My shovel has been getting a workout! wink
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Turn It Up - 03/02/22 11:15 AM
Scott,

A great sounding instrumental. Nice playing.

Good mix. Cool pumpin' Bass.

That's a great idea to export the RealDrum MIDI and use Impact with it...

Nice!

fj
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Turn It Up - 03/02/22 12:02 PM
Nice arrangement & production... The guitar sounds are very cool.
Good one...
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Turn It Up - 03/02/22 05:46 PM
Scott, I like the different guitar textures you have going on here! The song lends itself to imagine wide open spaces presented in the SC pic! Nice mix with a pretty flowing melody! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: firesong Re: Turn It Up - 03/02/22 06:03 PM
Scott...really liked the style and texture of this piece...it certainly had a California vibe to it...you (of coarse) are always exceptional on your leads and the sound that you got from the double amps is great...I love listening to your songs!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Turn It Up - 03/02/22 10:35 PM
Scott

This one sounds very good. Really nice work on all the elements.

One of your best instrumentals.

Peter
Posted By: rayc Re: Turn It Up - 03/03/22 02:48 AM
The change is guitar voice is cool though the 2nd seemed a fair bit louder than the 1st.
You've an easily recognized style Scott...a more relaxed Hank B Marvin?
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Turn It Up - 03/03/22 03:22 AM
Nice instrumental, Scott. Interesting and well played throughout. Really enjoyed it.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Turn It Up - 03/03/22 06:57 AM
Hi Scott,

This is a cool rocker you've made! In a certain way the Californian version of Rawhide (just kidding...).
Very nice rhythm and cool use of the synth. And of course your so recognizable lead guitar. No doubt it is Scottish!

Nice day,
Hans
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Turn It Up - 03/03/22 09:39 AM
Haha. My brother plays Winter golf in Florida while I enjoy the changing seasons in the north. I like the bike. YES!! I really like your guitar/synth experiment, Scott. Man, I'd love your guitars anywhere and with anyone. Very creative and smooth.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Turn It Up - 03/03/22 02:32 PM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
I like anything with the Stones in it. Great guitar playing. You've actually captured what riding a bike through the El Centro California area would sound like to me.

Good one.

Thanks Sean. Really appreciate the comments. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Nice instrumental, Scott, I like the theme you came up with. Also like the synth work, very effective.

Enjoyed!

We have had quite a bit more snow than normal here also this year. My shovel has been getting a workout! wink

Thanks Dave for checking out the song. My brother had been posting pictures and videos with his gopro camera of his rides through the mountains and desert in Southern California. Was trying to whip up some copyright free songs for him. Was a little fun turning up the gain for a bit. :-)..
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Turn It Up - 03/03/22 02:44 PM
Hello Scott
Cool song
Has a really good sound
Great guitar work
very good use of BiaB
Well done Scott
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Scott C Re: Turn It Up - 03/04/22 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

A great sounding instrumental. Nice playing.

Good mix. Cool pumpin' Bass.

That's a great idea to export the RealDrum MIDI and use Impact with it...

Nice!

fj

Thanks Floyd for the comments on the mix. Really appreciate them. Glad you liked the song..

Originally Posted By: bloc-head
Nice arrangement & production... The guitar sounds are very cool.
Good one...

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it..
Posted By: dcuny Re: Turn It Up - 03/04/22 11:47 PM
All those open fifths gives it a Western flavor - perfect for rolling along through heat of Southern California.

I like it - the change near the end worked really well.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Turn It Up - 03/05/22 12:02 PM
Very cool production Scott!
The guitar is great.
Enjoyed.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Scott C Re: Turn It Up - 03/06/22 02:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Scott, I like the different guitar textures you have going on here! The song lends itself to imagine wide open spaces presented in the SC pic! Nice mix with a pretty flowing melody! Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey. Glad you liked the song. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Scott...really liked the style and texture of this piece...it certainly had a California vibe to it...you (of coarse) are always exceptional on your leads and the sound that you got from the double amps is great...I love listening to your songs!

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it..
Posted By: Mark Rhodes Re: Turn It Up - 03/07/22 04:14 PM
A nice ride!
Enjoyed that.
The wide open sound of Western landscapes is one of my favorite musical feels.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Turn It Up - 03/07/22 05:49 PM
Hi Scott C,

It's a very nice instrumental composition that you offer us. I love the sound of your solo guitar that makes me dream of wide open spaces and the musical notes associated with them. I appreciated. Well done. thank for the sharing.

Best regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Turn It Up - 03/07/22 08:04 PM
Well we have to pedal our bikes smile but we can certainly appreciate that nice and open and flowy vibe.

Makes us want to head out on an adventure!

Those stonez RT's and your Les Paul are hittin' the note. REALLY good.

Great drums too Scott.

Excellent!

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: Turn It Up - 03/09/22 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott

This one sounds very good. Really nice work on all the elements.

One of your best instrumentals.

Peter

Thanks Peter for checking out the song. Really appreciate your comments. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: rayc
The change is guitar voice is cool though the 2nd seemed a fair bit louder than the 1st.
You've an easily recognized style Scott...a more relaxed Hank B Marvin?

Thanks Ray. Yes the middle section was a little louder. Bit more compression in that section due to me playing with the gain on the amps. Glad you liked the song.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Turn It Up - 03/10/22 08:49 PM
Groovy and laid back. I like whatever that rhythmic sound is that comes in around :40 (and later). Another nice one, Scott.
Posted By: Steve Peacock Re: Turn It Up - 03/11/22 12:18 AM
Good stuff! I like the guitar sound you got. I’ve never tried a two amp setup myself. It sounds interesting
Posted By: musician17 Re: Turn It Up - 03/11/22 04:19 AM
Good job! Not exactly my style, but who cares about that. The performance is great, the writing is great ... enjoyed it, it's good to broaden my mind every now and then, haha. Especially when it's this well done. Congrats :-)
Posted By: Scott C Re: Turn It Up - 03/12/22 09:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Nice instrumental, Scott. Interesting and well played throughout. Really enjoyed it.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon. Glad you liked the song. Appreciate the comments

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Scott,

This is a cool rocker you've made! In a certain way the Californian version of Rawhide (just kidding...).
Very nice rhythm and cool use of the synth. And of course your so recognizable lead guitar. No doubt it is Scottish!

Nice day,
Hans

Thanks Hans. Glad you liked the song. Appreciate the comments.

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Haha. My brother plays Winter golf in Florida while I enjoy the changing seasons in the north. I like the bike. YES!! I really like your guitar/synth experiment, Scott. Man, I'd love your guitars anywhere and with anyone. Very creative and smooth.

Thanks Marty A couple of years ago went down and spent sometime cruising the country side. The desert is such a beautiful place in the spring. Glad you liked the song.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Turn It Up - 03/13/22 03:03 AM
A really neat instrumental.

Great work on the axe, comes through really clean.

Nice mix, and the rhythm section sits perfectly.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Turn It Up - 03/13/22 03:07 AM
Hi Scott.

This is my kind of easy-listening music. You've done a really great job. You've created a great melody and your arrangement of it is awesome!

It's an easy and confident two thumbs up from me.

Love it!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Scott C Re: Turn It Up - 03/17/22 12:15 PM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Scott
Cool song
Has a really good sound
Great guitar work
very good use of BiaB
Well done Scott
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks for checking out the song Andi. Appreciate the comments. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
All those open fifths gives it a Western flavor - perfect for rolling along through heat of Southern California.

I like it - the change near the end worked really well.

Thanks David. Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Turn It Up - 03/17/22 05:20 PM
Brother goes in style, eh, Scott?
Yeah but think of all that awesome music that wouldn't be getting made! Classic 80's vocal rips.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Turn It Up - 03/17/22 08:06 PM
Super groove.

Outstanding guitar chops.

What's not to like?

Two thumbs up
Posted By: jannesan Re: Turn It Up - 03/18/22 02:22 PM
Excellent choice of acoustic and electric instruments, synths work very well. And the guitar playing is the cherry on the cake, such a beautiful melody, could be from an 80's cruising movie.

Janne
Posted By: Scott C Re: Turn It Up - 03/20/22 04:50 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Very cool production Scott!
The guitar is great.
Enjoyed.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie. Really appreciate the comments. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Mark Rhodes
A nice ride!
Enjoyed that.
The wide open sound of Western landscapes is one of my favorite musical feels.

Thanks Mark for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Scott C,

It's a very nice instrumental composition that you offer us. I love the sound of your solo guitar that makes me dream of wide open spaces and the musical notes associated with them. I appreciated. Well done. thank for the sharing.

Best regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks Jani for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Turn It Up - 03/21/22 01:51 AM
Scott,

Nice sound!
The usage of the guitar with two different characters is wonderful.
I agree with floyd, that's a great idea to export the Realdrum Chart to midi and accented with Presonus Impact.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Turn It Up - 03/21/22 02:17 PM
I like that.
Of course I'm a guitar guy so, why wouldn't I!

It's got a bit of a spaghetti westerns vibe but, with a fresh modern twist.
The art work fits the music well.

moto

Posted By: Scott C Re: Turn It Up - 03/21/22 08:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well we have to pedal our bikes smile but we can certainly appreciate that nice and open and flowy vibe.

Makes us want to head out on an adventure!

Those stonez RT's and your Les Paul are hittin' the note. REALLY good.

Great drums too Scott.

Excellent!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud for checking out the song. I found the new 2022 RT to be my favorite version upgrade. Will be using them lots. Your comments are very much appreciated and glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Groovy and laid back. I like whatever that rhythmic sound is that comes in around :40 (and later). Another nice one, Scott.

Thanks Scott for checking out the song. The rhythm track that coming is at 40 is done with a Minilab II and Arturia Lab V. It is an arpeggio pattern played across the chords in the song.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Turn It Up - 03/29/22 02:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve Peacock
Good stuff! I like the guitar sound you got. I’ve never tried a two amp setup myself. It sounds interesting

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it

Originally Posted By: musician17
Good job! Not exactly my style, but who cares about that. The performance is great, the writing is great ... enjoyed it, it's good to broaden my mind every now and then, haha. Especially when it's this well done. Congrats :-)

Thanks James for checking out the song. Nice thing about the forum as there are lots of different music genres. One can appreciate how much work goes into these song creations. Glad you like the song.

Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
A really neat instrumental.

Great work on the axe, comes through really clean.

Nice mix, and the rhythm section sits perfectly.

Thanks for checking out the songs. Appreciate the comments on the mix as well. I have been working hard to improve my skills. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Scott.

This is my kind of easy-listening music. You've done a really great job. You've created a great melody and your arrangement of it is awesome!

It's an easy and confident two thumbs up from me.

Love it!

All the best,
Noel

So good to hear from you Noel. Really glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Brother goes in style, eh, Scott?
Yeah but think of all that awesome music that wouldn't be getting made! Classic 80's vocal rips.

Thanks Ed. Yes that is his baby. He loves to ride year round. Wintering in California allows him to do that. Glad you like his song.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Super groove.

Outstanding guitar chops.

What's not to like?

Two thumbs up

Thanks Mario Thanks for the awesome comments. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Excellent choice of acoustic and electric instruments, synths work very well. And the guitar playing is the cherry on the cake, such a beautiful melody, could be from an 80's cruising movie.

Janne

Thanks Janne for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Scott,

Nice sound!
The usage of the guitar with two different characters is wonderful.
I agree with floyd, that's a great idea to export the Realdrum Chart to midi and accented with Presonus Impact.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks Shigeki for checking out the song. I am really enjoying playing with the midi files. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
I like that.
Of course I'm a guitar guy so, why wouldn't I!

It's got a bit of a spaghetti westerns vibe but, with a fresh modern twist.
The art work fits the music well.

moto

Thanks Moto for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.
© PG Music Forums