PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/03/22 04:10 PM
I shouldn't be doing this but I'm reposting this song from a few months back...I just finished this mix adding strings to it and tweaking some other stuff...I guess the interesting thing about this is the fact that the vocal was recorded when Amber (my daughter) was around 15 and she'll be 45 later this year so the vocal track and the instrumental parts are separated by about 30 years...gotta tell you I love this song...hope you do too.

Come On In
https://soundclick.com/r/s301t4

BiaB components
2877 bass
368 Acoustic strumming guitar
1599 Electric rhythm guitar
354 Acoustic fingerpicking guitar
1167 Electric soloist guitar

I added a string section from my Yamaha Genos and drums
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/03/22 04:20 PM
Man, I love it too. It's not just good, this song has an anointing. Great production and your daughter has one heck of a voice, especially at 15!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/03/22 05:22 PM
Yes I love this song.

Super vocal, a great voice for a 15 year old.

I really liked the instrumentation and mix

Loved it

PS - I'm sure that Amber likes the fact you mentioned her current age wink
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/03/22 09:48 PM
Nice.

I loved the simplicity of the verse verse verse format. We don't hear that much. The modulations on each verse was interesting.

Great instrumental solo.

Working backwards.... From the vocal track and building the band around the voice is fun. I've had a chance to do that with two different, really talented female singers.

The only thing I didn't like about this is the reverb on the vocal. It seemed to place the singer in a different place from the music and not exactly a part of it. Unless the reverb is printed on the vocal, I'd recommend that you remix the song with a lot less reverb, boost the level of the vox by a few dB and warm them up with EQ.

Loved it a lot.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/04/22 12:27 AM
Nice to hear it again! smile
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/04/22 10:31 AM
Lovely song and performance... I know you and Amber must be very proud of this recording... I do agree with Herb, regarding the reverb reduction, if possible... Beautiful music.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/04/22 04:27 PM
Wonderful. Your daughter's vocals are lovely. I hope she went on to become a professional singer. smile You matched the music and the vocals very well. That must be hard to do. I hope these songs are being played by some congregation of other. Good one.
Posted By: firesong Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/05/22 04:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who commented...I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.
Posted By: Alexander Paul Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/05/22 06:51 PM
Beautiful ballad with beautiful vocals! I think it's great to revisit old songs and update them. Really cool that the original vocals are 30 years old.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/05/22 08:59 PM
Dan,

You made the right choice in re-visiting this song! The vocals blend with the track seamlessly! And speaking of the vocals, they are really, really good! For being 15 years old when recording this, your daughter had a very mature sounding voice! She reminds me of Kellye Huff daughter of CCM artist David Huff. (I've had the pleasure to meet both of them) Kellye was popular back in the 80's and started singing at about the same age as your daughter with that same mature voice. Wonderful work on a great song!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: firesong Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/06/22 01:11 AM
Alexander and Torrey...thanks guys for the kind comments...I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment...I'm truly thankful for BiaB it has enhanced so many of my older recordings and is the only method I use to record material today!
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/06/22 08:31 AM
Hi Dan,

A very beautiful song with such a nice melody.
The vocals were amazing. I thought this was daughter again, so after 30 years, but these were her vocals from back then(?) Her voice sounds very mature. Does she still sing? I hope she does!
Very well recorded and the harmony bg was also done very well.

It was a pleasure to listen to it,
Hans
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/06/22 08:46 AM
I truly enjoyed this. Glad you decided to revisit it. A wonderful performance by your daughter.

Charlie
Posted By: Scott C Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/06/22 02:41 PM
Lovely vocal. Very pretty song. Chord progressions were very cool. Well done...
Posted By: firesong Re: Come On In (with Amber Eaker) - 03/08/22 03:30 AM
Hans, Charlie and Scott...thanks guys for your great comments and so glad you enjoyed Amber's performance...she did and does her daddy proud!
© PG Music Forums