PG Music Home
Posted By: bloc-head Anymore Or Less - 04/12/22 06:24 PM
Awhile back, I got together with a couple of songwriter/musician buddies, and produced an album of Country Songs we had written, or co-written...
This is one of a few songs I wrote & produced by myself as bonus tracks for the album...

Anymore Or Less

I’m guessin’ you don't love me anymore, I watched you walk out and slam the door.
said you were just goin to the liquor store,
but you never came back around here no more...

I just don't know what to say to you, maybe it's time you found someone new.

I don't love you any more or less, my love's the same since the day we met
I'm a fool and my life is a mess… don't know if I love you any more, or less

I tried to call you the other day, ask you if you wanna come back home and stay
You never answered your telephone, so I wrote you this song,
won't cha come back home

I just don’t know what to say to you, maybe it's time, I got over you.

I don't love you any more or less, my love's still the same since the day we met
I'm still a fool and my life is a mess don't know if I love you any more or less

BiaB Style is _KEBMO.STY (Rock/Country Crossover)

RealTracks in style: 379:Bass, Electric, Country DoubleTime Ev 088
381:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Syncopated Sugar Ev 102
380:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Syncopated Sugar Ev 102
RealDrums in style:NashvillePop16^1-a:Snare, Hihat , b:Snare, Ride

I also arranged the Dobro, Fiddles, and Piano Solos using Cakewalk, and BiaB RealTracks Multi-Riff feature.

I made up the lyrics, and sang all the vocal parts.
Also played some guitar & keys...

Recorded, Mixed & Mastered in Cakewalk Sonar

Please enjoy, and comment if you'd like...

Posted By: floyd jane Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/13/22 12:34 PM
bloc-head,

A funny write. Clever title/twist.

The vocals/harmonies have a fairly unique sound - almost a "bubblegum-ness" to them.

The fiddle is pretty busy and "crowds" the song (opinion, of course - I found it somewhat annoying pretty quickly). Since the vocal/melody have a "fast rhythm" to it, I thought the backtrack should have been a little more subtle (rhythm-wise).

fj
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/13/22 03:17 PM
I really like your music, Mr. Bloc. There's a touch of frenzy in the tempo (RealTracks pushed beyond their recommended range?) that caught me at the first bar. Artful melody and witty lyrics... oh, just shut my mouth and listen! My words are far less interesting than yours. Good stuff. Thanks.
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/13/22 03:40 PM
Pretty cool to be able to write a heartbreak song that makes you smile! Loved the dobro.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/13/22 04:12 PM
Clever title, fun listen. Nice and bright, the arrangement bounces along at a nice page. Instrumental solos come along to change things up early and often.

Your vocals with the thickened harmonies sound great.

Love it.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/13/22 06:23 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
bloc-head,

A funny write. Clever title/twist.

The vocals/harmonies have a fairly unique sound - almost a "bubblegum-ness" to them.

The fiddle is pretty busy and "crowds" the song (opinion, of course - I found it somewhat annoying pretty quickly). Since the vocal/melody have a "fast rhythm" to it, I thought the backtrack should have been a little more subtle (rhythm-wise).
fj
Thanks for the feedback Floyd, I really do appreciate the constructive criticism... even when I don't agree... grin;-)
I believe here, you may be right about the fiddles, they are busy, and probably should be a little more subtle... Thanks again FJ.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/13/22 07:28 PM
Cool song. Nice use of the band (in a box and real players). Good mix.

Thumbs up.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/13/22 08:22 PM
Super band and vocal

The harmonies were great

I agree with Floyd about the fiddle.

Two thumbs up
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/13/22 09:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
I really like your music, Mr. Bloc. There's a touch of frenzy in the tempo (RealTracks pushed beyond their recommended range?) that caught me at the first bar. Artful melody and witty lyrics... oh, just shut my mouth and listen! My words are far less interesting than yours. Good stuff. Thanks.
Hi Mr. Mark... thanks again for your indulgence... I am happy you liked my Alt Country Bubble Gum Pop Tune... I will, in the future, post some sho-nuf real Country tunes, from the aforementioned Album...
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/14/22 10:14 AM
A fun song, bloc-head. Love the lyrics including the title. Excellent harmony, and a great job fashioning those solos. Man, if this is a bonus track, this must be an outstanding album.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/14/22 12:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Pretty cool to be able to write a heartbreak song that makes you smile! Loved the dobro.
Thanks Brad, glad this brought a smile...
Yes, this dobro RT is really great... especially after you chop up the phrases & licks, and re-arrange them (cut & paste in a DAW).
It can be labor-intensive, but well worth the effort.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/14/22 01:28 PM
HI Bloc-Head ...

Not been here much the past 3 months. Two surgeries and two ER visits afterwards (not related to the surgeries), plus life's way of beating you down, have left me exhausted and not getting much steam back. Comments, thus, will be short and to the point.

Loved the song - particularly the vocals. Excellent in all respects. BTW, you live in the Southern part of the state - we live less than an hour from the Tennessee border on the northern border. No alligators or quicksand! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: RnAM Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/14/22 03:51 PM
Great song Bloc-head!
A cheerful sounding song, with lyrics that are less cheerful.
But with very good vocals an harmonies!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/14/22 04:14 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Clever title, fun listen. Nice and bright, the arrangement bounces along at a nice page. Instrumental solos come along to change things up early and often.

Your vocals with the thickened harmonies sound great.

Love it.
Thank you David... glad you enjoyed.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/14/22 05:24 PM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Cool song. Nice use of the band (in a box and real players). Good mix.

Thumbs up.
Thanks for the Thumbs... glad you liked it...
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/14/22 07:47 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Super band and vocal

The harmonies were great

I agree with Floyd about the fiddle.

Two thumbs up
Hi Mario... Thanks for listening, the nice comments, constructive feedback, and both thumbs...
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/15/22 07:54 AM
Fun stuff! Quite different from the other music I've heard from you, which shows your versatility.

Man, those harmonies are tight!
Posted By: rsdean Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/15/22 08:02 AM
bloc-head

I like the sound of this a lot. Great vocals and mix. Very cool song.

Bob
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/15/22 10:49 AM
I really liked some of the phrasings, and I did think I heard resonator guitar during the intro but I may be mistaken. Regardless, it all fitted together just nicely.

Fantastic vocals and over overdubs. A vibrant delivery.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/15/22 12:37 PM
Hi blockhead really like this, great use of biab love the vocals and the solos always look forward to listening to your tunes well done Eric
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/15/22 04:41 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
A fun song, bloc-head. Love the lyrics including the title. Excellent harmony, and a great job fashioning those solos. Man, if this is a bonus track, this must be an outstanding album.
Thanks Marty, it was a fun little project... so glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
HI Bloc-Head ...
Not been here much the past 3 months. Two surgeries and two ER visits afterwards (not related to the surgeries), plus life's way of beating you down, have left me exhausted and not getting much steam back. Comments, thus, will be short and to the point.

Loved the song - particularly the vocals. Excellent in all respects. Best to you ...
Alan
Hi Alan, thanks for listening, and for the feedback... get well soon...
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/15/22 06:11 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Great song Bloc-head!
A cheerful sounding song, with lyrics that are less cheerful.
But with very good vocals an harmonies!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Thanks for that, RnAM
Posted By: firesong Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/15/22 06:19 PM
Hey bloc...excellent use of BiaB...I love the fiddles and think you did a great job with them and when you mix in the resonator...well...you had me with the fiddles...the vocals are spot on and very cool...love the harmony and the song is (as with all your stuff) so well constructed and arranged...the hook...well it does what a country hook is supposed to do...I'm hooked...really nice man all the way around.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/16/22 01:06 PM

Yeah this is pretty funny.

It does not sound like your other mixes to me for some reason, and that is neither good nor bad. Just different. Maybe a little thinner?

It is like the low end is not as prominent and there is a lot more reverb on the vox. Maybe that is how you wanted it.

Funny song though.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Anymore Or Less - 04/17/22 07:53 AM
Hi Bloc-Head,

A nice light melody with some heavier lyrics, but fun listening to!
I can imagine that this 'bonus' track was the eyecatcher of that country albu, wasn't it? Nice do dance on
The drum intro was very nice mixed and the vocals are simply good!
But I agree with Floyd about the loudness of the fiddle. Not all the time, but it sometimes pushes away the vocals and other instruments, like the dobro (2:13).
But I read your reply, so you won't agree with me either ;-)

Don't eat too much eggs these days,
Hans
© PG Music Forums