PG Music Home
Ok, that Santana challenge was so fun, I just wrote this to make myself laugh. Then I thought, oh what the heck. Why not. Post it.

smile

Batter up.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs3/midnight-flight-to-rio

A little tune in honor of the great Al Di Meola, as part of a series of tributes.

David Snyder, Guitar

All music copyright 2022 by David Snyder, ASCAP/Day of Faith

David Snyder also on rhythm guitar, instrumentation, mixing, mastering, looping, fading, Izotoping, Ozoning, Wavs Plugin-ing and more

RealTracks in style: 1445:Bass, Acoustic, GypsyJazzLatin Ev 165
RealTracks in style: 2892:Piano, Electric, Rhythm FusionFastLatinJeff Ev 190
Good chops David

Great groove, mix, and backing tracks.

A very interesting piece of music

Two thumbs up
Yowf. Those strums go so fast I thought I was listening to a hammered dulcimer. laugh
Yeah, a hammered dulcimer was a good description. Always a treat to listen to, David. Let the game begin. I hope Django is next.
David,

That nylon is certainly getting a workout.

The speedy-jazzy-guitar thing is not to my taste.
But it's still pretty dang impressive...
And the mix is good.

fj

Thanks Mario.

I was in a really goofy frame of mind.

smile
Well, that's certainly different. I'd have never guessed Al Di Meola in a million years. But then again when Al was in his rise to fame, I was listening to heavy rock.... Sabbath, Purple, BOC.... and Uncle Ted. I never really got into Al's kind of music at the time. Kinda like the concert I went to because Mountain was playing and Chick Corea and Return to Forever was opening.... who was the promoter that thought THAT was a good idea?

I listened to your tune a few times..... overall, not my cuppa, but nicely done.

Al does have a song called Flight over Rio..... but.... anyway, I've always found his music to be esoteric.

I think I'll pass on this challenge. Maybe when you get around to Tony Iommi I'll think about it but you're gonna have to bring your "A-game" on that one.

It was a kind of a joke man. Just having a goofy day. Maybe it made you smile at least??

smile
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

It was a kind of a joke man. Just having a goofy day. Maybe it made you smile at least??

smile

Saul Goodman!
Hi David,

Your joke worked!
The Latin vibe was very nice, but that solo made me tremble, like Parkinson's came into my room...
I don't know that Al Dimeola, is this well written, not Al Demonsa?
There was definitely something devilish about it wink
But the mix was great!

Hans
Excellent for humor and challenges it stimulates and Al dimeola with my osteoarthritis it gets stuck!
Hey David,

Some pretty fast picking happening with this one! Way faster than what I'm capable of.

I think I'm going to pass on this one, but, a fun listen!
Hey David ...

Impressive in many ways. I like anything that has a Latin beat unless it's a total heap of trash - which this is not! Some pretty nifty picking! In places, the guitar sounded similar to a dulcimer, as already noted, and in some places, it reminded me of a mandola. Glad you shared this with us - I liked it!

Alan
Hi David,

You made this to make yourself laugh.
Well... you made me laugh too laugh

Anne-Marie
I was not familiar with Al Di Meola. I went an watched a few of his youtube clips, Wow. Not sure how he pulled of some of the finger positions. Lovely song David. I must pass on this challenge. My poor old hands would be in ice for a well after trying to play something like that.

Very cool backtrack. Some excellent playing my friend. Well done
David,
Neat, lively instrumental. Nice ear massaging. Fun.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Having listened to very little of his music we sampled his Elegant Gypsy album before listening to your song and you certainly captured his tone and speed! Amazing thing to play a dulcimer like that smile

It sounds like you were having tons of fun, David. smile

Good one,

J&B
© PG Music Forums