PG Music Home
Posted By: Scott C Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/11/22 10:47 PM
Sorry David could not do the Al Di Meola Challenge. My poor old hands would be done if I had to pick like that on an acoustic.

This song was done for my brother who is an avid sailor. This picture on Soundcloud is my borother putting his sailboat through the paces in a Regatta. Very scary when that thing leans over..

This song is for the Moonshadow II

Moon Shadow II

The Band
I used the separate stems for the drum track. Thank you BIAB for making these stems available.

Key=G , Tempo 88, Length (m:s)=3:05
No intro. 64 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 64. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _BLUEINK.STY (Blue Ink Slow Songwriter Strum)

RealTracks in style: 1036:Bass, Electric, NorthernRockBallad Ev 065
RealTracks in style: ~1639:Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkBreezy Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 869:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernRnBRockWarmA-B Ev 065
RealTracks in style: 1004:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm ClassicRockStrumming Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 2820:Harp, Rhythm ClassicalSlow8ths Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~689:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 085
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleRadioCoolSw16^5-OpS,RdS
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleRadioCoolSw16^
RealDrums in style:NashvilleBrushesEasyBluegrass: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes, Stick

I normally record my songs with two amps and two mics. This song was recorded through a Helix. There were three tracks blended into a buss. A DI track (dry), a Wet track using the Helix Effects and Amps and another DI track but had the Helix Native Plugin vst which was mixed in the DAW. No mics or amps. So much easier
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 01:06 AM
Hi Scott,

Lovely melody - well done.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: dcuny Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 02:32 AM
Nice melodic playing!
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 05:40 AM
I find that the most beautiful part is from 0.46 and 1.30 where it is very beautiful with a great guitar sound. At this moment you are ready for the perfect song. the right notes in the right place.
Posted By: rayc Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 05:44 AM
Some really lovely melodic lines and tone Scott. A good band, nice job on the drums' multi tracks by the way, and a good structure. The delay gets in the way of the melody a few times.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 06:54 AM
Lovely melody, Scott, as usual! Tone sounds great to me too.

Enjoyed!
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 07:11 AM
Hi Scott
Very nicely played
Especially with a lot of feeling
Maybe the sound of the guitar could have a little more pressure.
But that is just a feeling from me
All in all very well done
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 09:03 AM
It's always enjoyable to receive an instrumental occasionally, and this is no exception.

Nice mix, and a clear performance of the lead instruments.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 10:01 AM
Scott,
Very interesting airy track. I like how you spaced out instruments in the mix and your playing is excellent.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 10:32 AM
You are the master melody maker, Scott. I appreciate the explanation of your recording process. It's amazing how the same recording can sound so different with mic selection and placement.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 02:18 PM
Hi Scott ...

Well, isn't this as pretty as can be??!! It just wafts like a leaf in a breeze. Really, really nice!

Alan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 04:37 PM
Very nice, Scott.

Good melodic playing. Nice clean tone.

fj
Posted By: RnAM Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 07:13 PM
Lovely melody Scott.
And nice artwork!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 07:34 PM

I see you are a worthy challenger my nimble-fingered friend!!

And nicely played!!

But I have challenged you! See my latest post!!!

And it is not over yet!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/12/22 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Scott,

Lovely melody - well done.

Best Regards
Nigel

Thanks Nigel for checking out the tune. Glad you liked it..
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/13/22 09:09 AM
You have some interesting changes in the song. Nice job.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/13/22 11:57 AM
Hi Scott,

I think this is better than Al Di Meola, Scott. So you won the challenge!
Very nice melody and solo, but I was not at all surprised by that. These are (a few of) your strong points.
I have one 'but'; at 2:20 it looks your guitar had less volume than before. at least that grabbed my attention.

Hans
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/13/22 05:05 PM
What a beautiful song in every way, Scott. The melody, your tone (as so many others have mentioned), the melody and the BiaB tracks give us such a lovely escape from the day to day.

Very cinematic.

We wonder if your brother has this kind of song going through his head while he is “lost” in the magic of sailing.

Thanks for the backstory on the creation using the Helix, etc.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
loved your boat pic ...and OF COURSE your tasty changes and playing.
i found it a very peacefull and relaxing piece.
well done.

happiness
om
Posted By: Scott C Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/14/22 09:57 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Nice melodic playing!

David, Laurent4114, Ray, and Dave. Thanks so much for checking out the song. Felt good to do this song for my brother. He is in his happy place behind the wheel of his sailboat. Glad you liked the song
Posted By: Scott C Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/15/22 10:54 PM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Scott
Very nicely played
Especially with a lot of feeling
Maybe the sound of the guitar could have a little more pressure.
But that is just a feeling from me
All in all very well done
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks Andi Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
It's always enjoyable to receive an instrumental occasionally, and this is no exception.

Nice mix, and a clear performance of the lead instruments.

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Scott,
Very interesting airy track. I like how you spaced out instruments in the mix and your playing is excellent.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks Misha. Good to hear from you. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
You are the master melody maker, Scott. I appreciate the explanation of your recording process. It's amazing how the same recording can sound so different with mic selection and placement.

Thanks Marty. Still dialing in this modular recording process. Another tone journey to explore. Glad you liked the song.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/17/22 05:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Scott ...

Well, isn't this as pretty as can be??!! It just wafts like a leaf in a breeze. Really, really nice!

Alan
Thanks Alan for the awesome comments. Really appreciate it. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Very nice, Scott.

Good melodic playing. Nice clean tone.

fj

Thanks Floyd

Glad you like the song.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Lovely melody Scott.
And nice artwork!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie for checking out the song. Glad you liked it.
Nice work Scott. Excellent guitar work as usual.
When the guitar tone changes a couple of times it suggests a change of tack, adding to the sailing theme of your song.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Scott C Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/21/22 12:55 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

I see you are a worthy challenger my nimble-fingered friend!!

And nicely played!!

But I have challenged you! See my latest post!!!

And it is not over yet!

Thank you David for checking out the song. I have to bow out on the last challenge as my poor nimble fingers would be in a sling. I did look the fellow up on Youtube as I had not heard of him. Very impressive guitar player and song writer. Glad you liked the song

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
You have some interesting changes in the song. Nice job.

Thanks Herb for checking out the song. Glad you liked it..

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Scott,

I think this is better than Al Di Meola, Scott. So you won the challenge!
Very nice melody and solo, but I was not at all surprised by that. These are (a few of) your strong points.
I have one 'but'; at 2:20 it looks your guitar had less volume than before. at least that grabbed my attention.

Hans

Thanks Hans for checking out the song. Glad to have your vote on the challenge. I have been playing with volumes and energy between the verses and choruses to try and improve the songs LRA and dynamics. Glad you like the song.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/22/22 01:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
What a beautiful song in every way, Scott. The melody, your tone (as so many others have mentioned), the melody and the BiaB tracks give us such a lovely escape from the day to day.

Very cinematic.

We wonder if your brother has this kind of song going through his head while he is “lost” in the magic of sailing.

Thanks for the backstory on the creation using the Helix, etc.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud for the awesome comments. Really glad you liked song.

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
loved your boat pic ...and OF COURSE your tasty changes and playing.
i found it a very peacefull and relaxing piece.
well done.

happiness
om

Thanks om for checking out the song. Yes the pic is one of my favorites as well. I have on the boat when it has been leaning over like that. Very nerve racking. I have white knuckles while he has a smile on his face. Glad you liked the song.

Thanks Mike for checking out the song really glad you liked it.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Moonshadow II (Eurotopia Challenge) - 05/27/22 03:03 PM
Scott,

Nice job! This has a lovely flowing melody and feel to it! Listening to it gives the feel of a peaceful day out on the water!

Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums